Rumors! Gossip! Tabloids!

LIRSAUTTON V, EVERYSHORE

Piety and bewilderment have greeted the opening of the Amarrian Orthodox Church, Sedevacantist’s first shrine on the Jin-Mei homeworld of Lirsautton V. The “Shrine of Our Lady of the Blessed Hips” features the remains of capsuleer Faith Griffiths, revered among the sedevacantists for a waist-to-hip ratio that they believe could only be the result of divine intervention. Prefabricated off-site in anticipation of the day when the church would obtain Ms. Griffiths’ remains, the final assembly of the shrine began immediately after the daring theft of Ms. Griffiths’ entombed body from its resting place in a Naga V crypt, a heist for which the Church has yet to claim responsibility.

A golden, towering construction with a square floor plan, the shrine features four entrances, one each for the three Jin-Mei castes plus a fourth for foreigners. After entering, pilgrims proceed to the center of the shrine, where Ms. Griffiths’ vertically oriented, unclothed remains slowly rotate, encased in three layers of security glass and inert gas. When the shrine is closed, the entire housing descends below ground. According to Church officials, no one on site has keys to access the Griffiths enclosure. On the walls of the shrine, stained glass windows attest to miracles performed by Ms. Griffiths, depicting the curing of illnesses by her bumping the sick with her hips.

The opening of the shrine was modestly attended by the sedevacantist faithful and other curious visitors. Some women prayed at the base of the relics for a healthy pregnancy. But one Amarrian tourist was unimpressed. “There’s no such thing as a ‘future saint’”, he said. “This lady is still alive. And doesn’t she have a Minmatar boyfriend?” Reached for comment, spokesperson Calyce Io for the Amarrian Orthodox Church, Sedevacantist replied that the story of Ms. Griffiths’ life is not yet complete and her conversion to sedevacantism and future miracles remain ahead of her. Ms. Io pointed to the sedevacantist film The Scent of Faith as a possible future for Ms. Griffiths. The spokesperson evaded responsibility for the removal of Ms. Griffiths’ remains from Naga, saying that capsuleers leave corpses of themselves all over the place and an active market exists for their acquisition.

9 Likes

The Snoop!, 01.08.124

Roy goes full Zero!

Sparks from a movie set have turned into a fire, as revealed by scandalous photo-evidence of action star Peter Roy and zero-zero privateer Paige or “Trii Seo”, enjoying their time together at the coasts of one of Matigu’s jade oceans. Matching the security of the outer regions, zero clothing was involved.

Roy and Paige were both involved in an action holo “Ascent” that had a mediocre opening weekend at the theaters but has since gained in popularity. After the initial wave of mostly negative reviews, some positive comments have surfaced – like this one from a renowned Amarrian movie critic, Parisa Attar.

2 Likes

[21:12:47] EVE System > Channel Local : Nasreri
[21:22:11] Yun-Hee ‘Tight-lips’ Yubari > Hello, Polevhia.
[21:42:29] Yun-Hee ‘Tight-lips’ Yubari > If you are hungry after, you are welcome to have dinner at The Nocturne.

EVE System > Channel The Summit
[ 124.08.01 21:30:29 ] Evi Polevhia > You can use this instead of the local router, Yubari.
[ 124.08.01 21:31:02 ] Mikozaki Raikuuken > How’s it going?
[ 124.08.01 21:31:12 ] Alicia Claus > “It’s going, you?”
[ 124.08.01 21:31:16 ] Yun-Hee ‘Tight-lips’ Yubari > Yes, but then the question “What brings your here?” might not yield the answer I am interested in.
[ 124.08.01 21:31:48 ] Evi Polevhia > Nothing I can speak about in either channel or to anyone present.
[ 124.08.01 21:33:12 ] Mikozaki Raikuuken > That’s quite mysterious, but I won’t pry.
[ 124.08.01 21:33:54 ] Evi Polevhia > Rather standard I would assume.
[ 124.08.01 21:35:15 ] Mikozaki Raikuuken > Huh. I can’t say I’m involved in anything that would require opsec.
[ 124.08.01 21:36:51 ] Mikozaki Raikuuken > As for what brings me here, Ms. Yubari, nothing more than the opportunity of conversation and meeting new and interesting people!
[ 124.08.01 21:37:12 ] Yun-Hee ‘Tight-lips’ Yubari > I see you have not been around capsuleers for a long time. It is quite common for us not to discuss certain subjects, even among friends.

1 Like

A conversation overheard on a com panel in a spaceport at Heurette, Bayeux (Aubenall IV), taken place on YC 124.07.30.

“So, after all the years of us being here, it ain’t worth it no more, is it? You think it’s gettin’ too hot out there?”

“Yeah, I do. I don’t think it’s safe for y’all here no more. I know y’all wanted to stay through the occupations, but I don’t know how peaceful the State will end up bein’. I know there’s plenty on the planet that would try and start somethin’, and I don’t want y’all gettin’ caught up in it.”

“I see. I assume you made plans then? Somethin’ that we could work with?”

“I do, yeah. Workin’ in Solitude as long as I have has had its benefits. Y’all know where Ogaria is?”

“Odamia?”

“Naw, Ogaria. Out in Solitude. None of this crap will affect ya’ out there. Seems to me like the State don’t care much ‘bout making inroads over there. Ya’ can keep the business up, and the colony itself ain’t too dissimilar to what y’all are used to.”

“Is it high-security?”

"Well… no. Most’a my favor has been curried in the Elerelle district, and ain’t a single highsec system there. But I operate near there, from time to time.

“Hmm… I guess it’s all right then. I trust your judgment, boy. They ain’t selected ya’ to be an egger for nothin’, after all. I’ll get everyone ready and get everything placed in that big ol’ secure container ya done sent us earlier. Nice talkin’ to you again.”

3 Likes

“Bulwark of Solitude” Sterier To Hold Convention in Agaullores
The Solitude Sentinel, YC 124.08.02

Vrynck Sterier, a self-styled poet, native of Elose and firebrand whose words have often captivated the more conservative elements of the Solitude region, has what he described as a “very pro-Federation rally” occuring soon in Agaullores. Reception towards the event has been met with mixed reception, being met with praise from the aformentioned conservatives of Solitude. The more liberal elements of the region, however, have expressed concern towards some of the rhetoric espoused from Sterier.

