An update on recent Order activity can be found here.
Solid group of rpers and pilots
“I will not hesitate when the test of Faith finds me, for only the strongest conviction will open the gates of paradise. My Faith in you is absolute; my sword is Yours, My God, and Your will guides me now and for all eternity.”
- The Scriptures, Prophet Kuria, Paladin’s Creed
Be sure and come by our discord and check things out! We have interesting things going on that you could get involved in with varying levels of RP! Great for someone new to RP wanting to try it out!
Come build a story with your eve online gameplay!
i am guessing amarr pilots already in FW for amarr but that dont have amarr specific names are not allowed?
Well, while PIE has rules regarding a lot of things, and we are looking to adhere to RP things, I think in a lot of instances we can work with what you have.
Also it might be that our in game names could be callsigns? I am not sure but you should join the discord and ask and more knowledgeable PIE recruiters and answer all of your questions!
Thank you for the question and I will see about someone coming here to answer that actually knows what they are talking about haha.
We have a long tradition of working with people new to RP with… somewhat non-traditional names. Basically, we are happy to work with people.
In other news Excubitoris Chapter’s Khanid Expedition was just involved in a small war ( [I-RCN] Ishukone-Raata Certified News GalNet Hub - #34 by Selenna_Scarlet_Solange) against Triglav supporters.
I have fought against the Amarr Militia in the FW Warzone since I started playing, with the exception of when I had to go to highsec to do 4 months of unpaid belt ratting to save systems from the Triglavians.
During my time in the warzone, PIE have become my favourite enemies for the following reasons:
- Competent enemies, both in fleet and solo.
- Always conduct themselves respectfully, especially in contrast to the rest of the Amarr Militia.
- I have watched them guide both Zeri and Nolcond on their first steps into fleet and solo PVP. The size of their organization means that they have the time to look out for the people they take in.
But most importantly, they tick all the boxes a loyalist RP corp ought to:
- Almost two decades of dedication to their chosen faction.
- In-depth knowledge of, and adherence to, the lore.
- Properly distinguish between IC and OOC, in-game and IRL.
Every core empire deserves a group like this.
A RP announcment thread dealing with PIE’s reactions to recent events in the EVE storyline: [Excubitoris Chapter Statement] Condemnation of Brutor Vanguard Attack and Inquiry into Means of Attack
The Excubitoris Chapter today helped take down a heretical structure in the Nakri System. We were very stylish and did it in Confessors.
A briefing that might be useful for those interested in RPing Amarr.
I’ve read your posts and became interested. I’d like to tell you a little bit about myself so you can decide if I’m worth your time.
About 13 years ago I started playing EVE as a try. When everything went horribly wrong and I made every mistake I could with people capitilazing on that; I was hooked.
The sandbox idea along with the need to do some serious internet searching was intoxicating.
I stopped playing EVE when I felt it was no longer a sandbox. I don’t like NPC’s at all.
To give an example: I do not dislike CODE. In my view they’re people generating their own content with a willingness to share that. I feel I asked about that the moment I undock.
When they gank I react with: Tsss… weak.
Not a single NPC will ever invoke a reaction. Let alone a proper “negative” one.
As time went by, I created more characters. By sheer coincidence I ended up with 4. One for each Empire. The character I’m posting with is Minmatar because I was told it was the best starter race for PvP (which was true at the time).
It also means I have a dedicated Amarr character. And although the Caldari, Gallente and Minmatar ones spread out their skillset, the Amarr one never did. I made it with the idea to join CVA, which were as close to non-empire Amarr as it got 12 years ago. No idea how that is these days ofc.
So here’s what I need to know:
- Is it ok for me to be an alpha clone instead of Omega? If I get my love for EVE back, that might change, but I’m very reluctant to spend money on EVE these days.
- I have sound, but threw away my last broken mic years ago. Is it ok to just listen on comms? That too can change over time ofc.
- Most important for me: does RP-ing mean you create your own content (stories). I ask, because I tend to behave the way I set up my characters. This PvP character has died alot in hopeless situatons for example. Because “she” is obsessed with combat and will engage whether its smart or not. (For me everything reallly is pixels. I don’t care if I “lose” stuff if it’s traded for fun/content).
- My characters are well beyong alpha training so they haven’t accumulated skillpoints or trained for a long time. The Amarr character is therefor currently stuck at around 120 million. Most of which is also locked behind Omega. So it’s a big Alpha at best. Is that good enough?
Thank in advance for reading my post.
In answer to your questions:
We accept Alphas
We do not require talking on voicecoms. I personally find them quite stressful thanks to auditory processing issues, so tend to avoid talking there in favor of text whenever practicable.
RPing means a mix of creating own content and backstory, and in actively playing the game in accordance with the in character ideals. So the example you give of a character IC being combat obsessed and taking risks as a way to justify OOC seeking a certain playstyle is a good example.
We have no SP requirements and try to find low SP players ways to help. I joined PIE way back in 2004 on a 2 week old character! Our fying Amarr only helps here, by narrowing required skills.
Our planned events for Foundation Day! [EVENT] Foundation Day YC 123
What better then your worst foe declaring your integrity and worth, and Bravo Sir to being willing to give such. The Creator may yet spare your soul, as you eventually as a heretic die on the the burning piers. Such is the warmth and care of Amarr!
I’m very Impressed and Interested.
Currently in a NE sector Corp Warring for righteous in the region. Yet this corp is really Something I really would have jump on in the beginning had Id known. RPing, is something I very much enjoy, and Amarr with is twisted darkness and light is a powerful backdrop, hence my first toons origins are Amarr. Chaplain, is Main. I’ve the rest of my alts other then Chaplain in Eve University, fantastic learning Corp. I plan to keep some there as teaching would be another goal. So I will look at the discord??? and see what options I might have for transferring, or create a new?
P.S. FW is very interesting!
Thank you for my hopefully short intro.
This is an out-of-character thread in an out-of-character sub-forum. I see no reason not to be civil and honest. Hostility between roleplayers stays in the game, or in in-character threads.
Updated with an extremely cool updated poster by @Ascentior
Also PIE has just announced that it is joining the alliance Khimi Harar!
An in character update on the Order’s activity the last couple weeks.
A recent alliance activity involving the Order.