Gallente Weapons Missing Targets

Maybe you just sucking at realizing you were an idiot all along.

surely you suck at using the value that we have.
Since it’s the same value we had before, just presented in a simpler way, I guess you already sucked before.

Give me an example of how the new stat is advantageous over the previous rad/sec representation in informing piloting decisions during fights. Because it seems to me as though the previous representation allowed for more intuitive feedback to inform on-the-fly control over at least one part of the hit chance equation.

Your arguments thus far seem to be based on pre-undocking comparisons between turrets rather than any sort of practical in-the-moment application.

WTF ? Do you realize the value as it was before was only correct for ships of the size of your turrets’ optimal sig ? When you were not shooting a target with this exact sig, you had to do the same math you are doing now. The SAME EXACT ■■■■■■■ MATH.
Before, you were using it with too strong assumptions. Tracking speed was NEVER the angular of your target at which you can hit it.

With the new value of turret optimal sig, tracking speed has been divided by 1000 for small turrets, by 100 for L turrets, and 320 for M turrets. (and 20 for XL)

Whatever math you were doing before , you can do it the same way with value angular * 1000 for small and angular * 100 for L (or just divide your tracking by given value).

I know it’s very difficult to do the math once before undocking, but anyhow you had to do it before, the same way !

and ANYHOW this is not “put efforts into making tracking harder to understand”. This is just rants (=salt) of people who are pissed because they have to learn (simplified) mechanics again.

your formula does not have a place for falloff , which affects chance to hit . looking at uni wiki … https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Turret_mechanics
the changes make no sense to me , but that’s just me … :slight_smile:

We are talking about tracking, its impact on hit chance.
our formula does not take boosters into account either.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.