Character Bazaar filter

(SecretService) #1

It would be nice to have a filter in the char bazaar, an inline list that can work as tags (separated by comma) to filter by skills. Like: Amarr Carrier 5, Tactical Logistics Reconfiguration 5, Fighters 4, Capital Remote Armor Repair Systems 5… etc

This should probably be the minimum so if I search for Minmatar Dreadnought 4, those with level 5 could be included too.

Very possible with the appropriate restrictions, searching through the initial char that posted as well the non-locked threads.

Other options could be standings. I’m going nuts searching for a toon with good standings for a certain faction and that is not sold already.

(Memphis Baas) #2

Most people who post their characters for sale in the Bazaar use Chribba’s eveboard.com (API-linked) to show their skills. And as you can see here, eveboard.com has a “Characters for Sale” section, and that section has an Advanced Search feature where you can add skills and filter by a set of skills that you specify.

Basically, this feature already exists, thanks to @Chribba , who is pretty much a genius.

Also, this feature isn’t something that CCP could implement, given that the Character Bazaar is just a forum, and as a chat forum it doesn’t even have any functionality related to characters or their skills. So, had Chribba not implemented this already, you’d NEVER see it, not from CCP.

(SecretService) #3

Thanks, I’ll try Chribba’s eveboard search feature.

re: forum, they can be modified… I woundn’t see an issue here. Unless legacy code…