New wormhole visuals

How do you guys like the new wh visuals?
They don’t seem to indicate anymore when end of life . Visualy at least , it still shows in the infoscreen. But the wh does not tremble anymore.
I realy hate the los of functionality.
Still testing the other states of a wh.

6 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly.

This is precisely why I dread every patch day. Non-stop removal of functionality, non-stop arbitrary re-arranging of buttons, it just kills the hype for any new features they make, when there’s always the dreadful possibility of them ruining the daily routine with entirely pointless changes.

It feels like half of the patch is devs pretending to be doing their job and just making whatever to have something to show for it.

2 Likes

Indeed. I cannot spot any visual difference between EOL and not anymore, and as far as I can tell, this loss of quality of life comes at no gain whatsoever. It’s almost like CCP don’t play their own game.

1 Like

This is precisely why I dread every patch day. Non-stop removal of functionality, non-stop arbitrary re-arranging of buttons, it just kills the hype for any new features they make, when there’s always the dreadful possibility of them ruining the daily routine with entirely pointless changes.

there’s always the dreadful possibility of them ruining the daily routine with entirely pointless changes.

possibility

It’s a guarantee at this point, plain and simple. The only content they care to add is absolute garbage like resource wars and the agency, which gives a nice map overlay to help you find really obscure things like asteroid belts and agents, both of which definitely are not located in nearly every highsec system in the game. Beyond that, they also most assuredly did not have other tools in-game and via browser third party tools already implemented to help you find the ubiquitous belts and agents.

When it isn’t new low-quality content being added, it’s old content being reworked and ALWAYS at a cost. Here, the cost is functionality for a portion of the content CCP employees aren’t interested in playing in the first place. If nobody in the company uses it, and they don’t interact with the players that use it, then loss of this functionality as well as previous losses are totally acceptable. You are not a shareholder, and your opinion will never matter. As long as you’re content to pay, they’re content to keep “polishing” their only successful product.

2 Likes

Sucks if true :confused:

CCP you took away the useful visual queues for EOL status on a hole. This new change while pretty takes away useful information.

This change needs to be reverted and rolled back for now. Please reconsider this change.

Why is CCP trying to fix something that is not broken and that nobody asked for !?

New VFX looks like plastic crap, ugly 2D sprit worse than it was before

What’s the whole point of this @CCP_Myrkur ?

2 Likes

They suck. A lot. Rollback.

This is a known issue, fix is scheduled for tomorrow

1 Like

Guys, not only EOL. I think you should return back to wormholes animation:
-EOL effects
-mass crititically effects
-effects when someone entered wh

From Reddit:

CCP_Myrkur
CCP Games

"Hey guys, it looks like the “End of Life / EOL” part of the effect was authored with the incorrect value range, so the wobble is not anywhere close to the right strength. This is a defect.

We often try and make small updates to effects whilst fixing bugs (which was the case here, the wormhole effect had some broken bindings which required fixing(bit rot from updates elsewhere in the graphics engine), because otherwise they might go without being touched for a decade. There are a bunch of specific things we feel we improved with the update, but obviously a bit of an oversight there with the EOL strength not being in the right range, sorry about that!.

I’m going to work on a fix for the EOL right now, and hopefully we can get that patched in tomorrow.

After I finish figuring out that change, I’ll post again with, examples and explanations of what we were changing and why."

Yea, it’s been downgraded to save memory on the server.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.