Thorax - Tech 1 - PvE (Level 2 Security Missions)

• A fitting for the Thorax to be used for level 2 security missions.

• This fitting is meant for Alpha players and can include only Tech 1 items.

• The cost of the fitting should be kept in mind as this is for newer players.

Please provide any tips you have for how the fit should be flown or what modules may need to be switched to improve the tank against specific NPC types.

2 Likes

[Thorax, Thorax M2]
Medium ‘Accommodation’ Vestment Reconstructer I
‘Refuge’ Adaptive Nano Plating I
Reactive Armor Hardener
Vortex Compact Magnetic Field Stabilizer

10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Eutectic Compact Cap Recharger
Optical Compact Tracking Computer

200mm Prototype Gauss Gun

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Vespa I x5

Tracking Speed Script x1
Lead Charge M x5000
Optimal Range Script x1
Antimatter Charge M x5000
Iron Charge M x5000

Along side its turrets, the Thorax gets a full wing of medium drones for a pretty high damage potential. Add on to that the fact that it is nimble even for a cruiser and you get a very effective glass cannon.

Keep your targets between 30-50km and use Lead and Iron ammo to snipe at targets. Drones can be used to add DPS to your guns or against smaller targets that your guns may struggle to hit. Antimatter can be used against larger targets when you feel like getting up close and personal.

1 Like

[Thorax, Alpha]

Medium ‘Accommodation’ Vestment Reconstructer I
Reactive Armor Hardener
‘Refuge’ Adaptive Nano Plating I

Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier

Dual 150mm ‘Scout’ Accelerator Cannon

Medium Hybrid Locus Coordinator I

Hornet I x5
Hornet I x5

Antimatter Charge M x5000
Iron Charge M x5000
Lead Charge M x5000

Railgun mission running fitting with strong local tank with very low skillrequirements ( starting skills for CPU and PG are sufficient ) Thanks to the reactive armor hardener no refitting is required.

Price around 17m ISK
152 DPS at 29,1 km with Iron
206 DPS at 18km with Lead
278 DPS at 9km with Antimatter
80 DPS active armor tank, potentially higher due to the reactive armor hardener.
Capstable even with starter skills.

How to fly:

• Warp into mission and preload Iron (often your targets are 30km+ away)
  • Start shooting frigates first, while they are at range you can still hit them easily.
  • Swap Ammo depending on range to the targets as needed (Hybrid Ammo only take 5 sec to switch)
  • If small ships get too close to you to hit, use your statis webifier to slow down the target and kill it with your turrets and drones. (It may help to burn away from the webbed target for better hits with your railguns)
  • Once your shield is depeleted activate the reactive armor hardener and use your armor repairer as needed.

Video with example coming soon™

Optional: You could replace the light drones with a flight of medium drones. (but given the fact that the majority of your targets in lvl2 missions are frigates or destroyers light drones are not only faster to destroy your target but are also less likely to get show down by the hostile npcs)

1 Like

Very nice, thanks for the fit suggestion, it helped take my Thorax to another level of effectiveness. The Eutectic Compact Cap Recharger was especially effective because it stabilized my cap output. Before using it, I was running out of cap juice after 2 minutes of afterburner and armor regenerator. Also, using lead was critical. Though I am using a medium 250mm Railgun, hitting Serpentis from 40-50km with lead was brutal on them. I didn’t really even need the drones. The Serps weren’t even touching me at 40km. I tried my changes on the Angel Cartel and didn’t have enough power to overtake them. I will use all of your fit suggestions on the Angels and report back.

One change: “Reconstructer” is spelled wrong- should be “Reconstructor”. And, I couldn’t find a “Medium ‘Accommodation’ Vestment Reconstructor I”, only “Medium ‘Hope’ Hull Reconstructor I”. I’ll see if that one works for me.

Another question: why two “Vortex Compact Magnetic Field Stabilizer”? The info on it says more than one of this type will be penalized.

A second module is still 87% effective.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Community Fittings Discussion

I’m trying to fit everything on your list and can’t. I can’t fit the “Medium ‘Hope’ Hull Reconstructor I” (a replacement for Medium ‘Accommodation’ Vestment Reconstructer I -which doesn’t exist) because it takes a mid slot and these four also take mid slot:

-10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
-Eutectic Compact Cap Recharger
-Eutectic Compact Cap Recharger
-Optical Compact Tracking Computer

one other thing, I can’t load both scripts?
Tracking Speed Script x1
Optimal Range Script x1
I only have one “Optical Compact Tracking Computer”. Do I need two to load both scripts?

Armour repair systems are a low slot.

Armour repair systems are different to Hull repair systems.

Goto market>ship equipment>hull and Armour>armour repair systems.

It’s useful to have ‘show available items only’ unchecked when looking at the market or some items that are not in your area won’t show up.

This is normal.

You only use one at a time (mostly range script in your case). But you can switch script mid flight like ammo if you want to switch to faster tracking (useful when close with anti-matter).

Also, I didn’t use the:
“Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I x3”
because I was wary of jury-rigging / destroying the rig if it is unfit? I bought them but didn’t use them I found my cap is stable with one:
“Eutectic Compact Cap Recharger”
and two:
“Capacitor Power Relay I”

As long as you are successful, fit how you want. Cap stability is not 100% required, it just makes things easy to manage.

The trouble is you’ve had to sacrifice dps or tank in order to fit cap power relays.

Using CCC rigs and an extra mag stab is usually a better all round fit.

But as long as you’re successful.

I found the problem with searching for:

and

The market search doesn’t like the single quotes in your fit: ( ‘ ’ ). If I delete them and retype it they look different and the search works: ( ’ ’ ). You can see they look different. Very odd.

Hmmm… the second set of single quotes I typed don’t look different after I posted. Looks like the forum changes the single quote to a different font or something. So I guess and fit that is copied to the forum will corrupt the single quotes and you won’t be able to copy and import the fit.

If this is true it’s rather annoying. I’ll give it a try when i get back and see if i can fix things.

update:
So yeah ive just tried it, and i can’t simply import settings from the forums because of the quote marks on some meta items.

I see the problem. They spell “Reconstructor” wrong for some reason. Apparently "Medium ‘Accommodation’ Vestment Reconstructer I " (sic) is a Low Slot Armor repair, as you say, and my incorrect replacement, "Medium ‘Hope’ Hull Reconstructor I” (with a “-tor” is a High Slot Hull repair as you say. I’ve sorted it and am fitting as you suggest to try out.
Thanks again.

I must have missed something. I have your exact fit now with CCC rigs and the cap depletes in 2:22.

Don’t worry about it. You’ll be fine. You don’t need to run the repair system all the time.

I’ve run a few combat exploration missions with it now and am destroying things I had trouble with before, and the cap is fine. I’ve run both and it never gets below about 70%. Your recipe is working well. Thanks again for the help, I really appreciate it. I’m about 25 days in and learning something new every time I go out. I guess that never ends in this game.

Ok, I see… I’ve destroyed a number of Angel hideouts. etc. Haven’t run across the big one I did somewhere. Maybe I can find in my logs where I was?

So I tried a quick shot at an emerging Trig conduit. I left afterburner off and ran the Armor Reconstructer and Hardener. I was making progress on their lead ship until they jumped me and got close. Then shields immediately went and armor got to maybe 80% as I was trying to warp out - a good 10 seconds. I didn’t see it drop much more in the final seconds, maybe indicating my armor would hold against them? I didn’t want to stick around too long to find out.

I’m going to load antimatter in 3 of 5 guns and see if the close battle is more effective.