From Extraction To Production: Update

The key to hulk-mining has always been jetcans and orcas/rorqs.

1 Like

This is a horrible idea. At the moment I make “Nano-Factory” in a Wh. The only P4 I can make with the combination of planets in here. Well since my chosen P4 uses all of the ingredients you are now making abundant, either I start making 10X more with the greater raw materials or I import and do something else. I can live with making choices - that is Eve but why would you take a few materials from a stable market “PI” to screw it over? Leave the raw materials in there and take the raw amount from other sources such as the belts. Or have a reward system at the refine level that is chance based and gives you better moongoo in low numbers.

1 Like

i know this but you cant even fit 2 cycles in the hulk with the changes and the current hulk on tq can

Wow, the stats are updated for the barges/exhumers on Sisi, except that the ship and role bonus are not applied yet for them.
Yet… the Makinaw fit I’m eyeing has already a similar ehp and yield compared to my current Skiff on TQ, PLUS, of course, the Mackinaw’s enormous ore hold (renamed Mining Hold, no more ice/gas hold). Once the 4% shield resist per level applies AND the yield bonus applies, I’m pretty sure I’ll have a monster beating my current TQ Skiff to shame.

The Skiff is dead. long live the Mackinaw!

A question about the current skill implementation on SiSi.

There are now two skills for the Industrial Cores. A basic one for the Orca core and a Capital one for the Rorqual. The one for the Rorqual appears to be just a renaming of the current TQ Industrial Reconfiguration skill.

Meanwhile, the Industrial Reconfiguration skill on SiSi is a much cheaper (SP-wise) new skill, but it bears the same name as the current TQ skill for the Rorqual core.

My question is this. If you have the current TQ Industrial Reconfiguration skill trained to V, what will happen? Will you have the new Capital Industrial Reconfiguration skill trained to V? Or the new Industrial Reconfiguration one (for the Orca core)? Or both? Or will the skill be refunded and characters allowed to redistribute the points where they will?

CCP has a greater plan to all this.
The devs KNOW that people dislike PI, but its a steady income for many people, alltho its a tidiess task to perform every few days.
The devs KNOW that moving PI is a PITA when a carrier needs that much M3 of PI, likely haft to be imported from other places.

I try to see the bigger picture of this, and analyze then reason WHY CCP choose to do this, because CCP knows that this thing will get hate, they know the hassle with moving the bulky stuff.
The only reason I can see is that the devs dont want caps to be a grab and go thing, a normal doctrin ship that has 50-70 active Revs contracts on the local keepstar.

The INTENT of this whole thing is to keep capitals hard to build, and expensive to loose.
They WANT a carrier/dread to be a 7-8BN thing and a titan a 200+BN thing.

What I dont understand is that.
Why add the new capital PVE thing, since the only people that will be using this is the super blocks that has an umbrella. having capitals this expensive will keep this gameplay to the super blocks only. the ones that will loose out is people in lowsec and amall alliances that cant muster a response fleet of 30 caps.

I understand a lot of the changes, and i applaude many of them, but I must agree with most people here that - you could have done it in a more pretty way
and lastly.
The lack of information and VISION from CCP is mindboggleing. If the CEO of CCP came out with a. okay guys, this is where I Invision EvE Online to be in 1 year and in 3 years, it would ease a lot of the hate you would recive in the forum. Any other company leader in the world does this with their company, why dosent CCP??

Yes, lets keep cost high by adding in the mats needed to build these things to R4 moon ore. Also if CCP puts PI in R4 what’s to stop em from adding it to R8+? Is this going to be their idea of phasing out actual PI? Change it from a passive income to one that must be done actively (or actively afk?) Regardless the idea of PI in ore is absolute trash and should be removed immediately.

This maybe impossible but as I’m sitting here with EvE open and mining on another window, I was thinking of a way to reward engagement with the process was if I could visually tell how much ore was left in an asteroid. I could run a scanner of course but that affects my tank, and I was reminded today that’s important. :smile:

If the vein of ore in the asteroid changed in colour - towards the same as the rock from the asteroid it’s in - I can just watch what my lasers are hitting and I’ll notice when that one is done. It’s completely optional, you can just leave your lasers cycle as per usual. It’s not negatively impacting anyone, it is what we all have now, but with a reward for engaging just a little more.

