Little things / Small QoL suggestions

1. image
  2. Use EVEMon already.

if i dont show it on login, i have to do even one click more.

Suggestion: Tick on SKIN icons to show if already have/activated

Keywords: ui, inventory, market
Note: Useful not buying dupes or sorting out ones for sale. ie. Project Discovery “Exoplanets” rewards tend to be a lot of duplicates.

1 Like

Suggestion: Ability to jump from Command Center to Space Ports in PI interface

Keywords: ui, PI, quality of life
Note: Click on focus Command Center also focus the Space Ports

When I am looking at my PI planets, I often have to rotate it quite a lot to find where my structures are since I have to move them from time to time because of the hotspot migration. So that eventually my structures are nowhere near my command center.
There is already a button to focus on the command center. Can you make it so that clicking on that button cycles through the list of Command Center and Spaceports on the planet?
That would save everyone doing PI a LOT of time.
I would prefer a popup with the list of structures, but I can settle for just jumping from structure to structure.

6 Likes

I would also like to see this, sometimes it is hard to find all your structures on the planet.

We should rearrange the station panel to be more efficient.

1. Put “View Outside”, “Undock”, and “Take Control” as square boxes arranged horizontally where “View Outside” is today.
  2. Put “Board by Corvette” and all of the services into a drop down box.

We need drug boosters for miners :slight_smile:

Been a while since this was posted, but it’s still a great suggestion…

Dedicated icons on the inventory windows for “Stack All”, “Select All”, “Invert Selection”.

EVE is very “right-click” intensive.

4 Likes

How about reducing the number of right-clicks involved in PI ?
The planets window appears to be just a display showing the 6 planetary colonies.
All interaction with this window is in the form of a Right-Click submenu.

How about dedicated buttons on each planet in the planets window for “Access Customs Office”, “Warp to Customs Office” and “View Planet” ?

Would really cut down on the right-clicking.

3 Likes

ctrl-A handles select all without needing to right click, but… yes yes yes to the other two. ;D

I’d like to have one less inventory window, though.
Right now, there’s 3:

• one that opens from menu in station;
  • one that opens from menu in space;
  • one that opens from cargo button in space.

All 3 have different settings. This is frustrating.

Suggestion: Remove the shitty bloom.

It’s ■■■■. It’s not adding anything aesthetically. It’s one of those things that are being added because it’s a thing that’s being added anywhere, with zero regards if it actually makes sense and looks pleasing. Pro Tip: It ■■■■■■■ doesn’t.

Your whole post processing “high” settings are ■■■■■■■■ and of less quality than your medium settings.

Hell, look at this thing:

It’s a pepsi can from the inside and it’s pissing off my sense for aesthetics, which is highly developed.

Is this supposed to be looking good? There’s not even a real life justification for this. There is no fog,
so how is it possible we can see this shitty pile of light? It isn’t. Bloom is ■■■■■■■■.

4 Likes

Suggestion: Remove reduntant skill requirements
Keywords: UI, items, skills

Items can require multiple skills of which multiple skills can require same skills multiple times.
As a result the skill requirement tab on item info will list same skills multiple times.

Example: ‘Excavator’ mining drone

So many duplicate skills:

• Mining II
  • Mining II
  • Mining IV
  • Mining Drone Operation I
  • Mining Drone Operation V
  • Drones I
  • Drones I
  • Drones I

With the duplicates removed the skill requirements would be listed as

• Mining Drone Specialization I
    • Mining Drone Operation V
      • Drones I
    • Mining IV

This is much more compact and gives the information in more clear manner.

While it is technically possible to operate this item with only Mining Drone I (grandfathered Mining Drone Specialization skill. Not applicable here but applies to some ship hulls). Same technicality applies to the other prerequirements of the directly required skills.
Grandfathered skills are rare enough that the UI doesn’t need to reflect that edgecase.

4 Likes

you missed a Mining II, it’s actually 3 of those, 3 of the Drones Is… jesus…

Excellent point. I think the threaded duplicates are mostly due to skill additions and requirement changes over the years and nobody cleaning up the requirements tab, but… this would actually be better for new players than all the module tiericide and renaming, IMO.

1 Like

Another suggestion for the partially sighted people of which I am one.

Can you make the portrait section in the local chat window have the characters portraitbackground with the colour of your standings please? So Green for Corp Blue for Good and Red for BAD.
I cannot see the little tiny icon let alone its colour as it stands. By adding this larger visual queue to the local channel I can easily work out who is who.

Secondly another suggestion. (this might fall into bug but we shall see)

If you are typing in any chat window as you dock the focus of the chat immediately switches to local.
So for example if I am typing in corp as I dock then half the sentence ends up in the local text entry section. This is rather annoying.

4 Likes

Requirements tab is generated. While I can see benefit in some trimming on that tab, especially for some industrial items, I don’t see much of a disadvantage either.

Definitely file it as a bug. Record video of it, if you can.

Suggestion: Add numbers next to blueprints indicating their researched ME and TE levels

Keywords: ui, industry

Note: Useful for quickly scanning over blueprints in hangars

So something like this:
BP research

5 Likes

Has been said multiple times that this data is not readily available.

Suggestion: Ammo Color Change
Keywords: UI, Ammo
Note: It would be a massive improvement if you can always ID ammo by eye, as for example Gleam/multi, void/antimatter look exactly the same loaded, but it makes a rather large difference in how the guns for those. The same goes for missiles, its impossible to know by eye which missile type (faction, rage, jav) you have loaded by eye.

5 Likes