Little things / Small QoL suggestions

suggestion ; allow a toogle “type-strict” on fields that allow to filter a subset.

The goal is to avoid building/selling/moving the wrong item, because its name contains the one of the item you actually want.

ATM if I search “Firbolg” in the market, and I drag the icon of the “Firbolg I” in my inventory “filter” textfield, all of the following will be filtered in (shown) :

• Firbolg I
  • Firbolg II
  • Standup Firbolg I
  • Standup firbolg II

or the corresponding BP if I am in the industry window.

What I propose is a way to only have the “Firbolg I” returned when this option is toggled on : a small icon on the right of the text field, with “:T” symbol, so that when I drag a type in the field and the icon is toogled on, the type id is used instead of the name, just like typeexact:id can be used to search in assets. So if I drag my “firbolg I” in my inventory search field, only the firbolg I will be shown.

Another example of the issue I had is when I filter for the T2 material “ion thruster”. Another item called “fusion thruster” is also returned when searching for the former and already led me to building the later instead of the former, just as I already sold standup firbolg II at the price of a firbolg I (no money lost actually because I updated it 5 min later)

3 Likes