Universal Timebase Measurement Research

Unless I am mistaken the capsuleers involved did cave into the demands, not fancying a huge bounty on their heads.

1 Like

The more interesting thing is the jacket you’re wearing, looks fancy as hell.

1 Like

…have names. Makoto, Lucas, Scherezad, and Celes; some of them are still around.

I may be wrong, but I dimly recall Lucas was the one holding the brain slice, and he finally caved to the threat of being stripped of his titles and lands back home.

4 Likes

That’s a completely different accident than the one I remember, though.

1 Like

Fortunately, there’s a convenient historical repository.

The long and short of it is that the original autopsy was conducted by a small team under the auspices of CONCORD, and publicly released, despite Drifters appearing to disrupt the proceedings.

Following that incident, CONCORD has not necessarily supported independent endeavors on this front.

5 Likes

Notice of Sanctions Imposed

It seems that Pilot Valate has chosen not to comply with our request, on generous reward terms, to turn in material evidence in a case concerning high crimes of terrorism and related infractions under the Yulai Convention.

As such, an appropriate adjustment to Pilot Valate’s security status has been made to reflect the gravity of the matter. This action may be reversed if the request for evidence is honored by Pilot Valate. Naturally, there will be no financial reward given the matter has unfortunately reached this point of sanctions being imposed.

Despite this disappointing lack of co-operation, our investigators have recently had the opportunity to closely examine new evidence, including telemetry pertaining to the Corrupted Trinary Relic in question and believe we can build a case against the so-called ‘Astromancer’ and his terrorist associates without the item.

However, we would naturally like to tidy this matter up completely. Compliance and clearance of status remain on the table for capsuleers who recognise the important role of CONCORD in the security and stability of the New Eden cluster.

Regards,
Captain Oveg Drust
DED Genesis Fleet

9 Likes

Oh snap! :popcorn:

Gosh, Miss Doctor Valate has all the luck.

2 Likes

A shameful display, Sir Drust. Though it is an expected misuse of power by the DED, I sincerely hoped for a better resolution that did not involve punishment of a capsuleer for information that you now admit was wholly unnecessary to have. This outcome perhaps adds credence to the premise the 25ers had stood for. Surely you understand that reaching an amicable end to contention is not by further stoking the fire.

I suppose now we can only look forward to more hostilities by extremist groups, who today may very well be justified in their protest.

4 Likes

Commit Obstruction of Justice, get treated like you committed Obstruction of Justuce.

When asked by authorties to comply with a request, it’s not a request. It’s a polite demand. Just because one is a capsuleer, one does not have the right to disobey such a demand. She should have her license revoked. Consider this a mercy more than a misuse of power.

7 Likes

It is not CONCORD’s right to suddenly exile a capsuleer out of high-security space because they did not get their way. Any sovereign nation has a set of policies, procedures, and bureaucracy to follow to ensure due process, and yet the DED can simply set someone’s security to -10 on a whim without trial, jury, of defensible counsel. The 25ers initially protested licensing and fees without representation, and now they have been justified in their protest by Sir Drust’s flagrant misuse of his power as a CONCORD agent.

Moreover, he did it simply because he could, as by his own admission they have already investigated the telemetry pertaining to the respective CTR. This was an act of vengeance, not justice.

3 Likes

CONCORD keeps peace between the four nations and manages independent capsuleers. They have a kill switch for said capsuleers. All of them.

CONCORD has the right to literally kill you in your sleep. And you whine about this?

3 Likes

Of course they have that right. We capsuleers fall under CONCORD’s authority only and they are in fact free to do pretty much whatever they want in that regard. They put forth an entirely lawful demand, with a courtesy “reward” to soften the blow even, and when that is rejected they impose some minimal consequences. I don’t see any problem with this at all, except with how pitiful said consequence is.

To give it any bite, it would have to be a standings adjustment rather than a security status one. This right here barely even registers as a slap on the wrist.

2 Likes

How is 5mil isk generous? cheapest thing I fly is 10mil at least.

