Error 420 My 'User-Agent' header didn't work well

Today I received an Error 420 when I launched my app.

Defining a 'User-Agent' header is a good practice, and allows CCP to contact you if required. To do this, simply add the following when creating the client: headers={'User-Agent':'something'}.
xxx\app\venv\lib\site-packages\esipy\security.py:118: UserWarning: Defining a 'User-Agent' header is a good practice, and allows CCP to contact you if required. To do this, simply add the following when creating the client: headers={'User-Agent':'something'}.
  warnings.warn(warning_message)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<input>", line 125, in <module>
  File "<input>", line 93, in refresh_tokens
  File "xxx\app\venv\lib\site-packages\esipy\security.py", line 313, in verify
    response_header=res.headers
esipy.exceptions.APIException: HTTP Error 420: This software has exceeded the error limit for ESI. If you are a user, please contact the maintainer of this software. If you are a developer/maintainer, please make a greater effort in the future to receive valid responses. For tips on how, come have a chat with us in #esi on tweetfleet slack. If you're not on tweetfleet slack yet, you can get an invite here -> https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/tweetfleet-slack-invites/

May I ask your help to solve this issue?

Root cause: I have tried different way to solve this warning, but whatever the user-agent header I use, It would always get the warning.
I currently use headers={‘User-Agent’:‘the_name_of_my_app’}.

Q1: How could a set the user-agent without warning? Is this a EsiPy specific problem?

Q2: Now, I realised that even a warning count as an error. It that correct?

Q3: As I already got the 420 error, how could I solve this error, reset the access of ESI?

Q4: I joined Slack Tweetfleet, but why I can’t see any thread or channel?

Sorry, maybe too many questions.

Thank you in advance!!!

artist_D

1. The error you are getting about the user agent is from EsiPy, not ESI itself. I never used EsiPy but as far as i can tell, you seem to be defining the headers correctly, so not sure on that front.
  2. Yes, can read this for more info https://developers.eveonline.com/blog/article/esi-error-limits-go-live
  3. Either watch the headers described in the link above, and stop requesting data until it resets. Or figure out what is making the errors and fix it.
  4. You need to join the #esi channel. Can click + to the right of channels and search for it.
2 Likes

So glad to see you reply my thread. Many respects to you and your projects. Very appreciate, I will check the info you advised.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.