“He’s said it himself on GalNet,” an Intaki trader mentioned to the Sentinel in response to earlier reports on the rally, “that it’s not really pro-Federation. It’s all a front. It’s anti-Intaki. It’s anti-Amarr. Not anti-Syndicate or Empire. It’s worrying how emboldened people like him have become.”

Elerelle, the district Sterier is planning to hold the rally in, has been long beset by troubles caused by the regions it borders. The Serpentis, who operate many establishments in the relatively lawless Syndicate, have often spilled their operations over to the border district. In addition, members of the Blood Raider cult have also appeared in Elerelle, which has resulted in alleged clashes between the two groups, often involving the native Federal populace. While efforts were made, most notably in YC 122, to combat the surge in piracy occuring in the district, residents say that since then, the activities of the Serpentis in particular have ballooned to out of control levels.

“It’s all a load of crap,” said a miner that operates out of Babirmoult. “The Fed doesn’t do anything for us. We have to fend for ourselves out here. I have no idea how that idiot [Sterier] has any fans out here, but he does. Anyone that’s really from here will tell you that the Fed does nothing for these low-security places. I couldn’t give less of a damn about what he thinks about the Intaki. Fact of the matter is, it’s insulting that he’s so pro-Fed Navy and coming out here, acting like he’s one of us, when they don’t do a damn thing for us.”

The event, set to be held on the Astral Mining station in Agaullores, is expected to draw a moderately sized crowd. Protests have also been planned, namely in the forms of pro-Intaki and pro-Ni-Kunni advocates, who have voiced their anger about Sterier’s comments liking the Intaki populace of Solitude as nothing more than criminals, welcoming the Serpentis in to the region, and the Ni-Kunni as nothing more than a trojan horse for the Empire to assert its influence in the region.

Astral Mining, when questioned about the rally, affirmed their dedication towards the free expression of those in the Federation on GalNet, also mentioning that protesting against his message will also be permitted, provided that it is done in a peaceful manner.

4 Likes

KIRJUUN!

Kirjuun! is a independent publication supported by Home Guard veterans and by readers like you.

Kirjuunen Ketsonet Nuijaa Publishes Survey on Labor Radicalism

Following several months of reorganization and internal investigation, workers of the Kirjuunen Ketsonet Nuijaa labor organization have released a report to Kirjuun! detailing the results of opinion polls conducted among its members in Kaalakiota and its joint subsidiaries-- including Echelon Entertainment and Caldari Steel.

Seeking to rebrand themselves and course correct away from the legacy of its corrupt predecessor, Kitagawan Ketsonet Nuijaa, KIKEN has worked to establish new methods of worker self-organization under a trained ideologically resilient vanguard rather than the previous strategy of disorganized, sporadic mass action. According to the organization’s new General Secretary, Niina Eskola, the previous anachronistic network of autonomous cells was inadequate at defending against internal subversion resulting in flashpoints of extreme violence that ultimately betrayed the organization’s commitment to protect the interests and wellbeing of the Caldari worker.

The transition to leadership under a vanguard of veterans and political commissars has not been without its challenges however, with many workers marked by the organization as potential fifth-columnists either purged from the ranks of the union and reported to Home Guard authorities or given the option to volunteer as a part of the paramilitary arm of Ketsonet Nuijaa fighting among workers militias in the North Placid conflict.

Hoping to place a finger on the pulse of the organization, KIKEN established a recent survey to better judge the ongoing transition and its success in reestablishing a strong union as a component of the greater Caldari national project.

When presented the statement “I am, first and foremost, a Statesman” roughly 88% percent of all workers polled agreed; coinciding more or less proportionately with the overall demographics of State citizens. In other words, nearly all members polled who were of Caldari ancestry reaffirmed themselves as principally Caldari-- While only a small fraction of the estimated 25% of Achura Caldari union hardliners identifying as Achura before Caldari.

The next question that followed read “Beyond my ancestry and citizenship, I MOST consider myself a-- Corporate collaborationist, radical unionist, labor nationalist, or other.” Despite claims of Ketsonet Nuijaa being a “radical workers union” only 26.4% of workers chose to identify as a radical unionist. The vast majority, at 54.8%, preferred to identify as labor nationalists. The next question aimed to zero in on the implications of such a response. “I believe that a strong, self-managed workers union should be a part of the wider Caldari project.” The question met near universal approval, with an overwhelming majority of 93.2%.

More interestingly, the next question asked to judge whether or not those polled agreed with the statement “I believe some concessions may be necessary with the executive class to further workers interests.” The answer was decidedly yes, with 88.2%.

Next, workers were presented the following; “I believe we should attempt to further our goals by seeking stronger bonds-- With Jastokuaskaanonen Saikkan Luovhaikya, with progressive liberals outside of the Mountain Faction, or by focusing on reinforcing our position within Kaalakiota.” This question appeared to be the most derisive, with 45.1% favoring further ties with the Mountain Faction, 15.4% favoring tactical alliances with progressive liberal workers organizations, and 39.5% wishing to narrow the scope of organizating within Kaalakiota specifically.

Lastly workers were asked to judge the statement “I believe Kirjuunen Ketsonet Nuijaa and the vanguard is moving the union in a better direction.” Results, perhaps unsurprisingly, reflected the overall enthusiasm with Eskola-haani’s organizational pivot as 74.3% report perceived organizational improvement since the Kitagawa administration. It seems that with the vanguard established and guiding union action, Kirjuunen Ketsonet Nuijaa has proven itself successful in deradicalizing its base by removing its extremist elements and folding it into a wider, ambitious vision of the future for the Caldari working class. One which remains staunchly committed to a vision of the self-managed worker and resists subjecting itself fully to corporatism, while still presenting a rational organized front to negotiate with mother megacorp to seek peaceful symbiosis.

4 Likes

I’m a crewmate aboard a freight vessel. Our ship recently ran a load out to Parses in the Khanid Kingdom region of space. Saw some signs along the way, put up by a Lady Zeresh advertising purchase of customs offices and such. Had some weird jibberish or code in it? but didn’t think much of it.