5 Likes

While CONCORD might update standings to our Neocoms, I doubt they have authority to change them, as it is between the capsuleer and client. And that would be abuse of power.

2 Likes

Exile from high-security space on a whim barely even registers as a slap on the wrist? If only I could ban my customers and only allow them back after a lengthy stretch of community service, or an extensive bribe. CONCORD’s place is to ensure capsuleers do not infringe on the rights and safety of non-clones. Being as there was not an infringement of those rights in any direct sense, I’m loathe to accept that this falls under their jurisdiction as this is not anything besides one man’s decision and a show of force that only spurs hostilities rather than quashes them.

2 Likes

@Oveg_Drust

If we review the logs provided in the original post, we see the following:

Lorienne Nesif > Capsuleers, if you any of you recovered any kind of hardware or ejected crew from those warships, please send them to CONCORD. Maybe we can learn something of them.

Now, examining the publicly available combat records of the incident, we can see that there were other items of hardware from the ships.

From the Astromancer’s ship, there were:
5 Neutron Blaster Cannons, 1832 rounds of Void L, 947 rounds of Null L, 2 Fleetinc Compact Stasis Webifiers, 2 Mk1 Compact Reinforced Bulkheads, 1 IFFA compact Damage Control, 5 Hobgoblin IIs, an Agency Support Drop case, and a Youil Festival Fireworks Package that survived the explosion, and whose whereabouts are unknownst to myself, as I did not touch any of them.

there were objects from the other two ships, but let us concentrate on the Astromancer’s ship and its hardware.

Have CONCORD received all those items of hardware ?

If not, then the current possessors of those items are also in violation, are they not ?

And if they are not going to be punished, then by punishing me, you are guilty of the crime of victimisation.

I intend to bring this up with the CONCORD courts.

I’d also advise you not to threaten me again. Lest consequences occur.

7 Likes

Again, we’re independent capsuleers and quite literally the only authority controlling us is CONCORD. I’m pretty sure the paperwork is very clear that they could - if so desired - demand everyone jump on one leg while reciting dirty limericks, or they’d randomly swap all our sec statuses and standings while giggling inanely.

The reason they don’t is simply because it serves absolutely no purpose and would probably alienate both independent capsuleers and those who make use of us. Now, smacking around some moron trying to play them around for attention mongering with some standings wrecked? Now that on the other hand would quite probably be very welcome by the cluster, demonstrating that CONCORD isn’t in fact quite as impotent as they seem.

“Exile” my entire arse. Flick some pocket change at the nearest CONCORD station and “exile” turns into “perfectly legitimate upstanding citizen, sah!” with the press of a button. Sec status changes are entirely worthless and do nothing unless the capsuleer is either staggeringly incompetent or so brand new that isk flow is a problem.

Yes, this barely registers as a smack on the wrist, and falls far short of what should be done with people like this.

4 Likes

Madam Del’thul, your constant re-iteration on the fact that they can serves no argument against whether or not they should, and I am not about to spend the rest of my day arguing with someone who falls just short of supporting that flagrant fascism. Moreover, I have half a mind to consider that your bias toward “people like” Madam Valate is getting in the way of any objectivity in this matter.

2 Likes

They should exercise stronger control of capsuleers in all aspects.

2 Likes

Didn’t say generous, I said ‘courtesy’ reward. Just a token which turns it into an agreeable transaction rather than mere subservience, allowing both sides to maintain public appearance.

You questioned their rights and their jurisdiction, which is why I responded with what they can do. Now, what they should do is forcefully cave in the skulls of every Sani Sabik, Angel, Sansha, (and Amarr, but hey this one’s definitely my bias speaking) “loyal” capsuleer, then biomass the remaining corpse by pummeling it with its own implants. The fact that independent capsuleers are allowed to publicly work for and support the enemies of the four nations that created us in the first place is the atrocity.

Fascism? No, I do not support fascism. I just deplore anarchy and lawless insanity.

3 Likes