AI SLOP POLL

Hi, I have been getting a lot of posts with people calling for a ban on AI use on these forums. The biggest problem I see is that at the moment there is no clear rule in how CCP/FC views the use of AI.

  • Yes, the use of AI should be prohibited on the forums
  • No, but a option for filtering out AI should exist
  • No, but needs filter and clear label of poster
  • Don’t know
0 voters

No option for “No, and I want people to stop whining about it”.

4 Likes

This isn’t going to have any effect, because Fenris doesn’t seem to care and I’m not sure how they can filter it out anyway. But yes, I only want to talk to actual human beings, thanks.

You first need to define AI before you can call what to ban?

Just use AI to detect and insta perma ban AI posters. :thinking:

:blush: :smiling_face_with_horns: :popcorn:

I’d rather read your prompt than to work through the bulk of text it generates based on your prompt.

Show me your thoughts.

This right here. ^^

AI art - Allowed
AI posts - Not allowed.

2 Likes

Can we also BAN AI Art please.

This slap into everybody which is creating Art.

The Recepie for cookie is the following
1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 Egg
1 Kakoa power

ups…

I’d be fine with an AI art ban too! Or at least contain them in a forum section specific for EVE AI art.

Yet another AI thread.

I use AI, but not for grammar correction, so you won’t see this player cut and paste AI. I do use it on occasion to render funny pictures, music, and I use https://duck.ai as it is not about money or data tracking the user. For images, I like the Perchance free engine, https://perchance.org/prpg, also free and unlimited.

I don’t mind someone who uses AI to spell check, proof, or repair something they have originally written themselves. I don’t like the posts where the AI has given you its opinion about the posters topic ( e.g. write up 3 paragraphs against the new Eve UI ). This is just being lazy.

Myths I am Well Aware Exist

Myth: AI is going to become super intelligent and take over mankind.
Facts: The whole planet does not have the computational power to make that AI. Maybe 50 to 100 years in the future, there could be AI that make their own decisions, but not now. Also this myth stems from bad scifi movies, such as; Colossus: The Forbin Project, Demon Seed, Terminator, Matrix, etc.. These fictional stories stem from man’s irrational fear of the unknown and placing their own agenda and motivation on another lifeform.

Myth: AI can replace humans at work.
Facts: While AI can write up music and produce photos. I have yet to see an AI song hit the Billboard 100 top music charts. Has an AI won or competed in Eurovision? Photos must be checked by a human. Do you know how many photos you need to run just to get 5 fingers on both hands? After that, you are lucky, if they don’t have sausage fingers. AI makes mistakes, lots of mistakes. Many companies replaced humans with AI. They are now having to hire the humans back, assuming they are available.

Myth: The country with the best AI wins!
Facts: The AI race with China is the same crap they sold about the “space race” with Russia. The US made it to the moon first, big deal, now we spend more tax money to put people back on the moon again. The silver lining to the space race was inventions like Corning ware and Pyrex. AI race will be the same, win or lose, the people paying the bill end up in the losers circle.

Myth: Investing in AI will make you rich.
Fact: No it won’t. This is just another fool shouting, “GOLD! There is gold in them hills!”. No one got rich mining gold. The people who got rich, sold shovels, picks, supplies, and equipment to the fool mining the gold.

AI slop posts, I don’t bother to read it, because it doesn’t represent the users own thoughts. However I don’t care to read one long run on sentence in a wall of text either. So type your words up as best you can, then ask an AI to proof them, I will read that for sure.

Have fun!

1 Like

This is such a nonsense that it makes me seriously doubt people’s ability to logically reason anymore.

AI is just automation, it has absolutely no awareness and it will never have awareness. Neither will it destroy mankind. It may destroy anything software-based, yeah, but not mankind itself. It’s also been trained on the internet trash, so its powers of ‘‘intelligence’’ are very questionable, and it shows.

1 Like

EVE Online operates within a profoundly recursive framework of interstellar post-material semiotics, wherein capsuleer identity undergoes continuous ontological compression through the dialectical tension between null-sec anxiety and the liquidity of emergent sovereignty. The market is not merely a market but a neuroeconomic hypersurface upon which tritanium desire metabolizes into corporate mythopoesis, while every jump gate performs a kind of psychosocial transubstantiation, converting distance into weaponized nostalgia. Meanwhile, the player’s relationship with the overview becomes increasingly Lacanian as hostile ships signify not enemies but fragmented projections of the self, orbiting at thirty kilometers around an unresolved kernel of spreadsheet consciousness. In this sense, sovereignty is less about territory than about collectively hallucinating administrative legitimacy until the server acknowledges your trauma as a valid strategic resource. Ultimately, EVE Online is a phenomenological engine for transforming boredom into capital, capital into conflict, and conflict into the sublime realization that your emotional support Drake has been sitting in Jita for six years.

4 Likes
1 Like

I think it is possible, but not for at least 50 years. I am not the tech in the room, that is my husband’s department. However I understand how thought process work, as biological humans. We tend to think everything is based around what we deem “morally correct” but in fact, those are just rules we placed on ourself. A person lacking any empathy is more likely to kill another for a wide variety of reasons. A machine lacking empathy would be less likely to kill and have a whole different set of reasons.

When two or more humans have hostile interactions, we do so mostly over survival instincts, something a mechanical lifeform would never comprehend. I assume two or more mechanical lifeforms meeting would simply exchange information until they were identical. It would be less about destroying the enemy and more about getting to know them. They would benefit by increased knowledge and have nothing to debate.

All today’s hate about AI, is simply failing to understand it is a tool like the stapler on your desk. So my question to all the AI haters, when will the staplers become self aware and take over the world making you slaves?

Have fun!

I love this one here:

Where is the option for I love AI and want more of it in my threads, this poll seems tilted and bias. Much like anti gank propaganda

3 Likes

2 Likes

I liked the part of the movie where the cyborg is cutting his damaged eye out of its socket. Then 20 minutes later in the movie land lord asks, if he has a “dead cat” in the room. Apparently the stink of eye removal has offended. It is at this point we see for just a few seconds on screen the machine selecting the appropriate response.
The choices are;

  • Yes/No
  • or What?
  • Go away
  • Please come back later
  • F–k you, asshole
  • F–k you

It then selects and says the 5th line. :grin:

Is it safe?
That is some scary thoughts about killer AI. Who gets to program the AI? @Princess_Rose_Ivory and @Meridan_Night don’t see AI as a dominating threat to mankind. I am a retired soldier, now working for a PMC, HQ in Florida. Knowing how the military programs a soldier, the terminator could be a reality, assuming the AI follows orders. As long as, humans are not seen as a threat, the AI drones won’t attack. All it takes is some nerd believing their software is bulletproof and all Hell breaks loose. There was a good example of this in Red Planet (2000). Where the astronauts’ robotic dog starts hunting them on Mars.

As for all the AI, porn pics, music, and love letters posted in this forum… I don’t mind. I really doubt the forum owners care. Also the OP assumes you can “detect it” and stop it. Only another human can tell what is right or wrong, which brings me to another question. When are one of the moderators here going to address my posting in Caturday? It is still stuck in there for 29 days now! The robot you have handling it, apparently went on strike.