Then today a coworker from elsewhere in the fleet mentioned some customs stations in Parses had their reinforcement alarms active. Looked into it a little and from what I can tell, a group had already taken a few customs offices out recently. Looked a bit more and found out it is the same KHPER group that took over customs control afterward.

It might not be anything big, but we here are interested to know what’s going on out there. Especially since our CEO has intimate ties to the CEO of that Demo Girls group. And both have worked with the CEO of the KEHPR group.

2 Likes

Snitches are everywhere, selling their gossip for a price. Word is that Heir-Lord Jason Statesman Moradian was spotted docking at multiple space brothel stations in the Utopia Solar System of the Curse region.

2 Likes

Except from a speech delivered by Solitude conservative Vrynck Sterier at a rally in Agaullores, YC 124.08.12.

"Fellow Gallente, do you not see what is happening to our beautiful region? Can you not bear the truth of our proximity with the criminal Intaki Syndicate? You have seen, just a few days ago, what that brings. Chaos. Death. Destruction and panic. To say that you can take a philosophy so hard-coded in to Intaki spiritualism and attempt to make that compatible with Gallentean society is such a fool’s errand that the humble, proper Federal citizens of Ogaria II have suffered because of it.

Do we heed the call of the Amarr and Ni-Kunni living in the region when they preach about their empire and their God? Do we allow the evil nature of forced labor without compensation to operate here? We do not, because we have it explicitly outlined in our society and our views that the Empire is the Enemy. Why then, do we tolerate Intaki ‘spiritualism’? Why do we suffer the belief in the Reborn? Their veneration of death has reached its logical conclusion more than a decade ago, and once again has shown itself at our doorstep.

It should be no surprise that these Aenebra fester within the borders of the criminal Intaki Syndicate. Of course, they are not alone. The Serpentis regularly construct infrastructure there, meant for the sole purpose of attacking our mining fleets, raiding our colonies, killing our strong and forcing our weak to become addicts to their boosters and other such drug paraphernalia. The vile Caldari, and the Ishukone in particular, also operate the closest State infrastructure to our home. Many here today are distinguished veterans of our Navy, and I do not need to tell you how foul it is that the Syndicate allows them to perch virtually right at our doorstep, where they are not, and will never be welcome.

You must then, however, forgive me for what I will say next. I hold no ill will towards the foot soldiers that came to my aid, as I escaped death at the hands of the Intaki death cult whilst I stayed in Ogaria in preparation for this event. They act on orders from higher-ups that have clearly become derelict in their duties to the citizens of the Federation. Goins and Elose are districts that enjoy fast responses by the Federation Navy, as they should. But, people of Elerelle, you are all far too familiar with how little help they offer you out here.

In fact, what I find truly shameful, is that the Aenebra not only attacked Solitude, but it also attacked Aridia! Would you believe how fast the Imperial Navy forces responded? Almost instantly. I have it on good authority that Aenebra attempting to cause widescale death on a planet in Yehaba, just two jumps from here, were intercepted before it could even happen, and swiftly put down like the parasites they are. All this, in a low-security system, in fact, the same security rating as Ogaria. Why then, does the Federal Navy falter? Perhaps the Navy should find it pertinent not to apply Intaki stoicism to situations like this that occur close to Intaki space. And perhaps, I should also not be surprised that a certain Intaki capsuleer who dares to call himself a savior of this region because he provided the lowest level of assistance to our Navy during the Triglavian invasions, was not present to defend the space he claims to represent so much.

I only have my luck and quick thinking to thank for allowing me to be here and tell you these things. But in truth, I am telling you nothing you don’t already know. I am just saying that which you are perhaps afraid to say. Were only Aguard more interested in our space’s security than building a stargate that accomplished nothing but the creation of temporary work that has long since ceased, then the Ogarians that perished would still live today. Alas, she isn’t, and they aren’t alive because of it. We, as citizens of Solitude and the greater Federation, can only do our best to exist in this system of great adversity placed upon us by our unwelcome neighbors."

2 Likes

Workers Killed In Corporate Raid In Kehjari

The Placid Tribune
14 August YC 124
By Callistia Rou-Duvaux

Disturbing revelations have come from the Kehjari system following the violent resolution of a labour dispute on Kehjari III by security forces of Kaalakiota Corporation that has left dozens confirmed dead or injured with an unknown number of further casualties.

The labour dispute arose three weeks ago on the frontier colony of Kehjari III in Black Rise when thousands of workers at the Haruukoza Heavy Industries (HHI) chemical plant formed an autonomous labour union and called a strike, occupying the plant and demanding safer working conditions in addition to the immediate payment of unpaid overtime wages that have accrued for over one year.

Tensions between workers and management further escalated two weeks ago when a failure to reach a settlement resulted in workers at the plant rioting in the streets of the nearby HHI company town resulting in the subsequent capture and the taking hostage within the chemical plant of over thirty Home Guard officers.

Negotiations between union leaders and management appeared to have come to an impasse with the management of HHI refusing to deal with the leaders of the labour union until the release of Home Guard prisoners was made by the union.

However, in the early morning hours of August 12th workers at the HHI chemical plant were awoken to the sound of explosions and Sparrow-class dropships as mercenary forces now identified as belonging to Grave Falcon Conflict Solutions (GFLCN) descended upon them.

Footage obtained by union workers at the scene shows what appears to be the release of a chemical agent believed to be chlorine gas with many workers becoming incapacitated and asphyxiating before they could put on protective gear before being indiscriminately fired upon by the corporate mercenaries and dropships above.

The resulting chaos of the attack by Grave Falcon has left the leaders of the HHI worker’s union either dead or missing along with dozens, potentially hundreds, of others caught in the violence. Survivors of the attack have either fled or been arrested in the brutal crackdown.

Commenting on the situation, Grave Falcon Conflict Solutions CEO, Mikozaki Raikuuken had this to say on Kaalakiota Corporation social media:

“On August 12th YC124 the board of Haruukoza Heavy Industries contracted Grave Falcon Conflict Solutions to conduct an operation aimed at pacifying the illegal and violent occupation of a corporate industrial facility in the Kehjari system by Provist terrorists who in addition were holding loyal soldiers of the Home Guard as hostages in a perverse scheme of ransom and extortion.

