"P I R A T" Will Have To Be Shut Down

Conclusion:

I think the PIRAT meta was providing as many targets of opportunity as possible to its corp members as possible, via as many wardecs as possible,

Inversely to CODE/gankers whom aggress illegally, PIRAT members dont have to worry about CONCORD, or loss of assets. They can recycle the same Tornado fleet or whatever, time and time again.

In other words, PIRAT mass wardecs are “smart” way of legal ganking, that does not involve CONCORD, and can be achieved with more varied fleets than CODE (whom have to explode their target before CONCORD arrives and they themselves explode), at the cost of a wardec (depending on the population of the targetted corp).

I think PIRAT found, that even despite wardec costs, even smaller corps continue (admittedly stupidly) to risk too much value per transit.

I’m not surprised by that.

So PIRAT meta itself is sound, legal and smart.
But if it was funded by botters, that’s needs to be addressed.

2 Likes

First I’d like to say thank you, considering your the first reasonable person to actually see what most of the complaints are, just moaning babes that want high sec to be a safe zone.

It’s funny as this meta was brought on by the same people who moan about the war dec system, plus other reasons.

• Null-sec wanted watchlist removed (Hunting became increasingly harder resulting in more war decs)
  • Citadels introduced, Locate agents STILL tell you targets in space when docked.
  • Corp dropping, 50 man corp disappears instantly when war goes in resulting in another war to try to gain content.

War decs ain’t the issue, the issue is that players want safety and quite frankly there is so many ways to avoid wars decs I believe they have enough…

Edit : Just to add, PIRAT are very strick with loot, had Poco empire for along time and get alot of contracts. Maintaining the wars they had is not hard, this was pointed out on the other new thread where someone went further into the math.

3 Likes

I dont care how many wardecs PIRAT pays for.

I only care if its funded by botting.

2 Likes

oh it is.
i am many things but a liar is not one of them.

3 Likes

Remember when C&P all put alts into a streamers corp full of newbros and carebears that had been wardecced by PIRAT, and then led them on the offensive?

Ah, here we go.

3 Likes

Beautiful, but incidental.

No no, you misunderstand me, I DONT DISAGREE that you can avoid having to deal with wardeccers (Move to WH space, get away from trade hubs, move to any space with pvp enabled where wardecers will piss themselves in fear, etc.) I’m simply stating that wardec spam itself, is an unavoidable fact in in eve, and it will happen to everyone, nothing more.

2 Likes

Fair point, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Cause were all impressed with a kb full of hisec lame games.

1 Like

How to evade a Wardec or getting ganked in general

1. dont join a corp.

2, use alts that can fly. Bustard,Occator,Mastodon,or Impel for your bling mod move, make sure to fit a tank and max warp core stabs,

2 Likes

Projecting again, so boring and so fail, you have carried out an extreme level of mental gymnastics to turn criticism of a hisec merc using botting to make his alliance very effective to be people wanting to make hisec a safe zone. Rather amusing to see your pathetic attempt at evading the real issue.

So go and say what you just said to @CCP_Falcon then.

3 Likes

As Baba Ji said, the RMT and botting is enough for me. But saying that the wardecs and such are a reason for banning them is uh… ridiculous! This is an open world sandbox PVP MMORPG. You consent to PVP as soon as you undock, so if you dont want to deal with wardecs stay in a NPC corp. You can form fleets and group up JUST as easy in a npc corp as you could in a player corp.

You would think New Eden is populated by soft hearted carebears in cans.

To CCP Falcon,

You said this was very high on the to do list with CCP and a statement would be coming “very soon”, could you please make an official statement on this please?

2 Likes

try @CCP_Falcon

Personally don’t expect them to do anything before they finish all their data pulling. Expecting a serious hammer drop eventually.

2 Likes

I have just heard from a very reliable source in Reykjavik some disturbing news that I can now only hope is not correct…

My source (who wished to be unnamed) tells me because of this specific “incident”, CCP has instituted the following:

1. 1st verified botting offense - the characters found in violation will have skill extraction possibilities removed.
  2. 2nd offense…the accounts in question are banned.

Again, I can now only hope such a weak response is simply not true, but I doubt it. The sheer magnitude of P I R A T’s cheating deserves a similar magnitude in punishment.

2 Likes

The best part is CCP won’t do a damned thing about all the people inconvenienced by those cheaters. I am going to need a few billion to make up for sub and skill injectors I had to buy for a cloaky transport.

Its now been several months since this incident occurred - to save me reading through this post and Reddit garbage, have CCP taken any formal action to date against the toons involved and PIRAT???

1 Like

Stated without a shred of evidence. Oh think of the poor newbies…

Getting your ship blown up is part of the game. If you can’t handle this if P I R A T does it…then they’d have left when someone else did it…so who cares?

And how many of those friends, reviews, etc. brought in players who said, “That game sounds like fun.”?

You are conflating rather badly.

So one guy cheats and you tarnish everyone else…nice guilt by association.

Please don’t. Just quit and uninstall the game, you won’t be missed.

1 Like

Of course not. PIRAT still wardecs en masse every day and the same RMT sites are still selling capitals, citadels … pretty much anything.

About a month ago, a guy on Reddit showed how easy it is to modify the EVE client, with some details, which got him banned within hours. If his post is true, then its no wonder that we have such a big botting problem.

Any test that can be solved can be solved by bot as well. And while we are at it - most of these tests determine that I am a bot. Some people are really bad at the same things that bots are bad at. Or put differently : how often do you fail captcha checks?