See you all in New Eden

I’m sensing entitled butt-hurt emanating from the OP.

Maybe @ISD_Dorrim_Barstorlode can move it to OOPE so it can rot with all the other whiny quit threads.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

Come on dude. You are better than that.

Better than what?

Better than calling out oversensitive snowflakes begging for validation on an internet spaceship forum?

I’m not going to tell you that I always follow my own advice, because I don’t. I do sometimes get heated, and can be a dick to people -especially bitter vets. But I try to be tactful and understanding. And I try not to let what other people say get to me. For one, it’s really not worth getting upset about it. Two, people getting fired up and being a dick to me is the exact same thing that I sometimes do to other people, and three, I have on more than one occasion ended up becoming friends with someone after we put aside our differences (both in real life, and on the forums). For example, my first interaction with Solecist_Project involved him popping into one of my threads to insinuate that I was too stupid to play Eve. And now, we’re friends.

It’s not worth it, being angry and fighting with people -even if they are being dicks to you. In fact, sometimes people will intentionally say things to try to get a rise out of you. So, why give them the satisfaction? And for that matter, why worry about what other people are, or aren’t, getting away with? I’m going to focus on cleaning up my side of the street. And, if other people are dicks to me and/or violate forum rules, I’m not going to worry about. It’s not my job. Let the ISD’s deal with.
No P2W

And I really am going to try to do better. Guess we’ll see how that goes.

3 Likes

Whoa, when did Epeen become so red-pilled and counter-woke? If he starts showing any more 'tude than that, I might have to start calling him daddy again. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yes, @Gerard_Amatin is such a troll.

GO BACK UNDER YOUR BRIDGE, YOU MEANIE!

1 Like

Thanks for skipping right over the other 4 names. Shows your colors.

I see you’re not in the mood for lighthearted jokes.

I guess I’m showing my colors indeed, cause I’m feeling blue.

Sorry if that was truly a joke, but no, definitely not in the mood.

So anyway this :radioactive: :ox: :poop: right here is why I not longer subscribe and give them money for omega. The forum is part of the service and the service is :poop:

So stop being the fly and cut ties with it instead of continuing to bath in it.

You made a terrible thread for the sole purpose of using as a trolling sledgehammer in the future by referring to it during arguments, after you and your pals were done grab-assing each other by copy-pasting the same list of “trustable forum citizens” a bunch of times with your own name taken out (for credibility of course, except for the one person who’s in the habit of nominating themselves).

It was the most legitimate and deserved thread closure I’ve ever seen on these forums. Stop acting like a victim, and make an actually good thread next time that doesn’t seek to disenfranchise people you dislike and/or disagree with via underhanded means. For example, you could’ve made a thread about the psychology of trustworthiness in order to collect and teach to people various behavior and language cues that could act as tells for when someone’s trying to mislead them. I don’t think that’s ever been done before, or at least in recent history.

1 Like

I saw that thread and knew it was a bad idea. It was inevitable that two (or more) sides would form with different ideas of who the trolls are and who the ‘good guys’ are. E.g. One of the people you said was ‘trusted’ is a frequent offender of mud slinging and, i believe, has been banned for such.

It was never going to work as a thread. It was ad hominem in nature and only going to lead to more conflict with both sides pretending to be holier than thou whilst sniping remarks at one another.

Really the only people qualified to say who should be listened to and who needs to be silenced are the ISD’s and CCP. And that’s it. And if you find yourself getting silenced or banned it’s a sign for you to change tactics or take an (involuntary) break.

Beyond that, let peoples posts speak for themselves. New forum users don’t need us (especially us) telling them who they should or shouldn’t listen to.

4 Likes

Sir, you can’t let a few fools and jerks ruin your gaming. If you like to play EVE play it and don’t let this forum get to you, it isn’t important at all and the jerks in here are even less important.
:heart::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Please, show in he dool where ISD Golem touched you.

Also, pointing out that you stay as alpha is just lame. Don’t start that kind of whine if you are not ready to give us a proper rage quit.

1 Like

Arriving at conclusions takes time and evidence.

This latest round has taught me this forum is unsalvageable, by design and institution.

This is part of my enjoyment of the game, therefore, it is important. As I learn things, and find what I view as issues, I like to read what other people think, and post what I think, and exchange ideas. But getting flamed just for speaking, with ISD approval and perhaps even support and their own ALTs ruins that.

Anyway, how do you rectify the closure of a personally trusted member list thread with the existence of an old generally favorite members thread? To me, it simply doesn’t wash.

So if I say you are a great guy and I trust you, you think I just said everyone else is :poop: ?

Glad we got Minority Report on the case. FFS That’s all over the place on this forum. My thread was easy to control. The rules of it were dead clear. No list or anything beyond a list? Delete the post as off topic. Simple.

By my estimation they are the LAST people to trust.

So you think if I give you a list of people I trust, I am ordering you to trust them as well?

I don’t understand you. Life must be hard for you as people give you their opinions, and you feel you have been ordered to conform.

You should stop with your mind reading attempts. Most people suck at it, but you especially.

Also, renewing your BS and unfounded accusations of malicious intent by me is really irresponsible after we have just started to have some calm exchanges.

I would say that you don’t know the first thing about me, but the truth is you just want more flame war. Stew in the fact you aren’t getting it from me.

You made a terrible thread for the sole purpose of using as a trolling sledgehammer

Okay. I am not sure what you mean. The thread would sledgehammer trolls yes. Was that wrong?

Look guys, I will tell you what happened:

The griefers could not post a credible list that would mesh with their forum activity. That was the other prong of the point, though I didn’t say it. Most of you here could not feel it, but the griefers did, and I mean all of them, top to bottom. They knew there was no way in hell they could post a credible list. That thread was pure Kryponite to evil Superman. And yet it was fair and even-handed.