Some comments on the Voluval

We had not actively done so in some time, and current affairs have been done to death elsewhere.

If it was felt that I was attacking tribal customs, then I both owe an apology and in pique expressed myself inadequately.
Whatever the intent on both parties, “no u!” Raises its head with some frequency. Instead of treating that thread with as much consideration as due, I conflated Ms Rella and the Republic. Which was unworthy.

I would dispute the prying, I asked precisely one question. Your perception that I have been insincere may be heightened by my knowing what I freely concede is an answer, not the answer.

To give some context to my hard-headedness on this topic, for one born to ‘a monolithic religion’, the actions of some represent us all.

I could tell you in all sincerity that breeding facilities are not the norm, that the tales of the breadth of the most severe practices are largely unsubstantiated hyperbole, and slaves in the Empire in most respects live very much like the poor everywhere else.

To do that though would be to deny who we are. To borrow terminology from your compatriot, the reclaiming is.
The responsibility of those of my class is not to justify it, but to ensure the Empire remains worth the many costs it will always incur.

What I sought was not a weapon or advantage, merely an acceptance that the culture that gives birth to perhaps the fiercest defenders of your people has its own costs, and perhaps its own imperative for wise leadership to justify them.