Hello forums, ISD Villard has joined the team!

Hello everyone,

I have semi-recently joined the ISD CCL team and work together with ISD Buldath and others on the forums.
I’ve been playing EVE for a few years and mostly spend my time on small gang pvp and helping newer players.

I’ll be looking forward to getting to know you all.

See you all around,
ISD Villard

20 Likes

Thank you for your service.

27274_64

Welcome young padawan.

Welcome!

Welcome!

Welcome @ISD_Villard !!!

1 Like

Welcome, do you come with wheels attached?

m

2 Likes

Welcome and thank you.

Welcome to our community!

I’m here to put work on your desk the first thing in the morning. :laughing:
Could you answer for us to this questions?

1 Like

Good Questions. Also Character Renames and Skill Removal, not just SP extraction.

1 Like

Also Character Renames

Well character renaming is absolute no-go. Ever.
It’s probably self-explatory.

If it isn’t though, it’s too long of a thing to explain but i’ll try to shortly point out something:

War, politics, scouting, contacts standings, market pvp… List goes on and on.
If you could change names it would be a absolute chaos to try and figure out whos alt is whos scout ect. ect. too much to write.

Skill Removal

Why would someone want to remove skills?

1 Like

Characters get renamed when the name is reported as offensive. Character ID stays the same. Can do same for Employment history with a ‘Previously Known As’ section.

Most extracted skill when SP extractors were released was Mining Barge. I do not want it extracted, I want a number of useless skills gone, including large hybrids.

Most extracted skill when SP extractors were released was Mining Barge. I do not want it extracted, I want a number of useless skills gone, including large hybrids.

Only way to go is skill extractors unfortunately.
Personally i have OCD to set everything nice and tidy so i’ve went through that hassle haha. I don’t have a single SP in a skill that i don’t want. This was done via skill extractors. No other way to go about it. Also as long as extractors are a thing it’s not happening that you could somehow remove skillpoint any other way.

Characters get renamed when the name is reported as offensive. Character ID stays the same.

Yes. But this is necessary. It’s better than getting the character deleted all together though i wouldn’t be against it neither. If you choose to name your character with something racists ect. it’s your choice to do so and your fault. Atleast this is a onetime thing that’s permanent and doesn’t thus affect things because the name stays the same empire citizen xxxxxxxx number.

Can do same for Employment history with a ‘Previously Known As’ section.

The same thing. Have you played anything other than PvE in Eve?
Imagine going to war and having to check tens or even hundreds of characters separately from name history section. Or if you need to be quick with scouting or ganking? Or you’re doing market PVP and checking who’s competing with you? Like. Dude. No.

I mean when I open my character sheet I do not want to see it listed. I also would like it if tooltips would stop shoving a ‘but it now’ every time I mouse over an item I cannot use. No, increasing the tooltip delay is not lame workaround.

For a few years.

Some groups did this for years via 3rd party applications, despite the introduction of ACL’s almost a decade ago the overview is still filtered by old school standings.
Implemented correctly, a character on an ACL with negative standings would always have negative standings, as the negative is against an entity ID, not a name.

Not blue is still not blue, name or no name change.

If CCP cared about market PvP every market order would show the name of the character/corporation who placed it. In the old days we used to have to wait for the test server to update to see which scumbag put up billion ISK invulns on the market cause CCP refused to add this in game or via the API.

Color is not the same as name. Names matter. It’s very often about the chosen/specific some ones rather than the group as a whole.

We do use and have always used names in market for pvp purposes.
It’s a nice feeling to sell ORE mining modules to the same person who you got them from. Might aswell go and get them back the second time.

I mean when I open my character sheet I do not want to see it listed.

OH! Gotchu! Why though? I don’t know how i personally feel about that… If it was an option i would indeed definitely remove the skills i don’t want or plan to train.
How long can you get the tooltip? I have it set as pretty quick and i agree it can be annoying as ■■■■ sometimes haha

He’s an ISD, not a dev. Also, this isn’t the thread to show how self centred you are.

1 Like

Why so hateful :confused: This isn’t the thread to you come and say that neither :neutral_face:

Don’t like it? Then act differently.

:worried: Ok i will