Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

Shame.

It was a good policy.

3 Likes

Sometimes you are so hung up on the literal truth of legends, little sister, that you miss the whole point of spirituality.

1 Like

Maybe so, but I don’t have to place faith or really argue the fact threir parents had parents and so on. Who created everything is irrelevant in the present time since all is said and done.

You can consider it some agnostic philosophy or what ever, but what I’m at least trying to say is if tomorrow you got the answer, from God itself even, would it change anything? You have proof a deity created this world, would that allow you to make worlds yourself? If it wanted to be openly praised wouldn’t it make it more apparent that this deity was at the source? Your faith isn’t exactly a bad thing, for you that is. I won’t try and say it’s bad, what I will say is if your proven right, exactly what would it accomplish? You can be greatfull without devoting every bit of yourself to it If whatever created you wanted you to praise it to this extent wouldn’t it give you a clear sign? If not, is it not possible that it wants you to not waste it’s gift of free will to focus on making the best of it’s gift without restrictions, only following simple common decency (such as not harming it’s other creations, ect)? Maybe it is a little agnostic thinking, I simply don’t see why it would make anything different.

1 Like

Suuolo?

Ah-- can you maybe not use “half-breed” as an insult, or a component in an insult, even if it’s only specifically to insult someone who’ll take it as insulting?

It’s … I realize it’s not rare. Most of the State would probably regard it as fair game. And I try not to be sensitive to it, while Ms. Kim definitely is.

But.

Just, please?

4 Likes

I do not find it difficult to believe that there exists an entity that the Amarr worship, it is the nature of that entity that is in question. How can their god and sefrim( or however you call them) be anything other than evil spirits bent on corruption and domination?

2 Likes

That is an interesting take. I like it.

I think I’ll adopt the same view of their god-figure and its minions.

1 Like

I’ll just leave this here: The legend of the Nameless God

2 Likes

You stopped being Caldari a long time ago, suuolo. At present, I would think you’re about as Caldari as I am. (This is a good thing.)

Kim on the other hand is about a rabid a twatwaffle as anyone I have ever met regarding the State. I can only assume she’s compensating for something, and I am long since past caring. I thought of her once as a friendly sort, but not anymore. So, I felt the need to remind her that she would always be one level above trash in the State.

(Yes, the irony is thick.)

However, out of respect for you, suuolo, I won’t use it again.

6 Likes

The point is to love and serve God.

He has.

Though still wrong and blasphemous, this is a step up from what you were professing before.

2 Likes

That is one way to express it. “To find your Fate and fulfill it” is another.

1 Like

Thanks, Ali. Your insights aren’t wrong. Just …

… just because I don’t really think of myself as Caldari doesn’t mean it’s not a sore spot, if that makes sense? Mother’s people (rural Achura) seem to have a little bit the same issue, though from a slightly different angle. So it kind of cuts coming and going.

And I do still consider myself an Achur, so, there’s that.

2 Likes

Well, there’s always half-born, mongrel, dirtblood, freak, impure, to name a few of the more common and popular euphemisms for the products of moral and ethnic deviancy among Caldari.

While I can understand the appeal of non-procreative intimacy between different bloodlines, actual progeny of ethnic admixture between Caldari and others is still rather disgusting. Especially given the range of contraceptive options available to prevent such unfortunate miscegenation by corporate health care.

1 Like

I thought that was ‘Veiki’…

4 Likes

Ethical deviancy would be me.

What’s this about me now?

Someone thinks you need permission to walk around wearing a vest. Arrendis disagrees.

Who cares what she agrees or disagrees with? She’s just a goon, outcast, lawless space dweller and bandit*.

*Banditism - organizing a consistent ARMED group of people (band) for illegal attacks on individuals or organizations, as well as leading a band, being a member of a band or participation in operations conducted by a band even without being an official member of that band.

You should hear our brass section. They are amazing.
Our woodwinds need a better second clarinet, though.

1 Like

It’s always the clarinets.

I care. Whatever Arrendis’s faults are, it is still my holy duty to proselytize at her until she embraces the Amarr religion(s), or the End Times arrive.

Lesser missionaries may give up and say someone is irredeemable, but I shall never give up.

Surely you must appreciate that.

3 Likes