jEveAssets 7.8.1 (2023-10-18)

Is there a user guide/manual/instructions? I saw the readme but that is more just configuration instructions, not really how to use the program. Some of it makes sense but just not sure about some things. Like is it possible to just check the reprocessing value of items that aren’t in your inventory? Like if you wanted to know the reprocessing for a few random modules on the market or whatever.

Otherwise great program so far, just wish I knew how to use all the bells and whistles

Could you please discuss the various time limits in place for updates? I understand that these are in place to prevent abuse of the the APIs, and of course that’s totally appropriate and welcome.

What kind of data is retrieved for the “ESI > Account” update? Is this where market transactions and wallet data are updated?

I have 4 toons, and I’m having trouble getting jEve to update them all regularly. Sometimes one of more of them will hit a cache limit, even though I always update simultaneously.

Thanks!

This may happen if you use different programs retrieving same data on a long cache limit.

I’m using only jEve, and the Eve client itself.

@Caffeine_Coma
Don’t worry about the account update being cached, It can only be updated once a day, but, the info is not really important, unless you changed corporation. Everything else have 1 hour or less cache time.

The cache times are set by CCP, if you update before that, you will get no new data, just the same (cached) result as last update,

Hi all,

first i love this program and it helps me a lot. thanks for this !!!

Now i have a question. When i am looking on the stockpile table there is a line showing up a price.
What is this for a price ?
because i look for a Average buy price but i only found it in the Transaction tabel.

how you folks look up easily the Average Price ?

thx for your informatin and sorry for my bad englisch

Ah OK, having only 1 hour cache time for the majority of data is more than adequate. I thought that “ESI > Account” encompassed the market transactions, etc. But if it’s merely corporation-related data, then I certainly don’t need more than a daily update.

Thanks!

Hello.
Modules fitted or placed in ships, which placed in capital ship hangars have “unknown location”

1 Like

@Mystic_Dealer
Thank you for your bug report, I have a few questions about this:
Is the capital ship included in your assets and is the docked ship included in your assets?
Is the docked ship and capital ship on the same character?

1 Like

This capital ships not docked, It’s in space, they included in assets.
Same character.

P.S. - I have no idea what’s happens, when i launch jeveassets today all locations looks fine (no unknown locations)

P.S.2 - After im updated data “unknown locations” appears again. Then im re-launched jeveassets and locations looks correct again. So this issue for some reason triggered after data update.

1 Like

@Mystic_Dealer
That sounds very strange, indeed!
I would like to review your logs: Bug Reports on the Wiki
To see if there is any errors when you update.

1 Like

@Mystic_Dealer
Replied to your email

1 Like

When trying to re-authorize my characters, process of doing so gets stuck with “validating” text message, once “authorize” button is pressed.
No browser window opens.
Any hints?
I get same issue when trying to add new character.

@Johny_Rambo
It should open a webpage in your browser.
It should also fail and just show your the url, if Java is not able to open the browser.
So, I’m not really sure what the problem may be, so here is some questions:
What OS are your using? And what version of Java? Where did you download Java from?
And what is your standard browser? Was the browser closed when you tried to authorize?

Yeah, I know how it should work, I did it multiple times in the past and hence my surprised face it does not work as expected :slight_smile:
I am using Firefox on Windows 10, browser is running all the time, standard Oracle’s java (version 8, update 291)
I get this when I click authorize:

@Johny_Rambo
My only suggestion based on that, would be to restart jEveAssets, if that doesn’t work, restart firefox, and if that fails as well, restart windows.
If none of that works, send me a bug report with the log: How to report a bug and I will see if that helps with debugging it.

jEveAssets 6.9.0 released

New Features:
-As complete a restore at relaunch as possible (Issue #216) [Dultas]
-Formula Columns (Issue #45)
-Added evecookbook.com to the lookup menu
-Added locationID column to the Assets tool (Issue #257)

Changed:
-Made Midpoint price fallback on a single price if one of the prices is zero

Code:
-Updated eve-esi library to version 4.4.0

Bug Fixes:
-NPE from IndustryJob.getProductTypeID() (BugID: 901, 921)
-Fix non extended sql inserts not working [Dultas]
-SQL export doubles now use 2 decimals (Issue #252) [Dultas]
-Active ships 2nd+ level children didn’t have the right locationID
-Partial fix for TaskDialog never being garbage collected

1 Like

jEveAssets 6.9.1 released

Changed:
-Removed zKillboard/HammerTime structure update (Both are dead)

Code:
-Simplified SettingsUpdateListener calls

Bug Fixes:
-NPE in ColumnManager (BugId: 941, 947)
-Filter logic is not updated when switching between numeric/string/date columns
-Fixed IllegalArgumentException in JFormulaDialog (BugId: 944)
-Loading filter with formula/jump column crashes jEveAssets (BugId: 943, 942)
-Restoring current filter failed for filters with formula/jump columns
-Fixed StringIndexOutOfBoundsException in JFormulaDialog (BugID: 946)

1 Like

jEveAssets 6.9.2 released

Bug Fixes:
-NullPointerException in ExportDialog (BugId: 948, 949)
-Fixed Formula columns export
-Export column selection list not enabled when selected after restart