Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

I would never do such a thing, Madame Logistics Director.

Please stop slandering this C̶a̶l̶d̶a̶r̶i̶ ̶O̶f̶f̶i̶c̶e̶r̶ House Sarum Retainer immediately!

Otherwise I will be forced to duel you. (And I don’t even remember where I left my NOH Pocket-Monster cards. Besides, I cannot take them out of their protective enclosure, their value might decrease.)

1 Like

Well at least you got it wrong this time. :stuck_out_tongue: GSOL is Tuzy. I’m Fittings.

2 Likes

Yes, but, you do Logistics. Real Logistics. Not freighter fake logistics.

1 Like

I won’t tell him you said that.

2 Likes

I woud like to invite all who wish to watch the upcoming battle over the 9-4RP2 Keepstar to do so from “The Valley”

Several streams will be on display at “The Valley” as well as refreshments.

3 Likes

I see. I’m sorry.

I guess I should just stop responding to her at all.

2 Likes

Freedom is neither a right, nor a privilege. It is a degradation and a degeneration.

I don’t know how this debate could be that long, but I feel like I could tune in and offer my point of view, and maybe both Arrendis and Ms. Jenneth will see merit in my words. If not - I will prefer to know if I did a mistake anywhere in my reasoning, which I hope I won’t.

It’s quite logical that one shall deal with injustice by justice. For example, Mr. Nauplius treating of slaves is injustice. Amarr slavery system is justice. Conclusion: enslave Mr. Nauplius according to Amarr laws.

Of course, slavery is highly illegal in Caldari State, and we use different punishment methods for criminals, but Mr. Nauplius is neither State citizen, nor resides in State space, thus Amarr punishmet is the most applicable in this case.

By whom the justice shall be delivered? Obviously, by local authorities of the place where Mr. Nauplius commits the injustice. It can be government insitution (e.g. Holders), law enforcement, military commanders of the system, or otherwise people who supervise and responsible for the area.

As soon as Mr. Nauplius hurts State citizens, as he claims in his anti-Achura propaganda, I myself will have permission to enforce State law on him. But honestly, I will prefer to see Amarr dealing with him… in Amarr way. It will suit him way better than our forms of punishment.

Slavery for slavery is the best form of justice, don’t you think so?

Keep going everyone, I’ve almost gathered enough galnet words to build a device of ultimate destruction! It’s powered by hot air and bluster.

6 Likes

You forgot the evil laugh. I am disappointed.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, as an independent capsuleer, CONCORD laws protect him from formal Amarr justice.

4 Likes

Given their histories, their own positions toward you they probably wont. Obviously that statements slated more heavily to one side but I’d rather maintain my neutrality on this and simply say both.

:smirk:

2 Likes

In general, Diana, I wouldn’t mind Napkins being dealt with by local justice systems. However, as Samira’s pointed out, Napkins is covered by CONCORD’s jurisdiction. So it’s actually illegal for local justice systems to do anything more than blow up his ship. As we all know, that’s really not much of a punishment for capsuleers. And that’s all you can do to him, too: blow up his ship. You can’t even pod him in State space without running afoul of CONCORD yourself.

So, while I agree with you on the theory—where this concerns Napkins—on execution, I’m afraid it’s just not feasible to enact any real justice.

3 Likes

:popcorn:

4 Likes

Bandwidth is cheap, but at some point you have to wonder what the point of it all is.

1 Like

So … first, Ms. Kim, he’s a capsuleer, so local authorities don’t have a lot they can say about him.

Justice is an abstract, subjective thing: an outcome that seems to fit, from a given point of view. An appropriate ending.

I don’t care about that. How would we even get justice for everyone he’s killed or otherwise destroyed? He’s only got the one life, and only so many nerve endings, and killing him in a way that might actually be a degree of retribution for it all wouldn’t do good things for the executioner, either.

I just want it to stop. I don’t really care whether he pays for what he’s done so long as he doesn’t do it any more.

1 Like

I’m sure we could take a page out of the punishment of Lord Aritcio.

The Butcher deserves to suffer.

4 Likes

No amount of suffering will, however, repair the damage done.

I would say that simply ending a threat is the best way about it, were such a thing possible with an independent capsuleer.

3 Likes

I’ve been reading a bit of Amarr history, in an effort to get some sort of sense of their people. Is that the story where the saying, “Getting my pound of flesh,” was made quite literal?

I can appreciate the desire for some sort of retribution, but at what point does the one doing the punishment cross the line and become Nauplius? Because that’s when Nauplius wins.

1 Like

He wins every day he goes without punishment for what he’s done.

Yes.

3 Likes