EVE Launcher crashing on "Checking GUI Version..."

In the other topic, the new launcher update is being discussed. Hopefully you can find some answers there.

Tested the Windows Launcher yet, works so far

Used environment:

• Manjaro Linux 21.0 Ornara

• Kernel 5.10.23-1-MANJARO x86_64

• GNOME Version 3.38.4 X11

• Wine 6.4-1

In wine environment installed with winetricks

• vcrun2019

• d3dcompiler_47

And at least DXVK 1.8.1 with setup_dxvk.sh install

–fly safe 07

1 Like

Wow that way more than doubled it. It’s running like a champ now. Anywhere is still a little bit better yhough. It literally never slows down at all. I don’t think it will be free forever though. I think it’ll be free for about another two months and then it’ll be maybe $15 a month.

1 Like

As Anywhere is not available where I live, this is not an option. But it seems CCP is working hard on spoiling everyones fun by keeping updating and breaking the EVE launcher for linux.
Really CCP, what’s wrong with you? Why are you investing so much resources into this stupid launcher?
And if you really think this is needed, then please disable autoupdate on the launcher at least to the point where you have validated that it’s running with current wine production version without issues.

Thank you for your attention, CCP.

2 Likes

Good report Thank you.
ON Wine Staging 6.5 worked.

Bill, I just found out that there is now an easy way to install DXVK. Try this out winetricks --dxvk and then switch back to DX11. In my case I even got a better performance then with the prior DX9 without DXVK.

Wine 6.6 staging also runs the newest version of the launcher with no external libraries.
I wonder how many weeks before something else breaks. I am not worried though, I have been playing on Linux since the end of 2006, and the longest it ever took for a fix was a week or so.

I use wine 6.6 staging on debian 10, have installed vcrun2019 and set msvcp140_1.dll to native.

My account tokens in the launcher need to be refreshed, so i have to add the indivual accounts again…the login pops up and i enter the data and once i submit, i get the following error popping up:

“Could not open login window. Check your internet connection and try again.”

So i tried again and again and after about 12 tries it suddenly worked. Has anyone else experienced this? Is my setup missing something or was it a coincidence?

Running Ubuntu 18.04/Bionic here, using regular Windows launcher not Linux launcher.

After Wine updated to 6.6, launcher updated ok and can run Game, but had to remove and add accounts in launcher.

Did not have “Could not open login window…” problem.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.