Update: Day 38, up to 125 members. Propaganda video yielded some results already. Also added a “What we do differently from last time” section to this recruitment threat, as this question popped up.
The Bergmann Empire
… is an alliance created with a clear structure that’ll allow almost every kind of playstyle to be played the way it’s supposed to be. We don’t want to become a Null-Sec alliance that robs their members fun and converts it into work, CTA’s and ultimately make them into F1-Monkeys.
Instead we want to work our way into Low-Sec, the region of the free-man!
… but hol’ up.
Its rewind time!
A bit of background: Some of you might’ve heard from the “Bergmann Federation” back in 2015 when we launched our propaganda Videos.
Back then we had a similar idea in mind. Building an “Empire” from scratch - though back then we build a Federation.
How did we do that?
The plan we had was unique - Instead of forming an Alliance from multiple already existing corporations - we pre-founded all corporations in the alliance and hired people looking for corporations to join or recruited whole corporations and merged them into ours.
It was an experiment at the time. Honestly, I was worried sick that it won’t turn out the way it would, but it worked out perfectly in the end. The key: Creating unity.
We were all part of something greater. With a goal in mind we are all performing under one name: Bergmann.
Everyone started in the Bergmann Foundation and after a period of time, when people were able to proof themselves enough, they were able to be promoted in one of the designated corporations. The Navy was our PvP Corp, protecting the new and inexperienced. Creating Fleet/PvP content.
Bergmann Industries our Mining & Manufacturing corp. The backbone of our operations.
Last but not least the Bergmann Kingsguard. The corporation for the best of our PvPers and Capital pilots.
Again we strive to make this concept work. Multiple corporations each with their own structure and roles working together hand in hand in the name of Bergmann.
How did that previously work out?
Not gonna lie, the old Federation grew rapidly, after only 5 months we reached peak numbers with over 300 members thanks to our propaganda and the idea behind it.
But, of course I wouldn’t create this recruitment post if everything went super duper flawlessly.
TLDR: The Leadership eventually got split due to disputes and disagreements. What followed was backstab from the Co-Leader which pushed the whole alliance into chaos.
The Bergmann Federation fell.
Now, 4 years later it burns in me. The vision I had fell apart but what if… it went differently? What if we had a different Leadership, a different way of handling things. What if we avoid the mistakes we did and learn from our past. What if we form not a Federation but… an Empire?
This is what I’m trying to accomplish now and what this recruitment post is about.
I am starting from scratch with the same idea that worked before and avoiding the things that didn’t.
The Empire’s Foundation
As we’re in the foundation phase we need people now more than ever to head out with us on this endeavor.
We need miners and manufacturers, carebears and cutthroats. We need people of all playstyles who work together for a common goal: Building an infrastructure in Low Sec and becoming the economical and military supremacy of a region.
Like back in the days we want to create strength in unity. We don’t need you as a simple asset or cannon fodder. We need you as a valuable member of the empire that we’re building.
There are Leadership- and non-leadership roles to assign, belts to mine, wars to be fought and people to be taught.
Early offered content
- New Player support
- PvE / Mission running
- PvP Roams
- PvP Training
- Abyssal Runs
- Mining OPs
- Cheap Refining
Examples of what we’ll do differently this time:
- Slower pace. We won’t rush anything no matter how fast we grow. We’ll make sure every member is ready for the next big step like moving to low-sec.
- Clear Goals. Last time we had some ideas what we wanted to do but weren’t exactly sure. This time we have a roadmap laid out for different phases of growth that we’ll follow.
- Leadership Structure. The leadership is clearly structured this time. In the Federation it was kinda loose. Now, CEOs become Council Members, Council Members can assign Advisors.
- Roles & Jobs. Every member can be assigned a job in the Empire. We got over 20 roles and jobs to offer members in things they’re good at. We’re not forcing things to do on everyone but let anyone who want to apply for those to help out where they can.
- Content creation. Those just explained jobs/roles will create content. We have Fleet Commander who take out Fleets for PvP, PvP-Trainers, Mining Foremans, Industry Supervisors, PvE-Commanders and the list goes on. Every one of them creates content in their own field.
Education Everyone should know what they’re getting into. Back then we didn’t know ourselves so people were generally unprepared for when changes came. “Will we go to null or low or what?”
As we have a roadmap and clear goals this time, everyone who joins will be aware of what they’re getting into.
- English only. The Federation was multilingual split between german and english. 70% german I’d say. This is no more, we will all speak english now, without exceptions.
Become not just a member - become the foundation of an Empire and be part of something great.
If you read it this far I hope I sparked your interest in joining me in this endeavor!
I’m happy to answer you more questions ingame or just have a chat with you!
You can reach me via Mail, PM or you can join our ingame channel: “Bergmann Hub” there you can chat with one of our recruiters or myself directly!
I’m looking forward to hear from you, pilots o7