Broaden Black Ops Battleships' potential with directional scan immunity

For a humanitarian organization, they had no problem sending me to kill people in the epic arc.

1 Like

People like to say d-scan immunity would be OP but canā€™t explain why. People thought recons would be OP with it and we see after 2 years it isnā€™t.

3 Likes

Iā€™d be happy if they added scan immunity to the Nestor, Its a ship crying out for it.

2 Likes

Maybe because they have worse stats than t1 battleships ?

And wormholes have mass limitations?

Like this change would be irrelevant, and its apparent that it was written and proposed by someone devoid of any real indepth game knowledge.

The only thing this would do, is make pve even safer than it already is.

Do we really want pve in eve to be safer?

if you can be probed down, you arenā€™t safe by any measure.

2 Likes

Good post. I like the idea.

Ship it

1 Like

Absolutely not. Thatā€™s a horrible idea, Nestors are already borderline OP WH isk printers for those who donā€™t have capitals.

[quote=ā€œClaevyan, post:19, topic:11964, full:trueā€]
I would love to see the Nestor capable of taking a BLOPS Bridge though. Itā€™s most likely CCP just didnā€™t think it would be needed or didnā€™t take the time to add it. [/quote]

The problem with doing that is either a) you have to make it covops cloak capable, or b) you have to open up covert cynos/bridging to non-covops ships. Thereā€™s a simple solution in my mind if you want to go this route. Give the nestor a fuel bay, and the ability to jump a covert cyno, but not able to fit a bridging module.

Or just straight up make it a faction black ops. :slight_smile:
When i said ā€œtake a black ops bridgeā€ i mean jump to a covert cyno. Not actually take a bridge like Cov Ops ships do. It made sense in my head but the verbiage was incorrect. sorry about that.

Chance, I like some of the discussions you initiate. But this is a bad idea. Blops is about jumping, which makes it a nullsec ship. Also the mass. The only gameplay your proposal would improve is DED running PvE ships.

Here is a better idea to make blops more useful. Nullsec is safer than it should be due to capital umbrellas. Overfarming is slowly killing the Eve economy. There needs to be counters to the capital umbrella. Give BLOPS ships a cyno inhibitor module. Like the mobile cyno inhibitor, it blocks any normal cynoes at 100 range. Instantly activated, hence why a BLOPS would be a better counter than a mobile inhibitor. It uses blops fuel, works in 1 minute cycles, immobilizes the blops for 1 minute, disables remote assistance (canā€™t receive reps). If you activate it, you better win the grid or you will lose the blops. So its still a fair risk.

2 Likes

Now that would be OP.

I love the original idea. Gives more options, while not magnifying the power of their current uses.

are u actually retarded

Olmeca does have a point about the DED site runners though, allowing for a battleship to run them dscan immune. Granted, youā€™d be able to combat probe them down still and see the pilots in local, and wrecks on dscanā€¦

Overall i prefer the original idea.

1 Like

No. Why do you ask?

As for ratter safety: that needs a whole lot of change, and it ainā€™t battleship ratting thatā€™s knackering the economy.

Iā€™m actually referring to mr. wingspan here.

Believe it or not a change like this would actually help krabs more than pvpers. Uncatchable DED blops will be even more uncatchable. And whatā€™s the call for this need? Theyā€™re not so popular in wormholes? What do you expect, itā€™s a BS with a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  jump drive.
Itā€™s also a T2 hull which means that if you value your ISK you shouldnā€™t be flying (truly) solo. The jump drive mechanic is a part of their niche roll so your argument is basically like saying ā€˜logi needs a change because they canā€™t be flown truly soloā€™. Relying solely on their jump drive is actually what makes them so good. The rest of your arguments are pretty much nullifed by an expanded probe launcher and a set of combat probes (which isnā€™t something uncommon at all in j-space) so I donā€™t see your point.

TIL T2 means a ship canā€™t be run solo. Why did noone tell me this sooner?

3 Likes

I wasnā€™t sure what to expect when I saw the title, but the proposal is one I can get behind. I think the DScan immunity would be a great improvement to these ships and expand their use and usefulness in all areas of space.

And for those who donā€™t know: I am a bit of a bear. A sleepy grouchy bear, but a bear none-the-less.

1 Like

I like it.
BLOPs are extremely specialized, and this is good, but itā€™d be nice to see a way to use them that shakes things up.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never understood the reasoning behind denying them the CovOps cloak - this would work just as nicely, though. At the very least, Iā€™d like to see something new on the Marshal - itā€™ll be hard to justify undocking it otherwise, with its rarity