CCP Totally Failed it's Hsec players

Carebears just want to mine in peace. There’s nothing you can say, no wisdom you can impart, no convincing argument you can provide that will result in one of those “a-ha, I understand now!” eureka moments that will turn them into non-carebears.

3 Likes

People are often confused as to what ‘pulling Concord’ actually is.

When gankers deliberately undock in corvettes while still having a criminal timer…Concord will move to the station and destroy those corvettes. That moves Concord away from the asteroid belt where the gank just occurred. That serves the purpose of preventing miners being alerted that there’s gankers about. It is NOT actively preventing Concord responding in a timely manner to an attack…especially as gankers usually wait out the rest of the timer in the station.

What IS actively preventing Concord responding in a timely manner, and is the real definition of ‘pulling Concord’, is if team A are ganking at gate or asteroid belt A…whilst at the same time distracting Concord with team B ( or even an individual ) deliberately firing on a ship at a completely different gate or belt so that Concord are dealing with team B and cannot respond to team A. That is ‘pulling Concord’…and is an exploit.

That’s my understanding anyway. Anyone feel free to correct.

1 Like

Well that is a bit like waiting till a gank is in progress before entering the system, now isn’t it?

The issue is not one of simply ‘moving’ Concord but specifically of ‘delaying’ them.

I don’t think undocking or entering a system when gank is in progress constitutes that at all. In fact its a quite sensible step. People often imagine gankers are at their most dangerous when they are flashy…but in fact that is the safest time to undock or enter system as it means the gankers are either already attacking someone else or just got zapped and are waiting out the timer.

None of that delays Concord on the part of the person undocking or entering.

The cost of freighters, exhumers and similar needs to be dropped significantly to make griefing them less punishing for the victim

You don’t have to run faster than the bear to get away. You just have to run faster than the guy next to you

4 Likes

Yup…yet its amazing how many times I see ‘flashy reds in Uedama’ in intel as if telling everyone to stop, when really that is when everyone should be making a dash for it !

It didn’t take long for the facade to drop and reveal the troll beneath. Oh well, February month quota fulfilled.

1 Like

Meh…a gaussian laser fitted Venture can make its own cost ( 400k or so ) in one trip. So its not like people exist who are totally unable to mine at all…especially as some missions give a free Venture. My Proc used to be able to make its own cost in a few hours. And first thing I did was buy a second one in case first one got ganked…which it never did. If people want to mine even more…they should quite reasonably be prepared for more risk !

Oh ventures cost like 400k i guess its fine that Freighters cost almost 2B then haha good point?

Procurers are getting pricy so its probably just a matter of time until they also start getting ganked for the luls (and drive away players)

And there’s people moving 400m ISK worth of stuff around in them that would fit in a Praxis…lol. I can never understand why people shove both high volume and low volume stuff into a freighter when all that low volume ( and often just as expensive ) stuff could fit into a fast align Praxis with over 100K EHP and 1200 DPS.

Are you serious? That 400M is added to the loss when they get ganked :smiley:

I can never understand why people shove both high volume and low volume stuff into a freighter

Can someone explain the role of a freighter if its not meant to freight

You can freight.

You just have to buy a freighting permit first.

From CONCORD?

Nah…I’ve regularly transported expensive low volume stuff around in my ultra fast align Gnosis or not quite as fast align Praxis. Never yet been ganked, despite often passing through Uedama. Then again, I also use a ‘relay’ system rather than everything in one go through Uedama. So for example I’ll leave stuff from the previous mission just beyond Uedama, and take stuff through in smaller trips back and forth a few systems…then pick up the entire load further on. How not to get ganked !

Even giving away one of my little tricks…I likely still wont get ganked.

Ive never been ganked either, but players are being set up for being ganked because they dont know better and there seems to be no concern for this. But when you see threads about ganking literally every day you have to stop at some point and wonder if something could be better. And it can.

Significantly lower the cost of freighters and exhumers so victims arent punished as severely. That is a step in the right direction. Even if the amount of ganking stays the same it would be a token of goodwill toward peaceful players for once which btw. seem to be the biggest group as well. Why not work with them? Why does nobody seem to care about this group?

Exhumers should cost billions and freighters should cost tens of billions, so considering their current prices, it’s the same as if CCP has already significantly lowered their cost.

1 Like

Why ?

1 Like