We’re overhauling our wine delivery pipeline as part of the work for the 64bit client. The mac environment needs a combined 32/64 bit wine and I have side-ported that work to linux too.
If you’d like to give it a spin:
- Set your launcher to beta mode
- Wait for it to patch to at least version 1500694 and restart it
- check settings->wine options->Use dev versions
- Set Dev branch to winehq-linux-binary (this is only available if you have the latest beta)
- Wait for wine to install and launch
Be aware that if you’ve done custom things in the CCP wine folder, this will replace them, and the replacement may not work. Only give this a try if you’re willing to re-create your old wine setup from scratch if it doesn’t work. This is alpha, and you’re the first testers.
Please check in with what distro you’re on, whether you’re using dx9 or dx11 and how it went!