Artillery T2 vs Autocannon T2 and ability to get to desired combat ranges (fitting issue)

… you… you do realize that for the most part t2 guns do base higher damage right? I mean lets use artillery for example the only reason to use faction 1400s is for the fitting. that advantage you want to take away removing any and all chose from the matter.

do you even play this game or do you just sit around in the fitting window seeing problems that don’t exist.

also why does he think all the things used to balance these mods are crouches or workarounds?

2 Likes

HOW IS THIS A WORKAROUND!?!?

out of all of them how the hell is him showing you a ship that fits 1400s a work around?

One example, while appreciated as i mentioned, does not address the larger issue at all. So, it is a workaround in that i could use that particular ship and then toss T2 weapons on it and call it over but again, it doesn’t solve the problem that all battleships should have access to weapons intended for there use without needing a crutch, when you have perfect fitting skills.

redacted

I stated this in another post but since that post was lengthy i’ll state it again. Any statement that is off-topic no matter where the off-topic post began, even if it began with me, will no longer be responded to, address the issue of the original post.

it’s not off topic though m8.

the fact that faction guns give better fitting is an example of how the guns are balanced and that your problem is imagined.

1 Like

Fitting a single reactor control onto a mach (which has just been tilted towards a shield ship anyways) to fit 1400’s isn’t a work around. It’s design. How is that a problem?

What ideas you’ve fought for in the past is irrelevant. You’re talking to people who argued for the removal of off grid boosting, told you that if freighters got fitting they’d be nerfed and were correct to think so, that battlecruisers should get projection role bonuses, that t3’s had too much ehp, that the bowhead should exist etc

But none of that matters when it comes to this idea, or any idea. It doesn’t matter who proposes it nor what they proposed in the past. Nor does it matter whos arguing against it.

1 Like

At the end of the day, CCP very clearly intended for 1400s to be hard to fit.

They clearly do a lot of things arbitrarily, but given how often guns get analyzed in balance passes, if they wanted them to be easier to fit, they’d have made that change already. It’s not some sneaky thing that they may not have noticed. It’s something they explicitly add.

You may disagree with this decision and argue that it’s “not fair”. And CCP would end up being the one with all of the say in the matter. I for one support CCP’s side in this, those guns are incredibly powerful. They need to be hard to fit.

2 Likes

I know the fight is an uphill battle but if you never ask for changes CCP will never make them. There are lots of things that were in the game a long time but players asking for change got change into the game. As I stated before, I’m not content to do or say nothing when it is obvious to me that there is a problem.

Other comments added since my last post are rehash or just off-topic, in either case no response is forthcoming.

hows about this?

why other than ("‘crutches’ are bad m’kay") do you think this is needed? do you honestly believe giving up one low for a weapon system that generally gives over 10k alpha makes them not worth using.

the reasons you have given so far for this change everyone seems to agree are not good reasons

2 Likes

Easier fittings for artillery of all size have been requested many time and CCP moved a bit for small a few months ago but that’s it. The balancing issue faced by artillery is how alpha strike works in fleet settings where it would be game breaking to not have to make any sacrifice to get the highest alpha strike weapon in the game online. The only way this might change is if the alpha strike on artillery is lowered as compensation to changing the fitting requirement to less PG. At that point, you will literally be rocking 1200 with a different name on them.

The difficulty of fitting artillery is a balancing factor put into the game just like the limited range of blasters, the tremendous cap usage of lasers or the flight time of missiles. As a whole, it provide an interesting game where choices and sacrifices have to be made.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.