I am glad to announce that the operation was conducted successfully and without casualties incurred through the swift and precise application of force against Provist terrorists. However it is with great sadness I report that operatives of Grave Falcon Conflict Solutions was unable to prevent the sabotage of chemical containment vessels by Provist terrorists which resulted in the release of chlorine gas in a deranged scheme aimed at killing our operatives at the expense of the lives of their own compatriots.

Grave Falcon Conflict Solutions strongly condemns the use of chemical agents and deeply regrets it was unable to prevent their deployment through industrial sabotage by terrorists during the conduct of corporate operations.

In addition I am glad to announce the complete rescue of all Home Guard soldiers captured by Provist terrorists during the operation. The lives of soldiers and police always matter and I am glad we were able to convey them safely back to their families and loved ones after such a harrowing ordeal.

No citizens of Kaalakiota Corporation were harmed during the conduct of corporate operations.”

While the announcement was widely shared and praised within Kaalakiota social media circles the events in Kehjari have been condemned by groups within the Federation.

Pierre Lancouselle of the All-Worker Freedom and Liberation Movement had this to say about the events in Kehjari:

“Once again Kaalakiota shows its barbarity and callousness for the lives and rights of the common worker. What happened in Kehjari was a crime of calculated brutality and shows why we must always stand with the Caldari worker in solidarity against their corporate oppressors.”

3 Likes

Terrorist attack in Placid

See and Hear, Caille, Luminaire 21/8/YC124

In the “In other news” section of some Gallente newsreels are the report of a small terrorist attack on a shopping mall inside one of the Gallente space stations in Placid. We are happy to report this here to you, our devoted readers!

So far no organization has claimed responsibility for the act where 26 civilians and 14 terrorists were killed and and an additional 463 civilians were injured, requiring hospitalization.

Reports from the station suggest that some internal systems were deliberately sabotaged, allowing the perpetrators to infiltrate the mall without detection. If not for the skill and valiant efforts of local station security forces and engineers it is feared the death toll would have been significantly higher. The talented engineers were successful in getting the backup systems online despite the implanted system virus, activating the emergency segmentation of the affected areas of the station. trapping the attackers in the mall where they could quickly be dealt with by the station’s quick response security force.

Reported among the casualties was the local upstanding hardliner Patriot-libertarian politician Pheliex d’Coutac who had recently announced his intent to run for the Federal Senate in the upcoming elections following the recent heavy Federation defeats in the Gallente-Caldari CEMWPA warzone and the hopeless situation in the Serthoulde constellation with the lack of Federation progress in the prioritized area.

d’Coutac was known locally as having long spoken out to the lack of decisive action from Vilore to the plight of those federal citizens caught in the CEMWPA conflict. A retired rear admiral of the Federation navy, d’Coutac had spent his entire life serving the people of the Federation and upholding its highest values. He leaves behind a wife, three children and countless friends and supporters.

Without any organization speaking up and claiming responsibility for the tragic deed, speculations have surfaced on who might be behind the attack. Some sources claim militant Inkati separatists, other sources claim a local political extremist group having sought to eliminate d’Coutac but botched the operation. Another theory which was quickly presented was that it was carried by the notorious terrorist organization Equilibrium of Mankind, Local defence spokespersons have been quick to disprove this theory, which seems to have had the opposite effect.
Perhaps the most absurd theory of them all is the one that it was a PR stunt gone wrong orchestrated by the controversial religious group “The Amarrian Orthodox Church, Sedevacantist”, The Sedevacantists being founded by the mysterious Nauplius, A zealous Khanid capsuleer commoner with a history of ignoring the costs of human life and suffering in achieving his questionable goals.

The entire theory of the Sedevacantist involvement seem to revolve around several eyewitness accounts of the presence and valiant deeds by a cosplayer dressed up as the main character ‘Chastity’ from the recently released Sedevacantist produced propaganda holoreels ‘The True Emperor’ and ‘The Scent of Faith’.

The reports on the valiant deeds demonstrated by the unknown cosplayer include running into the line of fire to protect a small class of school children caught in a crossfire and leading them to safety. Another eyewitness told of the brave young woman fireman carrying another, injured ‘Chastity’ cosplayer and her child in to one of the mall panic rooms, all meanwhile hip firing an automatic battle-rifle-assault-carbine she had picked up form the terrorists, Mag-clip dumping on full auto semi fire. One eyewitness we spoke to says she thought she saw the cosplayer even deflect a round with her hips. That eyewitness still is recovering from the ordeal at hospital but says she wishes to seek out the Sedevacantist Church to find understanding of what she saw once she has recovered.

The spokesperson for the local authorities, “Jasmine Tlinne” wishes to say that she and the authorities hold the dead and their families and loved ones in their mind, offering their condolences and thoughts and says that no matter who is behind this, Justice shall find them and the shining beacon of liberty shall not falter.

Miss Tlinne, on behalf of the local authorities, wishes to extend their appreciation commendations to the heroic courage and valiant skills of the engineers, medical personnel and security forces that stopped the terrorist deed and saved many peoples lives.

Both local authorities and our reporters have tried to find the heroine cosplayer to reward her gallantry and bring the people their hero, however, so far the woman has not been found.

Freelancer article by Gwenifer Descoteaux
Jorianna Gallaire Director See and Hear, Capsuleer Affairs Correspondent

Advertise
The three best wines in Caille

5 Likes

News outlets stationed in Curse have recently published a news story about a sudden and deadly attack on what had begun to become a prominent party mansion, located on the planet of ZZ-ZWC III. While at first glance this would seem to be a typical tale of Cartel gang violence, a closer look at the article would raise some questions…

ZZ-ZWC III - Mansion Party Massacre

The mansion shown above, purchased by a Victoria Drugal roughly 7 months ago, has been rising in popularity as a party destination due to her reputation of throwing extremely lavish events. Often providing adult entertainment and party drugs on the house, Victoria has continued making a name for herself in her ever more exclusive gatherings… That is, until last night’s events.

