Second screen extension for in game windows

Dear CCP, I have the burden of 4 screens that I use daily. Crypto, emails, work and personal viewing.

In the eve desktop client would it be possible to decouple the in game windows like dscan, map, targets, the window with all the info in… To be move to other monitors.

This would allow me to have just the tac view on the main screen and then the other screens except the personal viewing one for all the eve in game windows.

Please add this to your “may consider this” one day file.

Thanks for your time

As. O7

2 Likes

why is this under eve portal??

almost seems like this would be better off in player feature and ideas, not the thread for the phone app.

@Jian_Mira @ZY123

I’m not an expert on such matters, but I seriously doubt that CCP will make it so that in game windows can be moved outside of the client. However, all is not lost, because there is way to move stuff to other monitors.

Cast thine eyes upon the glory of the Eve client spanning two monitors!!!

• Anyway, you’ll want to set up Surround or Eyefinity depending on if you have an nVidia or AMD card respectively (you can also find tutorial videos on Youtube). This will make your graphics card treat multiple monitors like a single display.
  • Then you need to make the Eve client span both displays. Unfortunately, I had issues when trying to set the client in Fullscreen mode (it kept trying to set the resolution to 3840x2160). However, I like using fixed window anyway, and that worked just fine. So, set the client to fixed window mode, and then select the resolution of your combined display. The client should automatically see it, and put it at the bottom.
  • After that, you’ll probably want to center the camera so that your ship is centered on one of your monitors, versus in between both monitors. You can find that setting right under the window and resolution settings.

Anyway, I don’t know if there is a way to set up display profiles in order to make it easier to switch back and forth from a Surround/Eyefinity setup. However, setting it up is real easy and quick (well, at least it is for nVidia surround).

Oh, and just in case anyone needs to manually set their resolution via config files, check out this link. Like I said, I didn’t have any problems with the client detecting my resolution, but it might be a different story for macs, linux, and/or AMD cards…

Also, seems like a shame that you’re using 2 or more monitors for 1 client. Are you sure you don’t want to come to the darkside and start multiboxing?
No P2W

1 Like