The idea of wasting, or just speed harvesting with a loss, ores in an Anom sound well received, so the Crystals could still be A (0% waste), B (34% waste, 2 x ore / cycle), C (80-90% waste, 18 x ore / cycle) - the number can be balanced as a lever against their own actions. The result is the waste mechanic is introduced in a way that’s “buy in for rewards” instead of sink mechanics.

With what I mine in HS at least, I would probably opt for B, even to the point of skilling in to it. I can understand the value of C clearing a patch for respawn or denial being valuable. It leaves a better than T1 position for T2 strips. If it’s well received, there’s a path to add a variant for T2 lasers if people want the option.

Thoughts? Crazy?

1 Like

What the heck?

Based on previous skill changes, you will have the existing skill, renamed to the new name, at the level you have trained.

They want capitals and supercapitals to be ships that die.

Making them hard to replace means they won’t be used enough to die.

4 Likes

I’m honestly struggling to keep up with the amount of declared changes and roll backs.

But it’s quite simple really , if you want a grind simulator carry on , people will buy plex for a while and then quit through Bordem

Orrrrr

You could allow us to create ships for war nice and easy and watch us Chuck them at each other breaking world records and having people play the game for decades

3 Likes

Am i getting this right that CCP is now adding p1 to moon goo because simply removing all the garbage they added to blue prints in order to mess up battle and faction ship production would make it too obvious that the whole industry revamp and scarcity nonsense was half assed and dumb?

11 Likes

Definitely one way to see it.

Adding PI products to R4 moons is possibly the greatest example of an ad hoc change I have ever seen, possibly in my entire life! :slight_smile:

How about keeping the current minerals in R4 moons, but make R4 moons highsec only?

What would happen if minerals were kept in HS moons, but R4 moons became Highsec only? I honestly don’t know enough about mining and industry in Lowsec and Nullsec to even speculate about the effects of no R4 moons at all those regions. @CSM

Is this part of a bigger plan to phase out PI?

You cut the amount of it needed, now you are adding it to mining.
I can see this leading to PI being stopped by many as it’s just not going to be sustainable.
Given the view some have on this being passive income, which is far from truth with all the maintenance and transportation needed, I would not be surprised this next being added to reactions in citadels etc

Could you shed some light on the goals here please?

1 Like

Ah, the blog(s) I’ve been waiting for while living out in deep space on hiatus from Eve.

@CCP_Psych

In regard specifically to barge/Exhumer survivability and decision making:

You have the opportunity here to do something uniquely innovative with this update. You’re revamping pretty much the entire mining system. Please do not do something so lame and boring and pointless as just slapping a few more mid slots on barges and calling it a day.

A few years back, I argued against an idea put forward by baltec, but I’ve since had a change of heart on it. Give mining fleets the ability to interlink/defend themselves. Like actually and seriously. Put a high slot or two on barges/exhumers bonus those high slots to remote shield boosters, and give mining fleets the ability to take care of themselves. Give them the option to either benefit from the larger ships in safer territory, or be little guerilla mining units because they actually have something of a point on their teeth. Or create new modules, maybe legitimate shield transfers that drain your own shield HP and give it to the other ship being shot, so they can move a lot of shield HP for a short time, until they run out of shield. Or maybe even a ‘real auto cannon’ specifically for mining vessels that can throw out enough damage to shred a destroyer or two, but then requires a very lengthy reload, or visit to a support platform like an orca, porpoise, station, etc, to speed it up. Or create a sub-class of RLML’s for barges/industrial vessels.

There are a dozen different ideas here that could all be viable, if but only you’re willing to take a risk - or few - and be creative in your solutions. Change the paradigm. But for the love of all things holy and/or unholy depending on your preference, please do not just throw a little more shield HP on the steaming pile of rubbish that’s most barge/exhumer cough… “gameplay”, rely on ‘oh but an orca can use remote shield boosters so it’s okay’, and say yay, we’ve fixed barge balance.

3 Likes

they are emoving 2 mids from the procurer :frowning:
only reason i’d ever want to fly a Barge is baiting.
Current Procurer is “somewhat” able to pose some threat and buy some time for a response to show up. The new slot layount wont so it’s just warp off or die.
A system to specifically facilitate corp level respones to ganks would be very interesting and make life much easyer for smaller groups with less alts.

3 Likes

I am talking purely from a clickfest perspective

You can make the duration bonus and yield bonus the same or one higher than the other by manipulating number, but generally trading duration for yield means less clicking

That said for the exhumers trading the 10% durationg (11.11% yield) for a 25% yield is a good trade - barges traded for a 15% yield, so still good