The Problems with Edencom Ships

And I see CCP is still AOK with EDENCOM being garbbity garbbity garbo smarbo. “Incremental changes” really means, “We’ll just ignore the problem for a year or so”.

1 Like

I’ve been out of game for a while, but I was real excited about these new ships, saw them in trailer and I was like “I wanna try one out”…

Then… well… upon closer inspection, I found out their use…

I don’t expect new ships to be best in everything, but I expect them to be good in something, like at least in top 25% of ship category for certain job, right, because balance… I don’t even consider pricing here, let’s just look at options of what to do with them

So let’s see EDENCOM ships…

For exploration? Not really, I mean, no bonuses on scanning stuff, lot’s of other ships which can do it way better… It’s not even close to be in top 25% of available ships, fair enough…

For PVE (missions)? Not really, rats spread out and orbit at different ranges, also the issue of safety + aggroing yellow pilots could end up pretty badly, I’ve taken quite a bit of nightmares, machariels, etc’s with my tracking disruption Arbitrator. So for missions, it’s not even a consideration as a candidate…

For PVE (incursions)? Not really, same as with missions…

For PVP (fleets)? If you have a fleet of 200 people doing keep range of 1km on FC pressing F1, maybe could of EDENCOM ships would be useful, but getting them in range without FC calling out for fleet to spread out might prove tricky, so overall, not in the top 25% of ships that you would choose for PVP

For PVP (solo)? In 1vs1, this ships damage mechanics makes it useless, not even a candidate

For PVP (gatecamping)? Again, same issue as above, you will most likely be engaging less enemy ships than your fleet size, and you are able to get way better ships to do the job

For PVP (bridging / hotdrops)? Again, same issue as above, you will most likely be engaging less enemy ships than your fleet size, and you are able to get way better ships to do the job

So, we have a line of ships which are useless in almost every PVE scenario, it is not even remotely useful in most PVP scenarios and it’s not really exploration ship either.

So, what is it good for? It bloody looks nice… And that is it’s use!!! CCP grew tired of seeing all these fancy nice screenshots from Elite Dangerous and decided to make ship for taking nice screenshots in EVE. Also EVE always says that all cinematics are recorded in game and they needed vorton projectors for wow effect in fight trailer, so, there you go, it had to go in the game…

4 Likes

Agree, the EDENCOM sbip line might be exhibit #1 in the long line of poorly designed game design and balancing that CCP put forth in regards to the introduction of Trigs and their fundemental change of EVE.
Perhaps the ships and their design are too broken to be fixed and made useful?

What I would expect to see to even remotely begin considering using them (regardless of price) would be that the damage is arcing and splitting to targets in range, but if less target are there, then damage should stack…

So damage output should be constant, let’s say battleships deals 1000 dps, if it’s just one target in range, it takes all damage, if there is 5 targets each one takes 200 dps… Everything short of that is not optimal… The argument that it is there to put pressure on logies is not really that strong, you can do the same by setting different primaries for different people in fleet…

Incursion fleets have been doing it for ages, each group has different targets, some of the targets are primary for everybody, etc… And if you have critical mass to field enough EDENCON ships to really mess up logies, then you have enough critical mass to field alpha fleet that can just blap enemy ships with or without logies present…

2 Likes
  1. ammunition for them needs to get cheaper by at least a magnitude.
  2. all the other change proposals mentioned above.

Once this is done we can talk about using them.

600 DPS against target ship

150 DPS against each the nearest four enemy ships to the primary target.

So, 600 + 600 DPS, but that diminishes as you clean up targets.

Would make a pretty desirable L4 boat at least.

I began using the skybreaker and stormbringer for anomalies.
It is very efficient, ut still risky.
If a potential target (blinking orange for example) comes in, then you would shoot him and most likely loose an expensive ship. That part is scary. If I see orange, I just turn off gun and warp out, what else can I do ?
Turning on friendly fire for the corporation is still a big NO… When you can’t play with people because of crappy game mechanics, it’s really bad.

What I’m wondering is why the secondary target mechanic isn’t like the auto-targeting missiles one ? It would still not be perfect, but it would totally be safer.

This is comparable to running hisec anomalies with smartbombs. Hell of a lot faster, just risky.

1 Like

Carebears do in Marshalls actually and Widows are used fof lvl5s

+1 Cpp plz up ships + Reduced … munition T2 120k isk 1 united … my god

Hey, hey, hey Zhilia Mann, long time no see!

A slight increase to the drop rate of the skillbooks could be nice too, they are barely on the market at all.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.