jEveAssets 7.8.1 (2023-10-18)

makes sense - the odd part is that the info is available in game (the question mark on the character sheet shows total worth incl plex). come to think of it - i guess an option is to make a storage character on its own account and push the plex on that account then just store the plex as items in a hangar. its just kind of ugle and hacky
There is actualy a workaround - if you take plex out of the plex vault then update and put it back then it will show right but its just not practical when i pull data every day
is there a way to “smooth” the graph over time? as it is now i run an update each day but in 3-6-12 months im realy only interrested in the general trend and not daily swings (should improve performance too)

@OnTow
There is no option to smooth the tracker, but, you can delete and edit track points. Double clicking near the point you want to change, to show a popup with options. Do note, that changes made are final and can not be undone.

1 Like

well i think i will start a new database since deleting say maybe 6 data points a week for the last 3-4 years is probably a bit too much. I realy love jeveassets and have used it as a guide to if im doing ok in eve since i started using it (i did loose my database like 3-4 years ago)
starting a new database also solves my plex problem … well kind of since im now storing the actual plex items in a jita hangar so it counts towards my total worth. btw is there a way to make it update on a schedule? i got it running on a pc thats always on and it could be cool to make it update at the same time each day (or each week for that matter) to avoid fluctuations based on time of day. come to think about it … is it possible to run jeveassets with a switch to update and maybe shutdown again too? im thinking i can just run it as a scheduled task.

@OnTow
Thank you very much for the kind words :slight_smile:
It’s always makes me happy to hear that jEveAssets is useful.

is it possible to run jeveassets with a switch to update and maybe shutdown again too

Yes, see the Wiki for details: jEveAssets Command Line Arguments
You will have to schedule it yourself with another program, though.
And it won’t work right if you have an instance of jEveAssets already running.

1 Like

yeah i was planning to use windows task scheduler to run it every night so its updated
Then i just need to make it behave nicely with onedrive. i have to run it as portable to make the data go to onedrive instead of local to my pc (i run it from both my laptop and from a desktop at home)
im running this with a script but how about an ini file or something to set behavior and save path?

@OnTow
If you want to sync to cloud storage, your best bet is to make a symbol link

from the discord server:
Make a symbol link from the settings location (https://jeveassets.nikr.net/faq#settings_location) to you cloud storage on both computers, so, it will be synced (alternative copy the settings to the cloud storage and make the symbol link to the settings location).
Note: don’t try to run jEveAssets both places at once unless you want a world of sync problems
Help with making symbol links … there is an option to use a shell extension too (that is what I did) otherwise it’s pretty well explained there.

EDIT: I should note that it may be helpful to use -lazysave if you’re having problems with your cloud software. Also explained on the wiki

1 Like

yeah i did the symlink but actualy doing it through the program would be my number one choice since symlinks on windows is a bit non standard. and lazysave sounds nice … not a biggie though since i dont have problems with the sync. again i would much rather have it in som kind of setting file so i dont have to add it to my launch shortcut. -backgroundupdate is new to me and im going to go that route for auto updating

@OnTow
Symbolic Links are fully supported by Windows Vista and later.
However, If you want integrated support go add a :+1: reaction to the issue Cloud settings
Be sure to make a comment with your preferred service, too.

1 Like

yeah i know its fully supported and im not complaining but its just a feature that hardly anyone uses. i think i can count on one hand the number of times i have seen it in use since vista came out and im working for an msp

Can’t access corp market orders - Is this related to the corp assets endpoint bug from back in Oct '17?

I’m probably just missing something obvious like I’m not the CEO or something…

@Cypher_V
If you add a corporation key, jEveAssets will update everything you’re allowed to update with your roles.
Most stuff require director. Contracts is the only thing everyone can get, if I remember right.
You can see what is enabled in the account manager. If it says No in the market orders column, it will not update, because, you’re missing roles. However, if it says Yes, and is still not working, let me know.

1 Like

Where does JEveAssets get current Asset names from ?
I have a problem with series of items ‘Accommodation’ Vestment Reconstructor where Eve appears to use ACM Compact Armor Repairer.
The Assets Tab can be used to change the name but I have 100’s of locations. Do I have to manually change everyone?

And February patch has several names changes and merging of items?

JEveAssets is a great tool, I couldn’t run my Industry without it but it is awkward having different names.
thanks
Azi

@Azi_Zambooruk
jEveAssets get the names from the SDE. It was last updated 2020-01-21. I have pinged CCP Prism X on slack, hopefully he or one of the other Team Co. devs will have time to do a new release soon’ish.

EDIT: The updated SDE have been released and I will do the jEveAssets data release shortly

EDIT 2: Looks like they still have the old names in the current SDE, so, I’m not going to do the update, since it’s pretty much identical to the previous one.

