macOS 10.15 Support

I know that CCP has stated that they are working on a 64 bit Mac client but now that the public beta of macOS 10.15 is just next month, I am concerned about availability. MacOS 10.15 does not support any 32 bit apps at all therefore WINE can’t run. Will WINE/Eve be ready for the public release this fall?

Will they offer a client for testing with the public beta next month? Will they commit to a client by the official release this fall?

I know Mac is the ugly step sister in supported OS’s. I just want to express my heart felt appreciation for what you have done for my platform. Let me know if I can help test the next client. I am already on macOS 10.15 and missing my daily Eve fix.

o7

I used to have multiple machines available to run Eve, but now I don’t. I attempted to run Eve on a MBP 15" Retina 2015 running 10.15, as one does. The Launcher fails with the error message: " “EVE Launcher” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. “This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.” I was unable to get far enough into the launcher to select the 64-bit version of the app.

35%20PM

Oh good thing I haven’t updated my OS. but hopefully they update the client.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.