[Into the Abyss] Refitting in Warp/Pre-Warp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMFahR4wXTg :slight_smile: Refitting can provide really nice strategy

Refitting during combat =/= Refitting during warp.
In a fight when someone warps out that ship is probably running away in combat fit. If you allow it to refit for warp core stabs mid-warp itā€™s chance to escape when it lands on the celestial are much greater.

I do agree with that but better to enable refitting during warp but at the same time remove warp core stabs from the game :smiley: waaa problem solved.

Ships that fit or enter with warp stabs fit should just get concorded. Easy bandaid that doesnā€™t break the rest of the game.

Not sure what to do about battle Ventures though.

remove the WCS completly - give evry ship +2 warp core strenght

If we are removing things ā€¦ can we remove ECM drones from the game please? Just keep the modules, but the drones ā€¦ RNG is always in favor or the othersā€™ drones, not mine :frowning:

2 Likes

So is smartbombing while in warp making a comeback too?

Pandering to the big boys. HTFU is the response I was expecting from CCP, instead we are reverting back to this mechanic

1 Like

CCP should stop pandering to people unwilling to use ships designed for combating wcs. It is not their fault that people are unable to adapt. And also stop pandering to a demographic at the expense of the rest. What about non-fw players who want to use mobile depots?

Honestly if it were my choice I would remove all acceleration gates and have help people use a bit more cruisers and battleships in their fw compositions. Fw is unfairly skewed towards frigates imo much as I love using them myself.

Congrats on reversing the wide-reaching mid-warp refitting decision. On a side-note, how easy is faction warfare if a venture can tank the rats? It would make sense to have FW plexes give a weapons timer like abyssal sites apparently do, to prevent refitting.

2 Likes

Please, make a salvager ship (frigate) for me that i can use in fw sites, cargo should be around 400m3 at least, warp core strenght 3-4, align time somewhere around 2sec and with cloak. That would be great! Shipā€™s name could be: Salvation :smiley: :blush: Thank you
a wreck hunter

yea just fly a venture into the site and go afk if a player warps in the warp core stabs will auto warp your ship off for you and it will warp you to a new site so you dont have to worry about even watching your screen :].

Considering I only use WCS on industrials, if I use them at all, I would not have an issue with this either. You just have to compensate by reducing the number of Low Slots to 1 or so. WCS can go the way of the minelayer module (yes, for those that do not know, EVE used to have mines).

1 Like

Like troll interceptors with enosis links, the mobile depot refit and the Nestor refit whilst already in the FW site are quite logical and predicable responses from the player base to the WCS ban at a gate that everyone bar CCP knew would result.

Small kiting gangs that only fit long points and stay at range in case they get scrammed will no doubt detest FW farmers and their WCS. Heaven forbid the suggestion they get out of their garmur/orthrus and bring a malus navy or a Lachesis.

Mines forced people into a behaviour they didnā€™t like to do as part of their gameplay, much like Terranidā€™s comment above about brining the right tool for the job. Its the difference between a space ā€˜simulationā€™ and a space ā€˜arcadeā€™ game. EVE seems to be played more of an arcade game than people realise ( oh, you died? Please insert another quarter to continue ) and it marginalises those who wish EVE were more of a simulation with meaningful choices, variances and rules that promote a certain amount of balanced fairness.

The answer is already in the game. An ESS will scram targets that try to access it. Simply replace the beacon in a FW plex with a tower that has infinite points equal the the capture range, rendering WCS useless in a FW complex as intended.

You seem to have gotten the quoter wrong there. Consider fixing it.

ā€¦ā€œa tower that has infinite pointsā€ā€¦ ā€œforced people into gameplayā€ā€¦

You either want a simulation with meaningful choices or you donā€™t. Now, which was it?

1 Like

Mines in sovereignty space where AoE is common and mines in factional warfare space where AoE is more restricted have very distinct arguments.

Fitting WCS in a 0.0 sovereignty battle in order to warp away is going to be problematic when it is considered that interdiction bubbles and heavy interdictors will prevent this when used correctly.

The desire is for CCP to make changes ( not just FW, but everywhere ) that are meaningful rather than obnoxious. The WCS restriction is obnoxious in that there are already means ( Malus Navy, Keres, Lachesis, Proteus, Factional Points ) to overcome the problem yet developer time is spent on creating an additional and obviously avoidable ( mobile depot, Nestor ) solution via game mechanic changes. Combine this with the on-again-off again refit whilst warping issue and it is very hard to believe that CCP is really trying to implement effective change, or just making a change for the sake of appeasing those who complain of the present meta.

Is this not a more complete solution to WCS restrictions at a gate ? Either make a real change, or donā€™t change it at all.

Certainty never pretend to make improvements when they are so trivial to sidestep, its insulting.

deleted

You keep attributing quotes to me that I did not make. You should really rethink your editor.

ā€¦and when was the last time you ran into mines in EVE?

About a year ago. Bought 50. Canā€™t wait to use them.

Good luck with that, let us know how it goes.