jEveAssets 7.8.1 (2023-10-18)

@Golden_Gnu

First, thanks for jEVEAssets… :slight_smile:

My Alpha Char doing Resource Wars has been getting the following error since 5.0.x and the LifeBlood expansion…

ESI > Journal > Synodos Lunastice
Error Code 500

… and the error log shows Java Exception:

ERROR: [pool-45-thread-99] net.nikr.eve.jeveasset.io.shared.AbstractGetter - ESI Journal failed to update for: Synodos Lunastice ERROR: 500
net.troja.eve.esi.ApiException: {"error":"uncaught exception"}
	at net.troja.eve.esi.ApiClient.invokeAPI(ApiClient.java:778)
	at net.troja.eve.esi.api.WalletApi.getCharactersCharacterIdWalletJournal(WalletApi.java:166)
	at net.nikr.eve.jeveasset.io.esi.EsiJournalGetter$2.get(EsiJournalGetter.java:74)
	at net.nikr.eve.jeveasset.io.esi.EsiJournalGetter$2.get(EsiJournalGetter.java:71)
	at net.nikr.eve.jeveasset.io.shared.AbstractGetter$IdUpdater.update(AbstractGetter.java:451)
	at net.nikr.eve.jeveasset.io.shared.AbstractGetter$IdUpdater.update(AbstractGetter.java:437)
	at net.nikr.eve.jeveasset.io.esi.AbstractEsiGetter.updateApi(AbstractEsiGetter.java:102)
	at net.nikr.eve.jeveasset.io.esi.AbstractEsiGetter.updateApi(AbstractEsiGetter.java:121)
	at net.nikr.eve.jeveasset.io.shared.AbstractGetter.updateIDs(AbstractGetter.java:409)
	at net.nikr.eve.jeveasset.io.esi.EsiJournalGetter.get(EsiJournalGetter.java:71)
	at net.nikr.eve.jeveasset.io.esi.AbstractEsiGetter$EsiUpdater.update(AbstractEsiGetter.java:319)
	at net.nikr.eve.jeveasset.io.esi.AbstractEsiGetter$EsiUpdater.update(AbstractEsiGetter.java:315)
	at net.nikr.eve.jeveasset.io.esi.AbstractEsiGetter.updateApi(AbstractEsiGetter.java:102)
	at net.nikr.eve.jeveasset.io.esi.AbstractEsiGetter.updateApi(AbstractEsiGetter.java:121)
	at net.nikr.eve.jeveasset.io.esi.AbstractEsiGetter.run(AbstractEsiGetter.java:80)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

… thanks in advance for your continued support of our community.

Knic o7

@Knicpaw
Thank you for your bug report. The error is directly from ESI,.
I have reported the bug on ESI issue page: Bug: Character Journal uncaught exception
Hopefully they will be able to fix it soon. They’re very responsive with bug fixes.

1 Like

jEveAssets 5.0.3 released

New Features:
-Location Settings
-Export/Import ESI Keys

Bug Fixes:
-Fixed the bugs introduced in 5.0.2

Code:
-Optimized update of dynamic values (Asset Names/Prices/Locations)

1 Like

@Golden_Gnu Thanks - the combined shopping list does exactly what I need!

1 Like

jEveAssets 5.0.4 released

Bug Fixes:
-Industry jobs was missing reactions activity (Failed update)
-Tracker related crash bugs
-Structure update failed on Java 9
-Citadels was being incorrectly marked
-Profiles was not being saved on shown change
-Workaround for crash bug with BugID: 492 (Java Bug)
-Fixed problem with Industry Jobs locations

Changed:
-Better GUI for the structure update

Code:
-Update jFreeChart to 1.0.19

1 Like

Hi.
After migrating all accounts and while updating data have “contracts error 420” and some of expired and already deleted contracts still have “outstanding” status.
Anyway i can solve it?
Thanx

@Andre_Iv
Thank you for your bug report.

420:
That is a ESI bug, I got a reply from CCP yesterday, with that info I will be able to implement a workaround for the bug (rate limit the requests). As soon as I have finished the workaround I will release a new version (It may be a few days depending on how much time I have to work on jEveAssets and how hard it is to fix - I hope to get it done no later than this weekend).

Invalid status:
I took a quick look at the code and that didn’t reveal any bugs. I will look into it in detail when I have fixed the 420, as they may or may not be related.

2 Likes

Btw, i have the same issue in another popular eve software after migrating to ESI.

@Andre_Iv
One question (just to make sure): Are you getting the error on contract items or contracts?
If it’s on contracts, it’s a new error I’m not aware of, if that is the case, please, send me the log.
There are instructions on the wiki

1 Like

@Golden_Gnu Hi , can i make route with structures(flying between agents) using EveAssets? And how i can load my new route to game fast , if i have them too many

The problem with contract status (in my case with courier contracts), some of expired (and already deleted) contracts and some completed have status “outstanding”.
Error message: ESI > Contract Items > “Corp Name”, Error Code: 420
Trading contracts (item exchange) seems to be ok.
The new re-created courier contracts shown too.
Sorry for english.

@Andre_Iv

That is the info I needed, thanks. This will be fixed in the next release.
It will be very slow to update contract items, though (it’s rate limited by CCP).

I will look into the outstanding problem too. Thank you for reporting both problems.

@Marshall_Prime
The jEveAssets route finder is used to find the fastest route between multiple systems.
It’s on the ToDo list to implement the ESI UI endpoints (to set the route in-game).

2 Likes

@Golden_Gnu Will wait that feature)) do you know tools which can do those things? (esi ui endpoints) )

@Marshall_Prime
There is a list of eve tools: https://github.com/devfleet/awesome-eve/blob/master/README.md
There may be some tools that does what you need :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Golden_Gnu Thanks! I will search and i hope ill find something , but anyway i will waiting when you make jEveAssets with route loading+base flying , didnt see any tool with such opportunity , will see in this link , ty

upd. Nothing here :frowning: Feelsbadman no tools with route planner+base

jEveAssets 5.0.5 released

Bug Fixes:
-Contracts was missing names/locations after update
-420 in corporation contract items (rate limit)
-Industry Job reactions was not being marked correctly

Changed:
-Updated the help menu to be more helpful

Code:
-Updated eve-esi to 1.4.4
-Optimized filtering (with cache)

2 Likes

Today have a new bug.
Can’t see ship on logoffed characters in assets, only fit (in assets list), only “unknow location” and the list of modules (fit).

Update:
It’s seems CCP problem, in other software the same problem.

P.S. - thanks for contract fix

@Andre_Iv
It’s indeed an ESI issue.
I’m currently waiting for CCP to make a decision on the issue.
Once a decision have been made I will try to work around it.

2 Likes

Thank you for quick reply.
Seems it pretty old bug, wondering why i don’t catch it before.

Solve the problem by switching some accounts from ESI to old API.

@Andre_Iv
It only happens when your active ship is in space.
After some consideration, I decided to implement the workaround now, instead of waiting for CCP to make a decision. It may be wasted effort in the long run, if CCP decide to include the active ship in assets again, but, getting a solution now is important too.
I can see how disruptive it is to be missing an asset, even worse it will often be a capital ship.
I can’t promise a ETA for when it will be done and crash bug reports will take priority over this, but, I already started working on it, so, if all goes well I will be able to release it sometime next week.

Thank you for your continued feedback. :slight_smile:

4 Likes