Little things / Small QoL suggestions

since we are doing QOL is there a way we can mass delete expired contracts instead of clicking them each one by one?

thanks

reposted from test server thread

1 Like

Or even renew them without having to set them all up again.

5 Likes

Suggestion: Ability to filter alpha skills under character sheet > skills
Keywords: ui, character sheet, skills
Note: Quickly find all alpha skills, even used for omegas who want to skill all alpha skills

Currently you can only use “can skill now”

13 Likes

Suggestion: Add a option for skills to be added to the skill queue directly after Prerequisites to the right click menu
Keywords: Skills, skill training, right click
Notes:
You can currently right click on a skill and there are options to add it to the top of the skill queue and to the end of the skill queue. However, for skills that have Prerequisites that are completed in the current skill queue, there is no easy way to add the skill directly behind where the Prerequisites are completed. The add to top of skill queue command does not work because the Prerequisite is in the skill queue and not yet complete. The add to skill queue command just places it at the bottom of the skill queue. However, there should be an option to add the skill directly after where the Prerequisite is completed in order to facilitate easier training of more advanced skills. Another option would be that the “Add skill to top of queue” command to add the skill directly behind the Prerequisite because that position is the top available space in the queue.

4 Likes

Suggestion: increase the number of characters available in the bio
Keywords: character sheet, bio, ui
Note: I wanted to add a PGP signature to my character bios as a joke, but didn’t have enough characters.

2 Likes

We have a number of little things coming in Lifeblood, check it out here

3 Likes

Suggestion: visually show disabled state on MWD/MJD that is affected by warp scrambler
Keywords: ui, modules
Note: bad UX when repeatedly clicking MWD/MJD module and nothing happens

If you’re warp scrambled and have a MWD, there is no indication on the MWD module that you can’t use it. The module looks like it can be clicked, but when you do click it the only feedback is a text message at the other end of the screen… (and warp scram & disruption icons are visually very similar in the EWAR bar.)

Ideally, the MWD module would just change in some way, showing its status of being disabled by a scram, for example with the blocky-circle like on cloaking devices:
mwd-dis

(discussed in separate thread: Dim out MWD button when scrambled – if other players don’t need this because they’re trained to recognize the scram icon that’s great, but all the same this is annoying and off-putting to newer and/or infrequent PvPers)

8 Likes

Excellent stuff, nice to know that the little things section is still being utilised.

2 Likes

Allow us to warp/dock to a citadel without having to have it on our current active overview tab.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Make the filter text box in wallet transactions bigger
Keywords****strong text: wallet, filter, transactions
Note: Useful when filtering transactions by items in the wallet

I use the transaction filter quite often. While you can drag and drop items into the filter sometimes I write out the item name. It is very hard to see what is being written in the text box, making it a few characters bigger would help a lot.

Further note: Being able to right click on transactions and filter them in a right click menu would also be awesome.
Further further note: Being able to view transactions per item by right clicking them in the market browser would be godlike…

Yes I station trade :smiley:

2 Likes

Suggestion: The ability to drag modules over an occupied slot to replace what is in the slot when using the ship simulation.
Keywords: ship, modules, simulation
Notes:
When simulating a ship, it would be much easier for a player to have the ability to just drag a module to an occupied slot to replace the slot instead of having to unfit the simulated module. I understand if this functionality is not wanted for actual ship refitting, but for simulations I see no reason why this functionality is allowed. This would be especially useful when you click simulate on an already fit ship, as then you would have to unfit all the simulated modules that were originally fit, rather than being able to drag modules over the fit modules to replace them.

6 Likes

Suggestion: Update PI Resource Bars
Keywords: UI, PI
Note: Useful for determining PI Resources at a glance

I would like to suggest placing markers within the PI resource bars, such as this…
PI_Markers Screenshot_2

In this example, the marks are set at roughly 10% each, I say roughly because of the 112 pixels the bar took up splitting in 10 parts would be 11.2 lol and its a bit difficult to draw .1 of a pixel thus the beginning and end have an extra added on. Im sure you could compromise this somewhere, but this would give the player a quick glance for personal use when comparing planets or for conveying that information. At current someone ask, "Hey how much Ionic Solutions you have in that planet…"and you are forced to say, “well I don’t know…its like halfish of a quarter…oh here let me just screenshot it.”

Even more annoying is looking at a planet, comparing with another planet only to have to screenshot and overlay the two images just to get an accurate picture of how much resources we are talking about. In this method you can go ooh look the ionic solutions are a little over 10% about 12%. The markers don’t even need to be black I just did that for showing their usage, you could make them grey or whatever.

9 Likes

Suggestion: Lock items in inventory
Keywords: UI, inventory management

Especially when you start having several needed items in your ship’s cargohold, like ammo, one MTU and perhaps replacement scripts for your sensor booster, managing loot gets to be a hassle, because sooner or later you will drag one of said items out of the cargohold by mistake.

What I would like to see is to have a means to lock the items in place. They can be used (as in, ammo loading into the turrets, boosters being applied, scripts being loaded into the sensor booster or deploying/picking up the MTU), but not dragged out of the cargohold they’re currently in until they get unlocked again. The locking flags should be character persistent as in, when deploying the MTU and scooping it back to the cargohold it gets relocked, but should be voided if, say, the ship gets passed to another player or is destroyed and looted.

7 Likes

Suggestion: More overview settings for beacons
Keywords: ui, overview
Note:
There are multiple types of beacons, that are all shown when you let beacons shown: FW sites, cynosural fields, pve event sites, upcoming ressource war sites, static beacons, etc.
Each one should be able to be turned off or on individualy. Less overview clutter.

2 Likes

Instead of locking in the cargo hold, perhaps a “magazine”. A separate hold for ammo, scripts, etc. (Similar to a Drone bay?)

1 Like

Suggestion: Allow deselect all in redeem items window under inventory tab.
Keywords inventory, redeem window, deselect
Note: When one has a large number of items in the redeem queue ie after purchasing content packs and leaving in the redemption queue, to allow “emergency refitting” in hostile space, one has to deselect a large number of items in order to redeem a skin or reward. It is far more practical to log out, and reselect account, redeem the one item, and log back in to access that way, please allow us to stay logged in to redeem an item without carpel tunnel syndrome.

3 Likes

Suggestion: make drones and fighters use the skin applied to the controlling ship
Keywords: SKINs, drones, fighters
Note: I know it’s not a big thing and definitely not the most important, but I’m sure there are some people who would like to make the drones/fighters more unique too. The default skin has no such effect, but any applied skin would show on the drones/fighters too.

5 Likes

Suggestion: Make the ‘X’ to close a window permanently solid white
Keyword: UI

I spend too much time moving my mouse pointer around trying to find the X to close a window. Especially when windows are overlayed, this is non-trivial.

Can anyone suggest a smaller QoL idea?? Lol

3 Likes

Suggestion: More colour variation on map filters
Keywords: ui, map
Note: Very important for navigation, available with old map

The new map really only has what seems to be three shades of intensity on filters: yellow, orange, and tradehub red.
When doing exploration it’s a lot harder to tell if a given area is safe or not because there is not enough variation in the shade or hue between systems. Bring back the old blue through red maybe?

4 Likes

I’d like to extend on that. Allow for sliders to set mix/max values for the color scale, much like seen with the scan results in PI. More often it’s the tradehubs offsetting the scaling so much that only those stand out on the color scale.

1 Like