Ganking, or rather the Right to Gank

(NotTheSmartestCookie) #791

I think a lot of the complaints about ganking would go away if CCP reprogrammed CONCORD to attack any miner or hauler without a valid mining permit in his bio. Of course this also requires a mechanism so agents can revoke permits from miners who violate the CODE, but that would be good for a second phase.

(Argox) #792

well you still cant think

(Solstice Projekt) #793

Boy, I bet posting that made you feel sooo much better about yourself!
Yet another item on the list of things you claim, yet can’t back up. :blush:

(Aiko Danuja) #794

I used to think that CONCORD should be removed from the game, but yesterday my Heron was ganked by an Orca and a Skiff. I managed to survive, and CONCORD was there to keep me safe!

(Solstice Projekt) #795

Wow, what?

Tell me more!

(Aiko Danuja) #796

I’m hoping James will soon publish an official report at www.minerbumping.com

(Solecist Project) #797

One should not use “dps” with ships that provide “high Alpha”, because it’s misleading, nonsensical and not in any way or form mirroring the real world.

One can claim “hey, the tornado is rather weak, only doing 600ish dps. That’s less than a catalyst!” and it would be complete ■■■■■■■■ based on factual numbers. Truth would be “the tornado is an absolute monster doing 10k+ damage all at once”.

A catalyst, doing 700dps, in a 1.0, can’t suicide gank a ship that has 7k EHP. There’s not enough time for that. A Tornado, doing “600 dps” (less than a catalyst) absolutely can, though, because in actuality the Tornado pushes 10k+ per shot and only one shot is needed.

It’s important to be precise in that regard, otherwise you’re misleading yourself.

Edit: awww ■■■■ me, one month later. I did so well avoiding necro’ing. -.-

(Nicolai Serkanner) #798

:smiley:

(safira jomita) #799

There’s no safe place remember? :yum:

(Aiko Danuja) #800

When you fly with the CODE. in your heart, then you always have a safe place in the loving embrace of James.

(safira jomita) #801

Aha! So you DO believe in safe places! :parrot:

(Aiko Danuja) #802

The CODE. puts safety first. Would you like to buy a permit?

(safira jomita) #803

Would that assure my safety?

(Aiko Danuja) #804

No, it allows you to mine. It’s not a safety permit, it’s a mining permit.

(Jonah Gravenstein) #805

If you follow the terms and conditions of the permit, otherwise known as using some common sense, the only thing CODE. will see when they warp in on you is you disappearing into warp.

(safira jomita) #806

Huum what the CODE says about people with bot behavior who don’t reply in local?

(Jonah Gravenstein) #807

If you don’t reply in local you’re assumed to be either afk or a bot, there’s a good chance one of them is the case; both are violations of the permit terms and conditions.

I don’t have a permit BTW, I consider most of what they ask of people to be common sense in a PvP game.

(safira jomita) #808

Even if said one is a known CODE agent? Or agents have a permit to AFK?

(Jonah Gravenstein) #809

If you catch one AFK, kill the bugger.

Then post the killmail in local with a link to Alanis Morissette’s “Isn’t It Ironic”

(Galaxy Pig) #810

Thid really isn’t that complicated, but still you struggle with it…