Rupture - Tech 1 PvE (Level 2 Security Missions)

• A fitting for the Rupture to be used for level 2 security missions

• This fitting is meant for Alpha players and can include only Tech 1 items.

• The cost of the fitting should be kept in mind as this is for newer players.

Please provide any tips you have for how the fit should be flown or what modules may need to be switched to improve the tank against specific NPC types.

here is how I would fit it. I don’t have an alpha toon, so maybe the pwr is too tight :

click here to expand
[Rupture, Passive pve]
Counterbalanced Compact Gyrostabilizer
Mark I Compact Power Diagnostic System
Type-D Restrained Shield Power Relay

10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I
Optical Compact Tracking Computer

720mm Carbine Howitzer I
720mm Carbine Howitzer I
720mm Carbine Howitzer I
720mm Carbine Howitzer I
Experimental SV-2000 Rapid Light Missile Launcher

Medium Ancillary Current Router I
Medium Core Defense Field Purger I
Medium Core Defense Field Purger I

Warrior I x6

Optimal Range Script x1
Nova Light Missile x19
Fusion M x80

there are basically two gun systems : the artillery (720mm), and the rapid + drone. artillery is long range and should be used against big targets(cruisers and more), while drones and rapid should be used against small targets (frigates and destroyers)

in that case the fit is made to fight angel/minmatar ennemies (nova, fusion and warriors)

Passive fits are easier to use because they don’t need to manage several modules. However they are also easier to break. This one is more of the range tank kind, because artillery eats your pwr.

If you have enough pwr, replace the ancillary rig by another purger for additional safety.

Approach strategy : you should keep at range your target. the distance to KaR should be the average between your optimal and your falloff. your AB should only be used to replace yourself, eg if the targets are too close or too far - or to travel.
Once the bigger ships are down, if your drones and rapid have not dealt with the small fries, you can shoot them if they are far enough. remember to keep them at range, NOT orbit, because orbiting will screw your already miserable tracking.

[Rupture, Rupture Ms2]
Fourier Compact Tracking Enhancer
Mark I Compact Power Diagnostic System

Phased Scoped Target Painter
Medium C5-L Emergency Shield Overload I
10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Shield Boost Amplifier I

720mm Carbine Howitzer I
720mm Carbine Howitzer I
720mm Carbine Howitzer I
720mm Carbine Howitzer I
Experimental SV-2000 Rapid Light Missile Launcher

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hornet I x4
Vespa I x1

Scourge Light Missile x2000
Depleted Uranium M x5000
Fusion M x5000

Whilst not the strongest mission runner in terms of tank or DPS, the Rupture is pretty versatile due to its slot lay out and respectable drone bay. This comes in pretty handy when you are going to be facing a wide range of targets in a variety of situations like mission running.

Keep your targets at a range of 20-30km. Your missile launcher and drones will deal with small targets effectively whilst your guns take out cruisers (it can be quite satisfying to see your 720’s taking out chunks of hit points with each volley). Alternatively, loading Depleted Uranium or Titanium Sabot ammo can help your guns take out smaller targets at 30-50km. On a final note, it is not advised to orbit targets when using slow guns like artillery, so try to ‘keep at range’ where possible.

Just like my Caracal fit here is the Rupture version

[Rupture, [Et1-Class] PvE 4 Alphas]

Damage Control I

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I
Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Cap Booster 150
Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Cap Booster 150

650mm Medium ‘Scout’ Artillery I, Fusion M
Experimental SV-2000 Rapid Light Missile Launcher, Nova Light Missile

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

Hammerhead I x1
Hobgoblin I x4

Cap Booster 150 x70
Nova Light Missile x500
Fusion M x1500

Select ammo type for the mission. Ensure you have a cargo hold full of CB150’s. Try to engage at about 20km so your tracking isn’t terrible.

This fit is designed to teach new players how using dual ASB’s works. You must pulse your ASB between reloads in order to maintain tank. The tank is fairly heavy so it won’t be a problem unless mismanaged but that’s the point of the fit. To teach.