Gaming addiction

There are worse ways to spend a weekend evening…much worse. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Technically it’s not, we see it as blue because of Rayleigh scattering, which is molecules in the atmosphere dispersing the longer wavelengths of the visible spectrum.

Lol I did Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs and Life of Brian over Xmas.

4 Likes

Weirdo! I love it.

I have an EVE diary. How ■■■■■■ up am I?

Typing in a stolen password (or feeding it to an authentication system with a script!) is easy, but so is changing it. Feeding a system stolen biometrics is a little more interesting, but changing biometrics so the thief doesn’t have your stolen fingerprints/face/iris/retina pattern any more? Ooooohboy.

Not that this has ever stopped anyone. How many organizations still use the “mandatory password change every 30 days” policy even after that one’s been proven to encourage really bad habits?

Anyway, back on topic: games teach you things, intentionally or otherwise. If a gaming addict can be treated, said gaming addict might have a mind with some skills honed to a pretty sharp edge. Lots of time playing anything without reading the guides means you know a thing or two about minmaxing. Shooters and flying games mean spatial awareness and very good reflexes, which make learning to use power tools a lot easier. EVE has a whole bunch of things it can teach you, if you bother to learn them (and don’t sit in a belt mining all day).

Unless said gaming addict has a brain fried by other drugs.

2 Likes

https://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohol-health/overview-alcohol-consumption/alcohol-facts-and-statistics

For the US it is 88000 alcohol-related deaths per year (2000 per year by alcohol poisoning alone) vs. 2 gaming related deaths. Both are problems, but of differnt importance.

1 Like

/nods

–Agreeable Gadget

Considering the marijuana legalization in some countries and states.

Legit!

Looks like. A man once said: “Facebook is the worst invention of humanity”, having behind decades of experience in media business. It’s well known how many children and teenagers was corrupted through that and similar systems by ISIL (The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant).

At the same time just look at this. It’s scary like Walking Dead series

Similar to X-files movie series motto

The Truth Is Out There

Kill this thread.
Please.

Erm why?

Pics or didnt happen

3 Likes

I am addicted to big breasts. Man, when I see big breasts, I am in love.

Gaming addiction is Marijuana, smartphone addiction is Heroin.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.