Victoria’s mansion was the site of a sudden outbreak of bloodshed during her latest exclusive party. Live music was interrupted by sniper fire as the guests were first gunned down at range, then advanced upon when assailants entered the building with small armaments. Victoria Drugal’s life was unfortunately claimed in this tragic attack, along with 31 guests and 4 of her slaves. As a baseliner with no established backup network, this will be the last party she’ll get to host.

“One moment, we were enjoying the music, the food, the drugs, the escorts… The next the windows were shattered and we were running for our lives.”
– Anonymous Guest

“There are a lot of slaves missing, which we believe were taken, but this was more than a robbery. It wasn’t some average hit organized by a rival either, using a few street guns. This was a planned massacre utilizing military weaponry, with the intention of killing as many people on the ground as possible. They fired from range, then immediately moved in on anyone still trapped inside. This was executed skillfully with a swift extraction. Something bigger is at play here.”
– Lead Detective on the scene

“I think it was an assassination. Vic was the first downed. They waited for her to make an easy target of herself by the window. But the rest of it… I don’t know… It wasn’t a scare tactic or a reactionary punch. We received zero prior warnings, and Vic wasn’t involved in any organized crime this attack would serve as threat towards. She was a one woman business, training slaves and offering lavish events to her guests. If I had to guess, this felt like hatred, or revenge, against her and every other guest at the venue… However I have no idea who would have done it.”
– Head of Security at Victoria’s mansion

It is unknown what triggered such a violent and unexpected act, as there has not yet been a claim of responsibility made by any parties. Furthermore, Victoria was in the favor of the Dominations, whom have denounced the bloodshed as brutal and unwarranted. So, signs point towards a non-cartel party as a culprit, but if this was fueled by a rival of the Cartel as a whole, they almost certainly could have hit elsewhere with more impact. The assailants are still yet to be identified but investigation is ongoing. All that is currently known is the assaulting force had military training and were well equipped to carry out the hit.

Rest in Peace

Anyone could have reasonably heard of this article who has Cartel interest or ties, and/or even just an interest in their news networks.

8 Likes

An article published in Original Works Netzine

Ascent: A Rough Rocket Ride That Does Not Try To Escape the Gravity of Reality
by Noa Joha
Ascent finally officially premiered in Foundation City on the 18th, “finally” because of the enduring difficulties of imports into Origin, and “officially” because one bootleg version managed to spread through Origin’s colonies regardless of those difficulties. Despite the bootleg’s circulation, it did not stop Coordinator Biko (his post-premiere interview is embedded below this article) from ensuring the official Impetus release could be seen in Origin’s theaters. In the first days since it premiered it has become the most watched holo this year, and it is likely that it would have rivaled previous records if Origin still had pre-sacking population numbers, although certainly the post-sacking living conditions made people more hungry for entertainment.

The action holo is based on a true story, and is seen by many as sort of an Origin Story of the capsuleer known as Trii Seo. It centers around delinquent teen girl Paige (Maret Takala) and her “ascent”, her desire and attempts to escape her exile on Starkman Prime. This desire is very understandable. Her life is not one to envy, but at the start of the holo, there is little that would make you sympathetic towards the rude little criminal… until the scene of Paige’s Voluval, which in my opinion is one of Ascent’s best scenes, yet underrated and why I will spend a whole paragraph on it. Maybe even two.

Shots of Singing Staffs, chanting people and fire in the darkness are intermixed with shots of Paige’s eyes, and the eyes of others. The eyes of the others often show disapproval, the eyes of Paige respond with defiance, mocking, arrogance.
The scene cuts to an overview shot, Paige walking naked to the Spirit Conductor, standing inside a circle of people, dimly lit in flickering light. An intermixed couple of shots showing Paige’s and the Conductor’s eyes (who responds to Paige’s feigned confidence with only a slight raise of his eyebrows) continue the pattern as she stands in front of the conductor, then kneels down.
A quick cut to a close-up of a syringe plunging into Paige’s bare chest, quickly followed by a shot of her widening eyes as she lets out a whimper. Then another quick cut to a close-up of another injection into the base of the spine, again followed by by a shot of Paige’s eyes, quickly closing as a tear nearly escapes her eye, accompanied by a pained moan. This shot continues unexpectedly long, in sharp contrast to the quick cuts before this moment.
After a few breaths we hear Paige swallow and she opens her eyes as the shot pulls away to show her entire face. Paige opens her mouth to speak, but we barely hear her make a sound before the shot abruptly cuts to an overview shot, Paige hidden by the Spirit Conductor standing in front of her, as the only sounds we hear are a few, barely recognizable notes of the song Rewriting Tomorrow. Then a quick cut to Paige standing in the circle, covered by a black mantle, accompanied with a drumming heartbeat.
A few beats later and it cuts to the mantle being removed, quickly followed by more short shots of eyes, looking, searching, Paige’s eyes among them. A short sharp breath echoes as the shot lingers on her eyes, widened, in shock. As the shot gradually pulls away from her eyes, they turn on her onlookers, and the holocam turns in the same direction, moving behind Paige. We see the onlookers closing their eyes, some turning their heads. Paige covers her body (and supposedly her mark) with her hands, as if only now she is feeling naked. After the camera has pulled back enough to show the entire circle in the frame again, the circle abruptly vanishes in the dark. It takes a few moments more for Paige to fade into darkness, and one more before the scene ends with a hushed whimper.

This scene lasts not much longer than the clip of it in the trailers (about 1 1/4 minute) but it need not be a second longer and I could talk about it for quite a while. For me this is one of Sault’s best, and I’d like to see him do more like this.
The scene is short and genius simplistic, yet leaves an impression on you for most of the film, even if you may not be aware of it until later, perhaps even only after the second viewing. To avoid spoilers, I will not go into too much detail, but I think at least non-Gallente may enjoy the meta layers of this scene, and perhaps Gallente may like it even more than I do.
It is a bit of a contrast with most of Ascent: the editing, the meta layers and symbolism, realism dialed back for a more dreamlike atmosphere (note how the overview shots show no fire, only the flickering light coming from nowhere). It makes me want to see a whole film like this from Sault.
Anyway, after this scene, you will look at Paige with different eyes, allowing you to more easily sympathize with her.