1 Like

Thanks for the updates on the Asset Names. There was an automated Data Update this morning (26/2/2020) BUT it is still using the pre-February Patch Asset names . I know that is not your fault, it must be the SDE that it still outdated, Curious that CCP are extracting outdated information; why are they not extracting from a copy of “live” database. Anyway, I previously did a manual edit of items.xml so now I will have to do it again. I saved a copy of original one in case I messed the edit up but I didn’t save a copy of my new personalised version !

@Azi_Zambooruk
Could you make a list of all the items that have the wrong name?
And post it here, on discord, or to my email. Preferably today, as CCP Prims X (from the ESI team) is already going to makes some internal CCP bugs reports about SDE bugs tomorrow, and if feels fitting to include these.

Btw, you don’t have to keep a copy of the items.xml file. Just delete the file if you mess it up. jEveAssets detect missing/corrupted data files on startup and allow you to download them again, to fix the problem (actually it won’t run otherwise).

1 Like

OK. these are my discrepancies based on stock holdings at stations.

Type ID ; current Jeveassets name from items.xml ; current name in EveOnline

from February 2020 Patch
8535 ; Small Asymmetric Remote Capacitor Transmitter ; Small Radiative Scoped Remote Capacitor Transmitter
5091; Small ‘Regard’ Remote Capacitor Transmitter ; Small Inductive Compact Remote Capacitor Transmitter
16489 ; Medium Asymmetric Remote Capacitor Transmitter ; Medium Radiative Scoped Remote Capacitor Transmitter
16495; Medium ‘Regard’ Remote Capacitor Transmitter ; Medium Inductive Compact Remote Capacitor Transmitter
16481; Large Asymmetric Remote Capacitor Transmitter ; Large Radiative Scoped Remote Capacitor Transmitter
16487 ; Large ‘Regard’ Remote Capacitor Transmitter ; Large Inductive Compact Remote Capacitor Transmitter

earlier problems assume from earlier Patch

4569 ; Medium I-a Polarized Armor Regenerator ; Medium I-a Enduring Armor Repairer
4613 ; Large ‘Accommodation’ Vestment Reconstructor I ; Large ACM Compact Armor Repairer
4573 ; Medium ‘Accommodation’ Vestment Reconstructor I ; Medium ACM Compact Armor Repairer
(?) ; Small ‘Accommodation’ Vestment Reconstructor I ; Small ACM Compact Armor Repairer ; I have no stock, so assume this one is wrong too.

1 Like

jEveAssets 6.2.0 Released
(restart jEveAssets to auto-update)

New Features:
-Tree now preserve expanded state on update
-Added Market Orders column: Issued (first known issued date)
-Added Market Orders column: TypeID
-Added Market Orders column: Broker’s Fee
-Added Transaction column: Profit/percent/price
-Added Transaction column: Tax
-Added Export/Import Stockpiles as Text
-Added broker’s fee and tax to the table menu selection info
-You can now copy selection info from the table menu by clicking the menu item
-Added support for column header tooltips
-Added tooltip to jumps column headers

Changed:
-Transactions Value column now include tax
-Copyright updated to 2020
-Market Orders column: Issued renamed Updated (last known issued date)

Code:
-Fixed memory leak in MyLocation/Citadel

Bug Fixes:
-Possible fix for duplicated value in the tree tool
-Better BPO detection for Industry Jobs
-Runs column does not match with the value “BPO”. Only match "-1

2 Likes

Thanks for the latest update. Good to see new features. TypeID on Market Orders is going to help.

Will or could the new Tax column capture the new Relisting Fee when updating Market Orders which is scheduled for March Release ?

Tax and Broker fee for filled buy and sell orders, one could manually set percentage for the tax and broker fee instead of pulling data from the client.

The app then uses that to calculate the broker fee and tax and show that number under the columns “tax”.

This option could exist in the “settings” > “transactions”, one field for each, in percentage, that only applies for filled buy orders (red ones) or all orders.

The reason no tax figure is shown for filled buy orders (the red transactions) in the transaction tab, under the “tax column” is because you pay a broker fee when you create a buy order, even if that order is not filled, so there is no way to link filled orders with any data pulled from the client (filled buy orders).

I suggest that all calculation is made within the app and no “tax data” is pulled from the client to then be linked with “transaction data”. This way every buy order (red ones) in the transaction tab calculates and show the broker fee under the column "tax"and every filled sell order (green ones) show the tax + broker fee.

@Azi_Zambooruk
I will look into it when it’s release.

@Ahuraa
The problem with that approach is that you don’t pay the same tax everywhere, since it depends on both skills and standing. You’re existing orders will be missing broker’s fee, since jEveAssets doesn’t know what date they where created, and thereby being able to match them to a broker’s fee. The system for linking broker’s fee is not perfect, since you can edit the orders every 5 minutes in-game, but, only update orders from ESI once an hour, that leave gaps in the information needed for linking them, however, with the new Relisting Fee, I expect, editing orders will be reduced a great deal, making the system more useful.

1 Like