Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

I know that’s not true.

2 Likes

But you help make my killboard green by dropping all of those structures in or near our space.

1 Like

Not nearly as many as you guys dropped last week. How’d that go? :wink:

1 Like

You’re right that didn’t go how we planned but we did online that Keepstar that you apparently forgot to show up to kill. And how many times did we keep you from destroying that Guristas Soyoto with Cormorants?

1 Like

Not a clue. You can tell it’s a priority of ours, right?

1 Like

I do love the braggatry that some seem to display about killing anything Goons, or simply stopping those of you stemming the Blood Raider infestation in Delve amusing. It reminds me of flies buzzing around livestock. Annoying, yes, but not annoying enough to cause any actual problems.

3 Likes

If Mr Liberator and Ms Arrendis didn’t have their back-and-forths on a semi regular basis, I’d assume I was in the wrong universe.

2 Likes

Moving this here…

And that, too, is a reaction. Getting angry at someone for being (in your opinion) wrong is a reflection of who you are, not them. Everyone’s wrong sometimes. Being mad at them for being something, whether being a moralizer and demagogue or a slaver, is really a reaction to internal displeasure.

For example, when I get mad at Aria for defending slavers, I’m getting angry because I haven’t been able to right what I see as an injustice in the cluster. I’m mad at my inability to make the change I feel needs to be made, and externalizing that onto Aria as the representation of that inability: If I were able to enact that change, Aria wouldn’t be a reminder of the things that I don’t like.

3 Likes

Stunning self-insight. Now, use it to stop making her problems about yours.

1 Like

Yes, I agree. There’s no magic that words have that can “force” one to be or do anything. How one internalizes the words determines one’s reaction. In fact, I’m of the opinion that Ms. Jenneth is strong enough a person that for someone to claim that your words forced her to become something is not only ridiculous, but demeans Ms. Jenneth a bit too.

I was actually trying to sum up North’s statement and I hopefully did so correctly.

1 Like

The whole point is that her problems are her problems. Only she can decide what they’re about. Only she can decide what she’s going to let get to her. I can’t ‘stop making her problems about [mine]’, because I can’t make them about mine in the first place. Thus ‘we could never fix one another’.

Just like I can’t fix the things in you that you don’t like that make you irritated with me right now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Restating:

So do you think that war is inevitable now? That the cluster will burn in a violent cataclysm of ideologies?

1 Like

Yes.

The long screeds written on the IGS boil down to a simple truth. Aria has taken up arms to defend those she loves. These people she loves are under attack because they enslave, brutalise and kill those that we love.

Until our people are released, there is war. The Federation would fight to release its people in the same situation. The State already fights for its people and its home planet in much less straightened circumstances. I would be willing to bet the Amarr, were our places reversed, would fight for their own loved ones as we fight for ours.

Peace is not at all difficult. Set our loved ones free.

2 Likes

And that’s fine on your end. If someone else takes it upon themselves to proclaim themselves your protector, they’re still obligated to themselves to fulfill that role.

2 Likes

Well, you’re not the person that I was asking. That’s alright though.

To which part, war being inevitable, war raging across the cluster, or both?

Aria has taken up arms to defend those she loves. These people she loves are under attack because they enslave, brutalise and kill those that we love.

You state this is a simple truth, but is this a tautology or is there meaning here? Further, the one’s Ms. Jenneth loves may be associated by race with those that do these things, but not necessarily do it themselves. There is the issue of enabling though and many of these individuals may, in fact, be guilty of that. Right now Ms. Jenneth seems angry; Ms. Jenneth is angry at the man who’s threatening her people, angry at Minmatar associates and perhaps angry, dare I suggest it, at the Amarr. Ms. Jenneth is in a tough spot right now and will need to figure some things out.

Until our people are released, there is war.

I get that. War is a tool to get what is needed and is sometimes necessary. My point is not to judge, I’m just hoping that a way might yet be found to prevent needless deaths and suffering while still achieving freedom for Minmatar slaves in Amarr, which is also causing needless deaths and suffering.

You’re right, it’s not difficult at all. Yet somehow, humans make it so anyhow. If we were the rational, sympathetic beings we claim we are this not only would have happened already, but slavery wouldn’t even be an issue. There’s too many vested interests of powerful parties on all sides and little focus and discussion on how humans should be treating other humans. At least, this is part of the problem.

1 Like

No, hardly. Some fighting must occur, yes, to purge the worst perpetrators of crimes on both sides, but never should entire populations be destroyed. Such tactics are measures of selfish expedience and are never justified.

2 Likes

Thank you for clarifying. It read to me as if you were giving up, and that didn’t make sense to me.

1 Like

Planning for peace is hand in hand with preparing for war. Only trick to it is knowing when the war is over before its too late. One can only hope both sides are on the same mind set.

2 Likes

You are in danger of Aria’s fate: trying at each turn not to judge and eventually discovering you are forced to judgement after all. If you believe any of the principles associated with the Federation - perhaps even more so as Intaki - you have to take a stand on slavery as evil. That stand immediately puts you with the Matari people against the slavers in Amarr. Sitting on the fence does not make you an honest broker, it makes you complicit in evil. Aria has finally discovered this.

Every other nation in New Eden has come to the rational conclusion that slavery is evil and has outlawed it. Amarr holds it sacred to their identity. That is the problem. If they wanted to enslave each other, one might be tempted to leave them to it. But they don’t. The Amarr don’t inflict the ‘benefits’ of slavery on themselves (I wonder why - oh, no I don’t) but on others. The other conversation demonstrated that even the ‘peacemakers’ won’t give this concept up, under any circumstances.

It’s not ‘humans’ as a whole making this difficult, it’s the Amarr specifically. Everyone else (bar those groups we all designate as pirates and outlaws and hunt down in the name of justice) deplores slavery.

I would urge you Tannia, as a rational person, to take a stand against slavery. We need people like you in the Federation to help it re-discover its own principles of freedom and oppose Amarr forcefully. It would be far better for the cluster if your government stopped its pointless persecution of the Caldari people and actually brought power to bear on the true evil, that of slavery.

You might find that Amarr, faced with such a daunting prospect, might undergo something of a ‘conversion’ itself. If so, the State and the Federation both could show the Empire how to operate a modern economy without the need for slavery, for example. The Federation might even show them how to operate in a multi-faith environment.

Biut none of these peaceable developments can happen while our people are cruelly abused and enslaved. As I said, no-one else would accede to this if it were their family. Why are we expected to leave our brothers and sisters to perish in chains when you would not?

3 Likes

That’s not actually true, though. It’s a common criminal punishment, and often extends to a disgraced person’s entire immediate family. Sinjin Mokk (formerly a House Khanid Holder a hundred or so names down the line of succession) found that out to his pretty considerable cost a few years ago when he re-joined the Angel Cartel. I guess the first time he’d been working undercover or something; the second, it was unsanctioned. Apparently some of his family made it to Curse; probably the others are scrubbing floors somewhere in the Kingdom these days.

Or … well, maybe writing letters and so on. I could see a Holder not wanting to let a royal House education go to waste.

1 Like