The rest of the movie is more like Sault’s usual work: long, top notch, single take action scenes, vicious violence, gore and screaming (especially Paige’s screaming), but it will still mess with your expectations.
The action scenes are thrilling and will leave your eyes glued to the screen and you butt on the edge of your seat, yet they never become so over the top that it contrasts with the rest of the realistic plot and style.
The plot is fairly straightforward, and perhaps a result of being based on a true story, yet it may still surprise near the end. Wether those are pleasant surprises will depend on the individual viewer.

Takala’s acting is good, albeit a bit monotonous. How much of this is because of her range, or due to the script and directing I can not tell. She can say a lot with her eyes, but sadly they mostly say “scared!” and “pain!”
Peter Roy plays Paige’s love interest/action hero Thomas Voight, and the few scenes where they are alone together offer a respite from the struggles in the rest of the holo (at least at first glance), in part due to their chemistry, and also because it allows Takala to show a bit more of her range. Roy tweaks his usual acting style in a way that suits the movie well.
Adel Freir plays Rocket, a sympathetic leader of a sympathetic team that almost seems to clash with Starkman Prime’s depiction in this movie. Freir shines in one of the most brutal fight scenes in this holo, but most of his acting throughout the movie almost makes it feel like he is only a support character level actor, although this might also be because most of the support actors are quite good and act in a way that supports the holo’s realistic, no nonsense style.

Effects are top-notch and not distracting too much attention. Starkman Prime is brought to life, it is almost a character in itself. The soundtrack compliments the holo quite well, and very subtly at times.
AI and Gallente may find the movie a bit bland, although the Gallente will still find the action entertaining. Matari will find any concerns that previously surrounded this holo to be mostly unwarranted, with the Voluval scene being short, to the point, and respectful (among other things!) Amarr and Caldari opinions will likely vary.
The holo is rated 18+[Extreme Graphic Violence] for non-AI.

Post-premiere interview with Coordinator Ché Biko

Female voice: “Mister Biko! Over here, please!

Ché looks over his shoulder, then says something to a short dark-haired woman. As Ché turns to towards the camera, the face of the woman can be seen. She appears to be in her 30’s and has a few dreads in her hair, complementing her Intaki/Matari punk look. She scowls at the holocam before Ché blocks the view on her as he approaches the reporter.

Mister Biko, What is you first impression of Ascent?"

Ché looks like the question came out of left field, and takes his time coming up with an answer. " … Uhm… it is… simultaneously what I expected and not what I expected."

Could you eleborate?

… Well… I did not expect how the movie would end before it started, but I did see the end coming quite soon. Not that it… detracted at all from my experience. After all, sometimes… fearing a certain outcome that you think is likely to happen and hoping for the best can be part of enjoying a work of… fiction.

Heh. Interesting choice of words there, considering it is supposedly based on a true story. … You seem quite… touched? By the holo?

Ché nods. “…Yes. I suppose you could say that. I’m still processing it all.

You’ve put some effort in bringing this movie to Origin’s populace. What motivated you to do this?

Well, life has not been easy here in the last few years. People need quality entertainment… and I personally was really interested in seeing this holo, but I am not one to pirate them.

I see. And why your… personal interest in this particular movie?

Ché looks over his shoulder to the short dark-haired woman for a moment, then returns his attention to the reporter for a while, thinking and shrugging his shoulders. “The… I don’t know. I liked the trailers.

… Have you ever met the real Paige?

Ché nods. “I have, actually.

Oh! So how familiar were you with the events in this holo?

Ché smiles faintly. “Oh… not at all, really.

I see. So you are not close with Trii Seo?

Ché shakes his head thoughtfully. “No… not… like that.

Not like that?! Ok… So how close are you two?

Ché looks at the reporter for a moment as a slight smile forms on his lips, he then turns his head to look at the short dark-haired woman behind him for a moment, then glances at the camera. “Uhm… we… we sometimes encounter each other at… social gatherings.

Oh!.. she was at your birthday party in Club Inferno some years ago, right?

Ché nods. “Right.

So does Takala act like the real Paige?

Ché thinks for a bit as he nods. “… Well, I’ve never seen her… scared, in distress, I think… But I must say that I did see Paige often. In Maret, I mean.

So you would say that Seo is portrayed accurately in this movie?

Ché tilts his head side to side thoughtfully as a frown forms on his face. “…Well, I guess? I mean, she did… provide input, no?

You seem to have doubts. Why?

Che shakes his head, seemingly a little frustrated. “No. No. Listen, uhm… I love Maret, her acting. I would love to meet her. I’m sure she… did a great job with the script and all. I mean, I can totally see why Thomas would fall for her, you know? It’s just… Paige isn’t all bad, you know? Not that she is portrayed that way but… I owe her. The real Paige. She kept me out of trouble a while back and I don’t want to speak ill of her, and… I love her too, and… she’s just a… person." He gestures at his chest "We’ve done bad things I regret too, you know?

…So you are saying she regrets what she did?

Ché raises his hands and shakes his head. “…I don’t know. That’s for her to say. But don’t we all have regrets?

It kind of sounds like you’ve fallen for Paige.

Ché smiles slightly. “…Which one?

You tell me. Both?

Ché scratches behind his ear for a moment, then smirks slightly. “…Maybe?

I see. What are your feelings about the photos taken of Trii Seo and Peter Roy at Matigu?

Ché smirks and shakes his head as he scoffs softly. “…It’s nothing I haven’t see- It-it’s… nothing that affects me either way. I hope she’s happy. I hope they are happy.

I see… No hard feelings, then?

Ché chuckles, then bites his lip as he shakes his head. “Hard?” He chuckles for a bit, shaking his head now and then. He takes a swig of his beer “Eh… That depends on what you mean by-” He chuckles some more. “Aaahah. Nevermind. No! No hard feelings! 't’s All good!” he smiles.

… There have been rumors that Maret Takala would come to the premiere. …I haven’t seen her around. Was there any truth to these rumors?

Ché nods a little. “It was… something we looked into, but ultimately decided against, mostly for security related reasons.

What about the real Paige? Was she invited?

Ché shakes his head. “No.

Anything else you’d like to add?

