"P I R A T" Will Have To Be Shut Down

He brings up an excellent point, you know.
P I R A T has destroyed a lot of isk. Maybe even as much as the bots within their alliance generate.
This is a marvelous achievement.

Though their ill-gotten-gains are going to what I consider the in-game variant of charity, it does not justify its origin.

While there are some who would see P I R A T removed for the sins of a few well intentioned sinners, I would see the structure of the game changed to allow them to engage in trillions of isk destruction without even inviting the thought of botting to pay for it.

Let NPC corps be vulnerable to wardecs, set a minimum corp size of N, and lower the cost of war.
One will note that this also eliminates the primary protection of highsec ice botters.
Let’s kill two bots with one stone here.

Look, if all it took to bring down any corp/alliance was to get a spy in, have the spy caught engaging in botting, then close the corp down… Well… Many, many, many corps would be closed.
Just because one person or even one group used bots does not mean the whole group should be banned or disband.

3 Likes

There are also problems with this above… The OP assumes without proof that the isk generated by the bots is used to fund the war decs. They have no proof of this. It is only am assumption. Yes, those wars cost isk but there is not one shread of proof showing the bitter put those fund in the corp/alliance and spent it on war decs.

Without that proof, the entire argument falls apart.

1 Like

I am not defending botting. I am arguing against his blinkered view of PvP. His claims regarding new players and destruction causing people to leave is bunk.

The botting is a (perverse) example of emergence given CCP’s various changes in HS regarding wardecs. This doesn’t justify botting but we should be honest and recognize this. Ratcheting up the cost of wardecs was, IMO, a mistake. And note I have rarely been on the side that initiates wardecs prior to joining Amok.

Indeed a very bad outcome. But the blinkered idiots ITT won’t see it, IMO.

Geez, last time I looked this was called a MMORPG not a PVP game. Role playing being the operative term, which implies that all types of play is not only wanted but highly essential in an open world type sandbox role playing game.

??

It’s both, silly.

–Gadget Vs. Gadget

4 Likes

Gadget Vs. Gadgets :congapartyparrot:

…n+1 Gadgets always win. :explodyparrot:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.