EVE Planetary Planner

Sure. I hit 20000000000000 (zeros until it crashed I think). The number had certainly used all the available space on the line(box/number entry part), and I don’t think I ever actually hit enter to ‘apply’ the number as was still pressing 0’s when it crashed. I wasn’t using any separators.

:slight_smile: Cool, as long as you’re aware.

Edit: Patiently waiting for updated HowTo :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Cypr3ss.

We should stop calling this a Beta now since it has most of the features I want in and the older version is not available anymore anyway.

So welcome to Release 8.3

• Fixed potential exception when user clicks on Reverse Lookup after first start of the application
  • Improved error handling on many user input for numeral values (ex: extractor output)
  • Fixed Spaceport and Storage functionality. The ± button now work. Also added Edit.
  • Added an option on the Tools tab to disable the Overlay (the thin lines that make the UI more SciFi-ish). That should help people who have difficulties with eyesight.
1 Like

Quick questions:

(1) how do you use the cache planet drop down?

(2) is there a way where I can survey planets in a system for resource levels and have that information saved which would allow me to slowly fill the planner with the planets in various systems?

Thanks you.

Hello,

Thank you for you interest in my tool.

In order to use the cache planet dropdown, you must first have viewed the planets in the game.

1. Just open the planets, no need to install structures or anything.
  2. After that in my tool go in the ‘Tools’ tab
  3. Make sure the ‘Path to Cache data’ is pointing to the correct location
  4. Click ‘Refresh
  5. Go to the ‘Suggester’ tab.

The list of planets you ‘visited’ in-game should now be available in the dropdown.

If you refreshed the Prices in region (Tools tab), then the ‘People sell at’ should be automatically filled for each of the products you can extract/generate on the planet.

The bottom grid evaluates the price vs complexity to suggest what would be the best thing to do on that planet.

Note that usually it will only show products level 1 (extractors) to 2 (Advanced Industry Facility) as higher products level require import/exports with custom taxes and transit time; both of which impact the value of the final product.
Thus making it harder to ‘predict’ what would be the best use of the planet.

As such, this feature is more intended for people who want to make some isks with minimal investment of isks and time.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. The Planner seems great.

I still cannot get the “Cached Planets” to work.

I logged on a character and viewed all planets in a system several times. I made sure I chose “View Planetary Production.”

I’ve pointed the “Path to Cache data” to various folder folders. Here are the paths I tried:

C:\Users[USER]\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE (causes a crash)

C:\Users[USER]\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\cache

C:\Users[USER]\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\cache\QtWebEngine\Default\Cache

C:\Users[USER]\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\QtWebEngine\Default

C:\Users[USER]\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\c_program_files_(x86)_eve_evesharedcache_tq_tranquility\cache

None of them seem to bring up my cached planets. Not sure If I am choosing the wrong path. I appreciate your help.

According to the official EVE documentation, the path to the cache is

%LOCALAPPDATA%\CCP\EVE\

did you check this folder exists?

I mean, open Windows Explorer, go to this exact path and then copy the FULL path from the navbar on Explorer into my tool.

If that does not work, I am not sure what could happen. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure this is it. You may need to post the info from your application log regarding the crash if you’re constantly seeing that happen.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

Do you happen to know where that log is or what the name of the log is? I tried to find an obvious one (crash log or any other file with the name “log”) but could not find it. Thanks.

I think he meant the log of my Tools.
Do you see something when it fails?
Or it just plain crashed?

I might still have an exception running wild somewhere.
I’ll try to reproduce the problem and prevent the crash.
After that it might give us more insight into why it crashed for you.

1 Like

Ahh, sorry, I was referring to Windows Application log. You can access this by using: Windows Key + R
and typing: eventvwr
into the box, then hitting enter. Then expand out “Windows Logs” and click on “Application”.