Ché thinks for a while as he drinks some more beer, then shakes his head. “…No. As you said, I am still processing it and… you asked my first impression and you have it. …Oh! I did like the soundtrack a lot. I think… Rewriting Tomorrow will be in my head for a while. And I also liked how… Rocket Ride played in the background softly during one of Paige’s and Thomas’ chats. Very subtle but a nice addition… with a bit of meta.

Ok, thank you, and enjoy the rest of the night.

Ché bows his head with a slight smile. “You’re welcome. You too!

Reactions:

• So when are we gonna make a movie about Riordan’s Origin?

• I like endings like this. 10/10, would watch again. Not the usual Echelon crap.

• Riordan? After seeing this movie, I do not see how any logical entity could not see her as a possible threat. If humans betray each other that easily, what is to stop Riordan from betraying AI?

• As a Khanid, it has been interesting to see a few bits of Minmatar rituals. Is it possible for non-Minmatar to visit one of these voluval rituals? Sede Vacante!

• too bad Maret Takela could not come here. would have loved to meet her

• LOL ANyone eles find it funny that the state has a 17+ rating for violence drug use and nudity and we have 18+ for just the violence??? LOMAO wishing I was ai!!!

• JUst kidding, I al;ready watched the bootleg :stuck_out_tongue: Maret is as hot as a that stuff scaldng her face!!! :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

• It’s Takala, not Takela.

• I was at that party in Club Inferno! I saw Trii Seo wearing cargo pants with only a transparent plastic jacket with neon light strips for top. She was dancing on the bar with Saccade Amir in a trashbag and Ria Nieyli. I took a picture, but I lost it. Gods, I miss Club Inferno! Why did you have to move it out to Yashunen, Mr. Biko?!

• me too!!! i saw Saccade flying around hanging from a lighting drone and Aria Jenneth was dancing with a naked catgirl!!!

• support character level actor my ass!!1 Adel was great!!!

• I saw that catgirl Ameriya making out with Seo #Club_Inferno

• Eric Sault!! :heart: :heart::heart::heart: #Ascent

3 Likes

“Kessie the Kestrel” Cancelled after 11 year run.

NOH announced today the cancellation of long running children’s entertainment holo Kessie the KestreI, citing lowering viewer counts. The show, which ran for ten seasons with two full length holos and several tie-ins in other forms of media, enjoyed massive success in the State, as well as limited runs in the Federation and Republic. But ratings had begun to decline after the 7th season, dropping behind other NOH properties.

“The viewership just isn’t there anymore. Kessie means a lot to many of us here.” said Retsumi Arirgen, director of Children’s entertainment at Himotu Tanone, an NOH subsidiary dedicated to children’s programming. “She’s really touched the hearts of children everywhere, not just in the State. We definitely hope to see her come back in some form in the future. But for now, she’s just competing with our other properties and losing.”

A planned third holo, Kessie and Manny the Malediction, was indefinitely delayed due to the controversy surrounding the newly introduced Manny character. Manny, a Malediction-class interceptor manufactured by Khanid Innovations, was introduced by showrunner Kyllisko Toisaki as a character for Khanid children living in the State, a significant population, to look up to. The character was featured in several episodes of the ninth season as a tertiary character, saving Kessie from certain death at the hands of long-time series antagonist Triss the Tristan in the climax of the third episode.

Caldari parents groups raised alarms that the character may draw Caldari children away from Caldari values and toward the Khanid faith. When interviewed, Kyllisko Toisaki had this to say. “We definitely had some missteps along the way, but Manny wasn’t one of them. He’s polite and respectful about his faith. He observes it privately, and isn’t interested in proselytising to his friends. He respects them and their beliefs, and in turn they respect his.” Toisaki-Hann brought on an advisor, Puvaz Lodhazadeh, to try to represent the character as best as possible. “Puvaz helped a lot, I think. I feel that we really gave Khanid children something good to look up to, while still instilling Caldari values into them.”

The script for the planned holo, as well as several story-boarded segments, were leaked late last year. It would have seen the introduction of a new villain, Caitlin the Cruor, with whom Kessie and Manny would have clashed. The script drew ire due to the setting, taking place largely in the region of Aridia, as well as its notably darker tone due to the antagonist being a member of the Blood Raiders. Kyllisko Toisaki denied to comment on the current status of the holo, however NOH still lists it as planned for release.

While the series may have been cancelled, the future of the franchise is certain. Two tie-in holo-games are scheduled for release by the end of this year, as well as a new line of soft toys and action figure sets.

12 Likes

Tasteful, but sensual advertisements for a new Brezia Companion Services branch office would begin showing up across the Tebu Amkhiman fortizar in Tanoo, as well as other places across the Tanoo system and local San Matar constellation, advertising a range of physical, and spiritual wellness services and other assorted activities

4 Likes

The Gallente Herald: 6 Sept YC 124

In a curious development, the notorious Amarrian corporation Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque (SFRIM), of the capsuleer alliance Khimi Harar (LUMEN), has taken the bold decision to open a brand new embassy within the heart of our Federation. In a press release disseminated to the general media earlier today, the organisation declared:

*Since its founding in YC 115, the Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque has served as a guiding light in New Eden; illuminating the way for those in search of a greater purpose so that they may one day find their place within God’s grand order of things. We steadfastly believe in the ideals of peaceful diplomatic outreach, as first promulgated by His Imperial Majesty, the late Emperor Heideran VII, in his famous work ‘Pax Amarria’. The nature of this belief and the mission it has given to us is inherently internationalist; leading us to seek cooperative interaction, in good faith, often with those most different to us. As we near the milestone of almost a decade of spreading the Good Word of God, we are thrilled to announce the Societas’ latest endeavour in our long and storied history: the grand opening of our brand new embassy deep within the heart of the Gallente Federation.

Located on the fifth floor of the Aidonis Elabon Building within the storied city of Caille, Luminaire, the Societas embassy represents an exciting expansion of the corporation’s activities in a nation famed for its openness to cultural discourse. Within the welcoming interior of the embassy, visitors will find the brand new ‘Aeterna Lucear’ museum; an enlightening space designed to highlight to outsiders Holy Amarr’s beauty and rich history. A centerpiece of the museum is an iconic piece of statuary: the Throne of the Empire, occupied by the Empress Catiz I. The embassy furthermore hosts several conference and guest rooms to aid in the Societas’ ongoing operations within the region. An open house will be held the evening of September 9th, YC 124.

