The Multiboxing Debate: A Limit Of Ten Would Likely Solve Alot With Minimal Risk Of Unwanted Effects

I run several accounts because I like to play alone and try different facets of the game. My real life schedule is such, that some weeks I can play for 8-10 hours a week and other weeks I am lucky to log on. So I would not be able to contribute much to a rea corp.

I am in my late 40s and am financially stable so funding 4 accounts per month with MCTs is not really a big deal. A benefit is, I have my characters split up between High-Sec and NPC Null. So if for some reason there are alot of people hunting in Null… I run missions and filaments in High-sec.

I am not “winning”, I am paying for convenience.

On another slightly related tangent, I don’t get why some people think it is important to be a big shot in these games. one of the reasons I like Eve is because it is like real life. What one person does really does not make a big difference. It is the independent uncoordinated action of thousands of people that contribute to the state of the game.

1 Like

There should be not limit on multiboxing. This is a sandbox, do what you need. this has been disgussed before and we’v come to the same answer, every. damn. time.
No.
Multiboxing crabs are often easyer to gank
There easyer to interfear with
Alot harder to run for even basic tasks. links, logi, ect.

If you scale up your fleet, your cost goes up, your CPS goes up. the general dificulty of doing ANYTHING goes up. It is a huge pay off, but also a huge trade off. Dont like it? Eat a sock and stop complaining about it, ither do it your self or dont play the game.

1 Like

i beg to differ
even i use the local in eve stretched full height of the screen
crab see anyone on local , all crabs warp away
nowadays is easier with plater owned structures

not saying people
don’t kill crabs but

is not quite true

Same I hated waiting for an Orca Pilot to log on and my schedule is so crazy I started multiboxing. I can log on for a few hours a week, hang out in local chat, and mine when I get ready.

Definitely games should have more PvE that needs fleets with highly micromanaged ships, including ECM and Logistics, changing targets, neuting and scramming. Those activities like fashpoints are too easy, they should get the special NPCs spawning special effects that are in world arc, also additional random reinforcements. World arcs are ok, but could be a bit more hard, like more of the special NPCs spawning adding a lot more of the spheres that can influence the battle. The sites in incursions needs changing also, adding those special NPCs also, plus random reinforcements. lvL 4 missions need more random effects also, and reinforcements, neuting squads that would break marauders that are fit for active tanking and nothing else. The mission system should react according to the ship used, to counter it to some degree. Making it hard for solo, and needing 3 people perfectly for the fastest run, 2 logis and one dps with anti ecm fit.

@Sargon_Of_Amerish This is an exemple of how technology permits us to do things that didn’t exist before and it’s also a good exemple of just because you can doesn’t mean you should.
CCP provides us with three characters - like one isn’t enough. I can understand that somewhat. One for PvP another for PvE and a support toon.
But someone who thinks about multiboxing as a way to overwhelm and then profit multiple times on one thing is just not, in my opinion, very honest.
And for CCP to allow that it makes me wonder about them.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.