You may need to scroll a bit to find the entry, it will have a little red icon next to it with an “Error” level. You should see something similar to my post earlier in the thread where I list two crashes I encountered.
Application: EVEPlanetaryPlanner.exe
Followed by a bunch of information.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

Thank you both.

@Cypr3ss_Deteis Thanks for the detailed shortcut. I was able to find the log file with the error. I am sending it to Ideki.

@Ideki When it fails, the news screen stops scrolling, the whole program locks up, and then it crashes to desktop. No errors window or other prompt. I will send you the logs via EVE mail not to clutter up this post.

1 Like

8.3.1 is available.

• Fixed an issue parsing cache for planets

Thanks a lot to @Cukogra for your help.
Would not have found that one without you.

1 Like

Why would you invest all that energy into making such a wonderful tool for a game that is thankless. CCP do not care and only care about your money.

1 Like

I had a 48 planet chain over 8 characters in a cl4…it’s really not that hard to maxiumize profits. I made a simple spreadsheet. P4’s exploded when citadels came out…sold for 3.6 mill…wonder what now? Still paid for my 3 acounts with all pimp stuff…burned me out however.

wetware mainframes*

@Natocha_Daisy I did it for the fun of it. :grin:

To see if I could figure out the way PI worked when the pins refresh, how the products flow from pin to pin with time, how it handles the overflow…
It was just a fun experiment at first.
Then when it proved that my ideas worked, I just figured I could share it to other people who don’t like to deal with spreadsheets.
If people liked it, good; if not, who cares.
I do not get upset because people don’t want to use my tools. I just take it as a hint that my tool is not good enough and I should improve it.

So I do not see it as energy invested being wasted on a thankless game.
I see it as me having fun coding something that some people find useful enough to give me isks for.
And I think that with the couple billion isks I got for tips, some people out there like it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Take the look’n’feel of my tool for example. The old version was a simple gray-Windows-rectangle app (really ugly :nauseated_face:).
But what mattered to me was that it worked.
Then I decided that since EVE is a Sci-Fi game I would give my tool a Sci-Fi look. Once again, it was not a waste of time, I did it for fun, and I improved my UI/UX designing skill, learned new coding technics and such.

You want to know the funniest part of it all?
I haven’t done PI in more than a year. :laughing:
Yet I still have ideas for the tool that I work on from time to time.

Beside what kind of developer would I be if I was to release a software and not support/improve it afterward? :confused:
It is true that there has been long stretch of time without me updating/fixing it. But that’s because my family has priority (I am a father of 2 young kids) and I work on this tool on my spare time (when I have some) when I feel like it.

Beside, CCP do care. I do believe that they ‘stole’ a couple of my ideas when they updated PI last time (or maybe our ideas just aligned but I implemented them a couple of years before) :laughing:

5 Likes

I love the tool! (but)
Login through the tool doesn’t seem to work with MFA enabled. Maybe you could just outsource it to the normal webpage instead of wrapping it ? Would also have the added benefit of making the call look less dubious.

Also, is there a way to import planet data for a given system ?
for instance from Eveplanets J141857

Hi,

What do you mean import planet data?

Like seeing the amount of p0 available on the planet?
If so, you just need to look at the planet ingame, then Refresh the Cache in the tool.
That will import the planet data.

If you mean importing your setup, you need to register you api, then your planets should be available to view in the Planets Plan.

Otherwise you will have to tell me a bit more about what you want it to be and I’ll see what I can do.

As for the login, I am not sure what you mean, I need the webpage to open in the tool, otherwise I will not receive the access token once you have logged in,

1 Like

Problem is I can’t register an API as the 2 factor auth doesn’t process through your solution for some reason.

I’m pretty sure you don’t need to wrap the webpage in the tool. Any call to the EVE login web page should result in EVE’s SSO sending a GET request to your application’s defined callback URL containing the query parameters. That can happen in any browser.

Anyway, all up to you of course, just saying that I’m having issues.

K, I’ll try to see if I can get it to work around that way.

1 Like