Certificate Error on 64 bit wine prefix

In my computer I have never been able to launch Eve in 64 bit mode. If I did, then when I clicked the login button nothing would happen. With the end of the 32 bit mode coming up I have been working harder to resolve this.

I created a new 64 bit wine prefix and installed EVE into it. The launcher comes up fine but now I get the following error when I click “log in”, along with an empty white window under it which I think should be the prompt for the username and password.

cert error

A long time ago I fixed this very issue on the 32 bit client but it has been years and I can neither remember how I did it nor can I find any information on the internet about it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? EVE still launches fine in 32bit mode in the 32bit prefix.

Nvm, uninstalling wine completely and reinstalling fixed it somehow.

I’m having the same issue.

It’s not clear how reinstalling changed anything for you; reinstalling leaves my system in the exact same state as before (the package manager makes sure of this!).

I’ve tried a clean prefix with no luck.

Anyone else having this issue?

It could have something to do with your wine version. If your distro has too old of a version maybe use a more updated one from wine themselves.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.