[Winter] Fleet Abyssal Deadspace Feedback thread - feature now available on Singularity Test Server

Battleship Abyssals, when? :smiley:

2 Likes

This does not appear to include the Damavik - confirm/deny?

Additionally, after being able to log in to Duality one time briefly, I have been unable to as it has been reporting that it is not taking connections. You mentioned that we can expect the market seeding to be good by Monday, which would imply that you intended the server to be available at that time - can you give any word as to when the test will be available again?

Well done CCP, I like where this is going. The Abyss genre of gameplay is a great concept. I’m Excited for Eve.

I’m going to translate this to real-speek.

“more accessible” … “new players” = bring in more farmers with rather low intellect but loose wallets, who don’t care about playing for playing’s sake, but play because they’re addicted.

“trying out a triple multi box” … I am a farmer. I have no friends.

1 Like

The Damavik is included in ‘Frigates’. This is the type group, not the market group (like overview).

Sorting out seeding right now on Duality, and should have a more updated mirror too. I will reply here when it is done.

3 Likes

deleted because the feature is too lacking to matter

1 Like

The suspect flag is removed.

2 Likes

Just a note for all those who are saying that this is the start of “instanced space” somehow. I ran nullsec escalation sites as my sole form of PvE for eight years. Between local and acceleration gate mechanics I think I got caught in a site and blown up once? Maybe twice. I was really absurdly drunk both times too.

On the other hand, outside my blue doughnut space, the thought of jumping from abyssal space back into J-Space completely blind, flying something spendy, and specialty fit for PvE has a huge pucker factor attached to it.

Instanced PvP functionally exists already for players who know how to set it up. So long as CCP doesn’t go full Disneyland and make it possible to run high end abyssal sites in highsec without some kind of suspect flag this won’t do jack squat to the sandbox. In fact I might move in to hunt these folks…

This sounds super cool tbh!

1 Like

Oh no. A 2016 is quitting and a 2013 character says this is the end of EVE.
It isn’t like Abyssal space is a monocle or something.

People have been ganking Abyss runners since this was released. How many station traders that never leave the station have been ganked? How many spamming scammers have been ganked?

Until they spit out market pvpers 1000k away from a structure after 30 minutes or less to be ganked in a place that is marked by a scannable beacon I say there is nothing wrong with Abyss space.

This is coming whether you like it or not. Bye :slight_smile:

Smart bomb them.

4 Likes

Can i have your stuff???

1 Like

Forum alt? Are you that naïve? I’ve been in EVE since the opening and before that I helped cause Trammel, probably before you were born.

1 Like

This took longer than we would have liked, but Duality now has an up to date TQ mirror applied, and the market is seeded just like Singularity.

Abyssal filaments can also be found on the market.

You mean Abyssal deadspace or specifically the team sites?

@Salt_Foambreaker
@Nicolai_Serkanner

Don’t leave. That’s like admitting defeat and running away. Your voices are both needed and important, and every time someone like us leaves the situation is getting worse. You will not get rid of that foul smell in your mouth once you leave. It will haunt you, and nag you every single day.

When you leave you’re doing it wrong. Voting with the wallet is meaningless and achieves nothing, and when you care - which you do - you know that the LAST thing you want to achieve is NOTHING.

I am not leaving (yet). And will continue to fight this insanity which is called instanced space/arena as hard as I can.

1 Like

It is not the same.

Been here since the early days too. We are not allowed to talk about forum bans.
Turns out posting real life identities of botters is against the rules.

Anyway. Why are you posting? Fleet abyss is coming. Shouldn’t you be busy deleting characters instead of doing whatever you think you’re doing now?

Whatever you say nooblet.

1 Like

Im sorry, but why is the EVE forums alone breaking it’s own code of conduct? I mean you have people ■■■■ talking and that is ok, but it is just going back and forth and it has become about each other than the content that we are supposed to be feedbacking on? No? Grow up people, makes me feel as if this world of video games has won us over with everyone being “toxic”. Anyway, can we not just ramble on about how we hate each other?

Personally, I think the Abyssal deadpsace was kind of boring and meh.

1 Like

The first Fleet Abyss sites are for newbros who have limited skills and really want to learn all aspects of combat while limiting their loss, making friends and expanding their understanding of fleet combat.

It ticks almost all of the boxes in my opinion.

Newbros; get yourself into a corp that will do Fleet Abyss. Do the Abyss sites with your team for a few months and when you move on to do other stuff in Eve you can refer to the gameplay you learned while doing fleet Abyss sites.

I can see CCP put lots of thought into this, well done :slight_smile:

Eve community; lets give this a fair chance and take a good look at how it affects the newbro and ultimately the future of Eve online. I for one think we will be creating a set of newbro’s who know the game well and are well versed in combat with frig sized ships.

I love my Assault Frigate and this has somewhat renewed my excitement for Eve, I can’t wait to recruit a couple of newbro’s and do some Fleet Abyss sites with them and show them the combat aspect of the game.

2 Likes