[Service] [Dead] Code against Ganking - Closed 05/12/22 - Step by Step to a safer Highsec

Welcome on the Thread about my upcomming project!

What is Code Against Ganking?

CaG is a service that always provides your ingame contacts with the most active and dangerous gankers. This way you can detect gankers already in the local chat / in your solar system at a glance and take cover if needed. (image below)

Current Status

The Project is right now in an public beta status. All in the Alpha appeared Bugs were fixed and i really would love to run some heavy load on my server.

WE ARE GOING INTO BETA ON 01.09.2021

More Details

Technical Nerdstuff

I am pulling from various sources (for example zkillboard via redisq, esi from characters (not public supported yet) and system statistics) all kills that happen in highsec and writes them into my database.

Based on some specific characteristics of a gank, it is decided whether it is a Gank, Wardec Kill, Suspect / Criminal Kill etc. and noted accordingly in the database.

Depending on their activity, activities, character details like sec status, age, corporation and alliance, it will generate a standing for each individual character, corporation and alliance.

My system tries to group gankers by their corporations and alliances, this way I am currently able to load up to 1800 gankers into your contact list.

Footer:

Homepage: https://cag.gangolf.space
Discord: Discord
Ingame Name: @Gangolf_Ovaert

Sounds like a scam to gather intel on other players.

3 Likes

Since there is no ESI Backend for Corporations, it will only pull you caracters local contacts.
I don’t think character standings are that important to put such an effort into.

If the overall feedback is to enhance data privacy and remove the scope esi-characters.read_contacts.v1 i can do that. But keep in mind, this way i cannot proof that your character got all contacts… I mean hey its still ESI :slight_smile:

Thats why i want to do this tests and get feedback.

Here is a screenshot of the top 10 ganker chars, you can see also how much ganks my program captured for this particular character since start of my data gathering phase 2020.

So they can greet and praise us when we enter local. I like it :+1:

You are setting us to “excellent” standing right?

2 Likes

Best Standing for the Best Pirates :smiley:

That’s what ZKill is for…

2 Likes

According to Zkill, there were 9 ganks within 24 hours… i count 170 in the last 24h.

In early 2020, I lost a bet given to a friend in the German help channel on which ship would be used the second most to gank.
I used the EVE API already severaltimes before as a source for large scale statistics and tables. So I created a google docs sheet not only about the second most used ships, but also their victims, attackers, times and locations.

After the first 1000 entries it turned out, that there is a gigantic number of ganks missing on zKillboard and about 15% of the daily attacks are directed against newbies.

https://cag.gangolf.space/about

I only checked the usual ganking systems at that point, to find this large number of missing ganks.

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish here. Your list won’t stop a single gank. The types of people that get ganked are the type that know better than to fly around with a billion ISK in the cargo hold, or not to fly around un-tanked, but they do anyway. There is no helping these people. EVE has been open-world 24/7 PVP for 18 years now, and that’s not going to change. You consented to getting your ship and pod blown up the instant you installed the game…

4 Likes

Do you use zkill on the system and does it always update as I read the other day that some zmails are missing or delayed.

You can find anything on the webpage.

Highsec ist unsafe because you cannot see a potential threads like in 0-sec or lowsec in local.

I really think this could improve quality of live for miners, transporters (using Scouts) or antigankers.

If you don’t believee me, join the free Alpha :wink:

so, this will be offered as a service? (asking for a friend)

1 Like

How about a website to trade killrights :crazy_face:

Note: only said half in jest, coz … some gankers do not link their kills on zkill. But ALL hi/losec victims get killrights.

You are absolutly right, it appreas that more and more gankers are not on zkill anymore.
https://forums.eveonline.com/t/nerf-ganking-megathread/299004/588

But there is an easy solution to that, add your corp / character to zkill OR post your losses against gankers by hand.

My code handles manual added or delayed killmails separately, to prevent false positive or false negative detections.

Can you develop a more automated system that only undocks my ship when gankers are not in local, and just immediately docks if they appear in local or a system within 6 jumps of me?

3 Likes

Someone developed already a System like that, its called gank Intel and your HANDS (don’t tell Gigx) :slight_smile:

edit. You are on place 13 with 880 Ganks

1 Like

13th?! Such disappointment…

I believe in you!

Why?
Maybe my only purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Sorry i have to tell you, i don’t believe in you. Mixed up your and Aiko Danuja’s name :sweat_smile:

As I said, this is not an elaborate attempt to get data with no value.

Currently, the entire project is built as I imagined it. I am open for any kind of feedback and hope to provide appropriate confidence this way.

If you are really concerned about read access, I will find a way to solve the problem differently.

Apologizes will be only accepted if accompanied with a fair ISK tribute to Aiko Danuja. (Just don’t forget to mix up our names again when making the transfer).

No, that is not my concern. My concern is with the abundance of neutrals in HS, each one of these can be a ganker/scout that your system don’t account for. That is the intelligence noise that is eliminated in NS but not in HS.
So, you idea is useful, just not enough for me to use.