Is EVE actually dying?

cool stuff like, like, TiDi fests …

Well, it sure as hell isn’t booming

1 Like

How EVE has been expanding and growing lately?

1 Like

Yeah, but no 100k or 1M for you.

Not in player numbers, but the content we have increases steadily. New ships, new modules, new NPCs, new missions, new mechanics, … there is no end to EVE’s development it seems.

That is not new development, that is instancing same templates with different parameters …

3 Likes

EVE is fine. I’m more worried about the EVE is dying crowd. These threads used to gain more traction and deliver better drama. Are threads about EVE dying actually dying?

2 Likes

These are new developments and even when the devs reuse elements then that’s perfectly fine, because that’s how development works.

Your trolling however is old and repetitive.

1 Like

Im still paying so carry on playing

Its all sorted

1 Like

What do you want, more systems? Have you visited all the systems?

I mean what would constitute “new development” AND “why would we need that?”

He’s a hater, he doesn’t want anything new, he has no ideas, he proposes nothing, he wants to see EVE fail.
I guess someone popped his ship and he’s still angry.

1 Like

Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds…

2 Likes

And now?

1 Like

The new owners will throw good money after bad :smile:

1 Like

PA got scammed, and we got awoxed.

4 Likes

I will play Eve as long as I see it as being worthwhile at a personal level, I would think many other people are the same. Was a slight surprise to come back to this news after a weeks cycling holiday, but after digesting it a bit, I guess it is wait and see.

2 Likes

CCP has an undisclosed period to produce an undisclosed revenue, to gain an undlsclosed bonus included conditionally in the 425mil sale price.

Speculation on the size of that conditional bonus vary wildly between 25mil (as to payoff Hilmar or other CCP staff whom are shareholders) to 200mil (based on some valuations of CCPs worth only at around 225mil).

Typically, this kind of condition would be 6-12 months, but might be 24months on the outside.

If CCP doesnt meet the conditions of the bonus, they lose the bonus, and invariably it is to be expected PA starts sticking its fingers in to get more revenue, cutting costs and/or liquidation.

If CCP does meet the conditions for the bonus, well, its to be expected staff will jump ship after earning it, and again, as above, PA will start sticking its fingers into CCP.

So start your clock.

2 Likes

As i’ve said on other messages, probably the bonus will be related to the performance of Nova and/or Aurora and/or Galaxy. PA is not after EVE’s tiny sliver in western market, what they’re hunting here it’s the massive Chinese smartphone gaming market… and with CCP they just bought 2 brand new games which might be launched in China eventually, and a ready to launch PC title that might inject fresh money no matter how skeptycal we are about CCP’s abbility to develop any other game than EVE.

It’s not EVE what PA want. It’s the new games and CCP’s experience in China.

6 Likes

Me too. If they don´t murder EVE like they probably did with BDO with the last updates, I couldn´t care less for now.

1 Like

Scientists have carbon dated the old server and it has components that are over 2000 years old. There are substantiated rumours by persons of knowledge that EVE Online existed thousands of years ago and Plato even wrote a book about it after his father talked to a mysterious stranger at the Library of Alexandria.

In those days there were only shuttles and was generally used for scientists to discuss building pranks like giant pyramids, cities way too elevated in mountain ranges and other things people should’t really do in those days. Just live in a hut and eat potatoes. It’s actually from lesser advanced tribes playing EVE Online on potatoes where we got that expression.

6 Likes