New way of defending citadels

If your Astrahus doesn’t cut it, upgrade to a fort or keepstar and move out of high sec. Structures can be defended just fine and the defense force is already at an advantage due to TiDI being TiDi that doesn’t affect repair timers.

And yes, this means that a force big enough will stomp your 10 man defense fleet. If you can’t handle that, bring more people and if you don’t have enough people, well. Too bad, get more people. Recruit and/or pay them.

If you can’t defend a citadel, then you don’t deserve one in the first place and you really should have it getting killed. It’s not like you don’t have time to do so.

So, respectfully: The issue is not the cita being weak. The issue is that logis are too strong in such scenarios. Whether “too strong” is true is open for discussion, but making citadels even beefier than they are already will make the game worse for everyone. If you ever fought over a keepstar, you know why.

If you would have played eve for a while, you would also know that your suggestion would only be abused by single players with alt armies and big alliances.

I think that when Citadels are close enough together they should have automatic flights of patrol craft moving between each station that would act according to the standings assigned to Capsuleer or Alliance.

Could only be used in Low or Null Sec.

2 Likes

well they will if they loose the structure…

it happens to me too… lol people are just so thick then they call you retarded… lmao… facepalm

Lots of what could be called mentally ill people around, who seem to lose awareness about of emotions, not realizing that they seem to be releasing them on the forums. It is … interesting … and disturbing. More so the apparent “rationalizing” of absolutely dumb behaviour than the dumb behaviour itself.

I feel like the OP has raised an interesting argument here! Good job!

I havent had to defend my citadel yet… in fact I dont think there is much way to do so, for anyone that is, without a fleet. This isnt really an issue of what force is larger or stronger or has what ship config nor is it about the numbers. its about the game mechanics and its design and how citadels are at risk as soon as they are deployed. just like undocking in your ship, consider it a loss. I feel this should change. we are talking about a station here. it should be rather difficult to destroy a station. but its not. and its designed this way to feed the personality types that are here to do just that, destroy stuff.

What can CCP do to change this? listen… you can listen. listen to the players and encourage the conversation. There will be groups that argue to keep it the way it is cause its easy to sit back over a beer and f1 the doomed corps assets to dust… or there will be folks who wish there was a better way to defend everything they own in the game. Im not sure how CCP feels about the risk vs risk… you need a fleet to fight a fleet. a citadel should be able to survive a pretty stout attack. but can it do this indefinitely? no… we have timers for this now. but I feel the OP made a good point, what about smaller corps who cant field that fleet? well the end game just says, well you loose it… you loose it because you deployed it and the mechanics dont allow another means to protect your assets. I feel this is wrong. or could be improved. if done correctly it will encourage game play and coop on both sides.

There should be a cap on scaling with logis… just like there is a dps cap on the citadel itself. stacking penalties should apply, could be that simple.

for the citadel, the seating idea is cool. If you are a small corp but have say 6 characters, you should be able to defend your structure vs a 100 man gang. why? because its a ■■■■■■■ structure and there are people defending it, … I think its silly, I see 2-6 man gangs taking down fortizars and azbels… lol im like really? thats like a deathstar of a fleet of oracles man… I feel somehow this mechanics could be improved.

for a large gang, 50 seated pilots adding up its defenses could potentially give the citadel a chance but if its too much it would be way overpowered and soon youll need titans and doomsdays to take down a fortizar or a keepstar. as if they dont already blap them with those ship currently but it could change the playing field to where the citadels defenses are too strong. they too should have stacking penalties perhaps… or a limited number of seats only stack…

What from the perspective of a solo ceo with his alts in a wh or high sec or low sec doing his own thing… can he have a chance to defend his citadel? you got small gang, large gang, and solo play to consider. if you seek to keep things balanced. Should citadels get a bonus to defense because it in a certain security status system? so, high sec anchored structures are not affected, but wh and null sec are affected most, just a slight bonus to defense or offense… or you can do it the other way too… but i think that would give high sec a bit OP on their structures…

good food for thought, just tossing ideas out and supporting the general idea of the OP without bashing his idea… isnt that difficult guys… some folks need to learn to be OPEN MINDED and allow others to have their own ideas and expression as well, because basically, you have that right too.

One thought I’ve had before is why not give citadels command ship capabilities? This way you aren’t increasing their direct fire power, but you are making them a true force multiplier for any defence fleet on grid.

1 Like

this is pretty interesting… id like to hear more details on how this works if you dont mind

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.