jEveAssets 7.8.1 (2023-10-18)

Yes i understand the problem and realize that data cant be pulled from the client for the filled buy orders (the red ones) but for the feature to be useful that would be the only option.
Unfortunately now that you have spent time to add this feature i still dont have use of it, because only filled sell orders (green ones) have tax data but still is missing brooked fee.
If one could set manual percentage for tax and broker fee, specific type of gameplay, traders, that operate in hubs or specif stations this feature becomes VERY useful.
Even for other types of traders, if they chose an average percentage based on their past total cost, across long period of time, they would get a very close estimate of cost with the app and most likely would not need to, look up the average price for an item in the app, and type that in excel to see the cost.

What the app does is to show the cost of the transaction based on:

When someone fill your:

Sell orders: The amount + broker fee + sale tax.
Buy orders: The amount + broker fee.

When you fill someones:

Sell orders: no costs
Buy orders: The amount + broker fee + sale tax.

@Ahuraa
I appreciate the feedback. I will do another iteration once the March Release is out, to accommodate those changes. Version 6.2.0 is the first step in making jEveAssets more useful for traders, but, I hope to do more in future releases. The journal entry for Broker’s fee are not linkable to Transaction and Trading Tax on the other hand is only linkable with Transaction. I want to avoid spaghetti code in jEveAssets, so, for now, only the linkable values are included.

2 Likes

jEveAssets 6.2.1 released

Bug Fixes:
-Fixed crash to desktop in Contracts/Stockpile (thanks to Dak Torin)

2 Likes

I’ve used jEveAssets for a year or two, but haven’t been able to add any of my new accounts lately. Adding any characters will bring the “Validating API Key” message and then open a browser where I login to my account. After logging in and clicking “Authorize” nothing happens in the browser or jEveAssets. I tried so many times and also let it sit for hours at that message. I recently upgraded my PC and can no longer get any of my accounts into it. I have tried using both the Brave and Chrome browsers to no avail. I get the same issue with each.

I have 2 questions. The first is how to do I get successfully past the “Validating API Key” where I’ve been stuck. I am not behind any sort of proxy as I am at home. I just tried upgrading to 6.2.1 and have the same issue. I have run the API Troubleshooting steps. including disabling my firewall. Nothing has worked so far.

The second question is how to do transfer the data from 1 PC to another to maintain historical data.

I found the program very useful for tracking my assets and wealth in Eve, but haven’t been able to use it for months now. Any help on these 2 topics is most appreciated. Thanks!!

@Leonidas_Thellare
If you send me the log files, I will be able to (hopefully) figure out what is wrong.
See: https://jeveassets.nikr.net/faq#bugs for instructions to email me the log.

As for moving between computers, you need to copy the .jeveassets directory to your new computer
See: https://jeveassets.nikr.net/faq#settings_location for where to find the directory on your system.

1 Like

The SQL export of asset column “Runs” fails in version 6.2.1. Probably due to null values.

1 Like

@Neugeniko
Thank you for your bug report. I was able to reproduce it.
I will release a bug fix release as soon as I can. Probably tomorrow.

1 Like

What is the purpose of Base Price column in Items Tab ?
For most items ( just looking at Tech 1 Modules) it is usually zero but occasionally it has a value .

What would be really useful for researching market opportunities would be to have Price as used by Asset Tab ?

@Azi_Zambooruk

1. Base price, is the price of items set by CCP. They’re used for items seeded by NPCs, ship insurance, and a few other things.

2. The prices in the asset tab are estimates, they’re not really useful for trading.
    However, a lot of work have been done to improve support for trading, that will be included in the next feature release. If you want a preview, there is a dev build on the discord server.

1 Like

jEveAssets 6.2.2 released

Bug Fixes:
-Fixed crash to desktop when exporting SQL (Thanks to Neugeniko)

1 Like

jEveAssets 6.2.3 released

Bug Fixes:
-Assets update fails with ships in the frigate escape bay (Thanks to Ashterothi)

1 Like

jEveAssets 6.2.4 released

Bug Fixes:
-Fixed splash screen falsely claiming to be a dev build

1 Like

Thanks for the wonderful app it’s indispensable, really.

The https://niklaskr.dk/jeveassets/citadel/ dropped 503 on me on the first update, and now it is locked in “waiting for cache to expire”.
Can it be amended to work better with caching times for error responses?

And I have a small request. I’ve long since dreamed for a combined “Category / Group” column to sort by. If we can’t get it in EVE, could we perhaps get it in jEveAssets at least?

Is there a way to delete an update entry? As in when I use the “update” tab to update all my assets info. In the “tracker”, it shows the total asset value after each update. Is there a way to delete an entry?

@Tonto_Auri
Thank you for your kinds words :slight_smile:

Thank you for your bug report. I’m not sure why you got 503, the good news is that you did indeed get citadels updated. The error message is just really misleading. :pensive: (I will work to improve that)
It will first try my site, if that fails it will log the error, but, it will then try the citadel API directly and I guess that worked, since the update timer was set (as that only happen on success).

It is possible to sort by category, then group:

1. Double click Category column header (That will make that the main sorting column)
  2. Single click Group column header (That will sup sort the column, so its sorting as Category > Group)

Let me know if that is sufficient for your needs.

@Store_Owner
Yes, it is possible to delete tracker entries.
:exclamation:Important: Tracker points can not be restored after you delete them, all changes are final!

1. Double click on/near the tracker points you want to delete
  2. In the popup menu select Delete
1 Like

Yes, that looks better. Had to click on the item name additionally, to get a more consistent sorting.

As a followup to the question by @Store_Owner, is there a way of deleting most of my 3 years history , say just retaining data since 1st Jan 2020 ?

A tip for long term/high volume users is to keep increasing the amount of memory allocated to program because Startup/Update does slow down. Just increased mine again to 6GB (java -Xmx6144M -jar e:\jeveassets\jeveassets.jar) and made a massive difference but I should probably get rid of the data.

Check %USERPROFILE%/.jeveassets/data/tracker.json
The format is rather predictable, you can use about any language you know to deal with it.

@Azi_Zambooruk
There is no way to delete multiple tracker points (feel free to make a feature suggestion), so as Tonto Auri said, you have to edit the file.
Transactions/Market Orders/Journals history is another memory eater, those are in:
%USERPROFILE%/.jeveassets/profiles/[profile_name].xml
Or you can just disable the history in the options, that will delete all history on the next update.

@Tonto_Auri
Thanks for help other jEveAssets users :sunglasses:

1 Like

Going on 3 years any updates?