Asymmetrical Risk and the Need for Escalation

I did report one of them, he’s still doing it, though with brand new alphas. Like I said, it’s pointless to get them banned, they just make new ones, CCP can’t stop them. Other guy is an old friend, and I see no point.

“Scipio Artelius: Evidence?”

How exactly would you like me to prove it without breaking forum rules?

I enjoyed your salt, premium quality mate…

I rather like it when you lot spit your dummies out when your narrative gets exposed, only nerfs to ganking what a joke!!!

It’s trivial to at least rule out alphas. Just scan one of their fits (or loot one of their wrecks after they explode) and if they are using T2 weapons, you can rule it out. If you see them multiboxing T1-fit ships, that might be a sign that you are correct that they are alphas although they might not be multiboxing. The Burn Jita featured many gank fleets full of alphas which is totally kosher.

Given that that data is often already just on the killboards in the form of them flying stealth bombers or using T2 weapons, it is obvious to see that mostly these multiboxers are using omega accounts. And why wouldn’t they? As was said above skill injectors allow me to multibox as many omega gankers as I can handle for next to no ongoing cost by just also using that account as a skill farm and selling off the SP. Omega gankers are also just so much better in terms of DPS, only a fool would spend the time breaking the rules in such an obvious way and using alphas rather than just setting up a skill point farm and selling the SP once a month to multibox gank for next to no ISK cost and completely legally.

Maybe that ease of multi-boxing gank fleets is a problem, but if it is it seems to me way down the list of the other game balance issues injectors have created. And compared to alpha clones, injectors have had much more of an impact on the balance of the game than free access to gimped accounts which were already in the game (and theoretically abusable by gankers) in the form of the free limited trial.

2 Likes

Without breaking forum rules?

You’re the one who has claimed it, so surely you have proof of your claim. Surely you wouldn’t just be speculating without any factual basis just because it suits an argument you want to make?

There should be no need to break forum rules to prove something you’ve stated so definitely.

For example, if you can show from the lossmails of “most of the multiboxing gankers” that the characters are all flying T1 ships of their own race, fit only with T1 weapons constantly, then you’d have a pretty reasonable argument to start from. But the absence of evidence makes your claim nothing more than the typical, opinion that matches your own bias, wrapped up as though it is real.

2 Likes

I think we can say that there is a definite downward trend in barge ganking.

OMG, I am truly honored. Dracvlad replied. What a wonderful day. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

And to add on to Black Pedro’s point, gankers are quite adept at doing their ganking while -10. No need to risk the ban hammer.

1 Like

i find it very problematic that the ganking scene has been reduced to barges and freighters, and how apparently no one understands that this is a problem.

You don’t get out much? I see many other ships being ganked on a regular basis. T2 and T3 cruisers for examples.

1 Like

Not what i’m saying. Not your fault, though. i shouldn’t be writing comments tired and in such an half assed manner. I didn’t mean to say freighters and barges are all that are being ganked. My perspective was more related to public perception.

I need to research something first, but i’ll get back to this point. Your response to my post made me aware that i’ve dropped some important considerations, and how they relate to the past.

1 Like

Numerically you are correct that the ganking numbers are down. Way down from just a few short years ago.
But I think that adapting to the current metrics (like a few have) provides a stream of profitable ganking loot.
The “low hanging fruit” of ganking miners is in most cases no longer profitable and is probably done for other reasons.

Highsec is entirely too safe. Tthe risk from wardecs can be quite easily mitigated. And other risks are so sparse as to be nearly inconsequential.

2 Likes

The reason is because there is a lot less low hanging fruit, because hisec is as dead as hell, which the OP will find when he gets into it.

He can still can flip if he finds someone dumb enough to jetc can mine it, there are not many, and he goes suspect…
He can suspect bait if he wants but he will find most people ignore him as hisec is a transit point with markets
He can shoot MTU’s and provole the few less controlled players that he may find to react.
He can awox if he joins a corp with the corp friendly fire set to yes, or do it in other space.
He can gank a mining ship, Alpha’s can only use the frigate, but there are enough people around going for yield
He can multibox using shortcuts and other things and gank freighters, don’t forget the fun mechanicsm of bumping.
He can join a war deck group and ply the trade lanes shooting noob ships, shuttles and pods along with the odd dumb 0.0 player who does not check for wars.

Oh the fun of it all, sets my pulse going with excitement…

Sadly he missed out on hyperdunking which was suddenly allowed allowing certain players to make an absolute killing, he also missed all barges and exhumers having the tank of a wet paper bag for two and a half years after the destroyer DPS buff, all massive buffs to ganking.

He will find however that there is not much low hanging fruit because most people in hisec are alts of 0.0 players and that this area of the game is so dead it is funny because what was hisec players gave up on the game completely and he like many of the bitter posters here will find himself desperately looking for an easy way to shoot stuff. He will be bumping soon like the rest… and blaming CCP and CCP are to blame, but not for the reasons he and the other posters here think…

Downward trend in ganking of barges of course, well less people in hisec, less hisec mining (Rorquals anyone) and after the massive buff to destroyers and the loss of so many miners CCP finally gave options (after close to two and a half years of easy kills) to miners to use something that had a tank greater than a wet paper bag. So the little lambs find some miners too tough…

I can confirm that a number of different ships get ganked, one of my corp mates lost a confessor in Uedama a while back.

1 Like

I’m not really sure why anyone thinks high sec needs to be dangerous. High sec is worthless anyway, if players want to live there in peace, let them.

There is plenty of content in low, null and WH space. Maybe those who don’t like the safety of high sec should move out of it else instead of whining about it.

4 Likes

Or maybe those who don’t only care about isk (unlike you), who want to create content for others (unlike you) and those who know why it’s important (unlike you) simply want the game to be like it was, because that actually made it better. you consumer…

1 Like

You are funny! :rofl:

you think that’s funny? read this:

it’s early in the morning and i have to take a break from drinking coffee. no coffee makes yellow be :angry:.

no coffee. :angry::angry::angry:

i don’t even know how long it takes for tolerance to go down again, it’s a strong one and i drank it every day. it started giving me headaches.

:angry::angry::angry:

Totally agree. This is the new player experience. The risk is a lie.

It’s not dangerous even then, I am sad to tell you. It should be, but it just isn’t.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.