Cloaking Camping Destroying Eve

You want to remove him from your local list so you don’t have to take PROactive precautions in case he actually isn’t afk. That’s not “there is no counter”, that is “I’m too much of a stupid bear to risk pvp in my pve ship even though I’m in a hardcore pvp zone”.

• Bait him
  • Stay aligned and warp out
  • Counterdrop

That are 3 counters right there. Of course you don’t get them for minimal effort, just like it should be in the most profitable space.

3 Likes

There are plenty of actions you can take to deal with him, you simply chose the one that makes you most look like an illiterate idiot, while achieving absolutely nothing. Cry on the forums.

1 Like

linus gorp, explain to me then how to find a camper i bet you wont be able to find them untill they want you to

Keep trying, sweetie.

–Amused Gadget (with popcorn)

im not saying make it easy im just saying it needs to be both sided not just one sided all the time

I just gave you 3 counters, Linus also gave you 3 counters. Expand your train of thought. Play outside the box. Your way isn’t the only way, and if you want to ‘win’ you need to be a LOT more flexible and adaptive.

That is the whole point of a cloak. You are not entitled to be able to find him. Your real problem is the psychological warfare he uses against you. Local tells you he is there and that’s why you’re now here to cry. Solution? Remove local.

5 Likes

But even if they could, you can always hide behind the wall of text.

–Logical Gadget

You don’t expose the camper. You either bait him and his fleet out, or you ignore him.

But most importantly, you don’t start a toxic thread on the official forums when there’s already a master thread on your topic and you’ve absolutely nothing new to say on the topic.

2 Likes

omg i give up, you guys simply cant see the point im trrying to make or you can and you just are ignoring it but ill say it one last time: there is no way to find a camper he find you and that in my opinion needs to be balanced because that part of the game is one sided as well as the fact that no one has acctually answered my question "if i want to find him how do it without baiting him or without it being on his terms?

and just for the record i didnt know there was a entire thread for camping

We’ve seen this many times before in many threads, and seen also CCP’s response.
Look to see when they are active, and work around them… just as I do.

A cloaky campers have 2 hard counters…

1 don’t fly alone! A small support fleet should easily be able to handle any incoming fleet or at least kill the cloaky if he attacks.

2 scouts! Jumping can only reach so far. Scout and if you don’t see a fleeti. Jump range, don’t worry.

How is that so hard to get?

Here’s another thought, if you are flying that big of a ship, don’t. You can rat in a VNI easily. Drop drones and keep your MWD on. Even if the cloaky shows up in your anomaly, you can be long gone before he reaches and locks you. And if you are orbiting at a set range, don’t! Change it up so the cloaky can’t sneak up on you.

Such is the advantage of a cloak. You’re welcomed to fit one as well if the advantage is truly so significant. Linus said it perfectly right here:

That’s what the search button is for.

Why do you think you’re entitled to that?

As it stands, AFK cloaking is merely a symptom of local. It is the only counter to local, which is broken on a much bigger level.
The problem isn’t that we ignore what you want. The problem is that you think you’re entitled to find them. That you think you can have 100% safe ratting space without putting in any effort. You are entitled to neither.

2 Likes

how do i find him when he’s sleeping then?

going afk for hours on end without even being at the computer should not be allowed, that in my opinion is griefing

1 Like

I love the mechanic, but i can see the problem in it.
I’m a very patient player and can Watch other players for a very long time, and ofcourse go grab a coffee or 3 now and then.
I dont mind it. But still i can see the fact that there is a small problem in achive some sort of balance.
As a miner you have to click a button once in a while, its easy to make that happen for a cloaky warmonger too.

like you said its pycological warfair but its also not even playing the game, the same effect can be done with them being there warping around so yes i believe there should be a counter introduced to find the ones that are sleeping or leave thier computers online for long periods of time

Check his killboard activity, his corp activity, …
It really isn’t hard to figure out if he might be active or if he certainly isn’t active. But it takes effort and so far all I’ve seen from you is crying about having even a tiny bit of effort.

Pray tell, are we playing EVE Online, or are we playing Hello Kitty Online? AFK cloaking is well within the rules of gameplay and as such it is a valid play style. Your crying doesn’t change that.

1 Like