In addition to the official press release, Directrix of the Societas and Executrix of Khimi Harar, Mrs Lunarisse Phonaga, stated:

“We are all exceedingly excited to be able to spread the Good Word of God to the peoples of the Federation. I strongly encourage all of those whom feel that their lives are missing some sort of higher meaning or purpose to seek us out. We would love to meet you.”

The news of the Societas’ latest move comes fresh off the heels of fervent speculation in some corners of Gallente space about the organisation’s intentions, as increased logistical activity directed towards the Federation had been observed originating from its Girani-Fa facility, Novae Prismatica. Furthermore, shortly before the unusual logistical activity was observed, Societas junior diplomat Amicia Cora had been spotted within Caille engaging in what appeared to be a meeting with a prominent Gallente lawyer, which would now appear to have been a prelude to current events. Slightly more dubious media outlets have reported that the Amarrian also met with Electus Matari junior diplomat Emilia Dallocort shortly prior to the announcement, which has prompted some degree of speculation about the involvement of either Electus Matari or Miss Dallocort personally in these latest developments. The Gallente Herald, however, is skeptical about the accuracy of such suggestions - though that will likely not abate the imaginations of the Galnet rumor mill.

9 Likes

Nasreri VII - Moon 4 - Amarr Trade Registry Bureau Offices

Hi, Korho.

Hello, my dear Avi. How was your day?

It was good. No problems at all. But I still appreciate you picking me up from work.

No problem, dear.

How was your day?

Pretty uneventful. I mostly just did some housekeeping and played some Torigi with a few of the other gardeners.

Hm. I take it you didn’t work again today?

I did not. Miss Yubari stayed inside the garden today as well.

… Did you check the contract?

That I did. But I am afraid I could not find anything in there to assuage your concern. It does not address this particular situation. But I would not worry. I doubt it will be a problem.

I know you wouldn’t, Korho, but I will. If us keeping our home on that ship depends on you working seven hours a week, and you have not worked in… how long has she been in there now? Nine days?

Ten. But even if this situation is not addressed in the contract, I doubt any judge would rule in favor of employers who bar their employees from entering the workplace.

I’m not so sure. The law tends to warp around capsuleers.

Really, Avi, if she wanted to evict us, she would have done it by now. I know you distrust capsuleers, but she does not strike me as someone who would do something like that.

1 Like

Eugales Development Authority Market Notice
Listing of multiple billions of isk worth of ships, materials, and equipment listed to Eugales system public station markets, courtest of Eugales Development Authority service providers at competetive pricing.

Construction Block Buy Order Open For 400.000 units of Construction Blocks, valuation 3.01b isk, Intended Endpoint Further Expansion of Eugales VI Orbital Ring Project

1 Like

Gossip Fiend

By The Fiend

5.OCT.YC124

Here’s some juicy gossip out of Kor-Azor for my fellow gossip fiends. It seems the young Heiress Kahvali Kahoudi has gotten into some hot water at the Mahlouzin spas when a naked Khanid paramour was seen falling out of the windows of her second story apartments!

Defenestration!

It seems the fall didn’t harm our erstwhile lover, for even though he fell from between the sheets of the Heiress Kahoudi he got right back into the saddle of a waiting cyber-goat chased by a squadron of House Kahoudi guards!

The horny old goat!

Our dashing Khanid inamorato scandalized onlookers and no doubt brought a blush to the cheeks of passing ladies as the unclad cavalier left little to the imagination as cyber-goat and rider took to the rooftops to avoid the villanous Kahoudi guards!

Birthday suit parkour!

House Kahoudi was left with little to show for their chase of the scantily-clad goat-rider as a passing dropship appears to have extracted the brave fellow from their vile clutches!

Escape and evasion!

Who was this mystery Khanid beau you might ask? We can reveal it was none other than the Sarumite capsuleer and plenipotentiary representative of the Tadrokh Barony, Major Zubzedai Zadkorzad!

Must Sarum always show off their Marshal’s rod?

The head of House Kahoudi, Holder Pava Kahoudi is said to be livid over his chosen Heiress’ escapades with rumours that her engagement to the Heir of House Varhalud is now on shaky ground! Holder Kahoudi is believed to have now filed a formal complaint to the Sarum Family Council over the actions of the Tadrokh Barony and its representative.

Will love bloom with the bush already plucked the Kahoudi rose? Find out with the latest updates!

8 Likes

The Gallente Herald: 9 Oct YC 124

Recent international developments continue to concern citizens across the Federation, as peace demonstrations in major systems and cities persist despite calls from authorities for calm. In Caille, several thousand demonstrators rallied outside of the Aidonis Elabon Building for three successive days to protest the most recent imperialist actions of the Amarr Empire. As reported by the Herald last month, the notorious Amarrian capsuleer corporation ‘Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaque’ recently opened its so-called Federation ‘embassy’ within the building; a move the organisation claimed would help to facilitate peaceful outreach and the spreading of ‘the Good Word of God’. Instead, the organisation’s presence has, not surprisingly, served as a focal point for Federal citizens looking to voice their justifiable anger at the Empire’s irresponsible actions as of late.

Herald political reporter Elias Samson took to the scene of the demonstrations, speaking with protestors that had blockaded the building’s entrance and refused passage in or out by anybody suspected of being a Societas employee. ”Peace and this so-called ‘Reclaiming’ are fundamentally incompatible concepts. How can any Amarrian organisation expect us to take this nonsense excuse for colonialism and enslavement seriously while their nation constantly threatens the safety of the entire cluster?” said one protestor, before another added “All Amarrian citizens should rise up and have Catiz tried for war crimes. If this ‘Society’ wants to do something to help people, they could start there”. Other demonstrators were considerably more hostile with their choice of words, ultimately reflecting sentiments expressed across the Federation and the wider international community.

The Societas, for its part, has only reiterated that it is “committed to the peaceful and productive spreading of the Good Word to those that would hear it.” in a general statement released yesterday, October 8th. Requests for elaboration, or better yet, condemnation of the Empire’s recent actions, have not been responded to.

8 Likes