"The skill plan service is currently unavailable. Unable to retrieve skill plan data" - possibly VPN related?

I get that message pop up every single time I open my skill sheet, and it’s always there when I open the Personal Plans tab. I’ve asked why in help chats and no-one knows. I’ve cleared the cache and verified the integrity of the game files. I’ve submitted a bug report and heard nothing back. Has this happened to anyone else, and/or does anyone know why this is happening?

Update: I’ve discovered what might be happening, but not sure how to fix it. I use a VPN for all browsing (Mullvad) but have added the EVE executable and the Launcher to the split tunneling excluded apps so they don’t run through the VPN. I disabled the VPN completely just now, logged in to the game and tadaaa, no error message and the personal skill plan function was available.

I re-enabled the VPN and went through every single application in the EVE folders and added them one by one to the split tunneling exceptions list but the problem remained. So there must be some element within the main EVE executable that is accessing the internet separately for the skill plan service.

2 Likes

Are you on a Mac?

Windows 10 PC

unavailable2

weird. Mac users don’t have that ability.

i just checked, i’m win 10 as well and mine works fine…

I’ve had this same issue since day 1.

1 Like

I’ve suddenly begun to have this problem this morning, aka right now, too. I have absolutely no idea what changed since last night. Windows 10 PC. I wonder if I have to do a reinstall.

1 Like

Yeah same. It was fine when I logged in at 12pm and I came back at 3:30pm and it was broken XD

1 Like

Same here, just started happening this mornign after i upgraded to Omega

1 Like

+1 here.

Windows 11 Alienware 17x machine. I’m seeing other issues too, like not being able to sell plex.

1 Like

Yall miss this??

1 Like

the incident above says “Resolved”, and i’m getting the same thing. Manjaro Linux, Proton Experimental.

1 Like

Unfortunately same here, also affecting corp skill plans. Been happening ever since I created this character, so for a few days. I’m using Proton, but I don’t believe it’s affecting network communications - in any case, the rest of the game seems to communicate with the servers just fine.

1 Like

I’ve discovered what might be happening, but not sure how to fix it. I use a VPN for all browsing (Mullvad) but have added the EVE executable and the Launcher to the split tunneling excluded apps so they don’t run through the VPN. I disabled the VPN completely just now, logged in to the game and tadaaa, no error message and the personal skill plan function was available.

I re-enabled the VPN and went through every single application in the EVE folders and added them one by one to the split tunneling exceptions list but the problem remained. So there must be some element within the main EVE executable that is accessing the internet separately for the skill plan service.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.