Just confirming like others have already done that this Wine patch: https://source.winehq.org/patches/data/199525 fixes the launcher.
I am now running wine-staging 6.2-1 with the above patch, and the launcher is not causing any trouble.
For anyone on Arch who needs instructions on how to patch wine here’s the basics:
- Install the arch source tool:
pacman -S asp
- Go to an empty directory
- Download wine PKGBUILD and associated files:
asp checkout wine-staging
- Open the PKGBUILD file in an editor
- Add the patch file to the end of the sources list (replace lines 14-18 with the below):
- Add the following on line 131 (after the wine-staging patches section):
# apply custom patch 199525 to fix EVE Online launcher issue
patch --forward --strip=1 --input="../../199525"
- Build and install with