Little things / Small QoL suggestions

It’s not the reason.

The thing is, some effects are only applied to locations requiring specific skills. Location here meaning anything that is in the game, including your ship, modules, missiles, T3 stances, etc.

Example, an implant that increase the “tracking” attribute will only be applied to locations on your ship that require gunnery skill :
this implant https://esi.evetech.net/latest/universe/types/3190
has the effect https://esi.evetech.net/latest/dogma/effects/2847
which increases the tracking of locations that require gunnery (in reality those locations are turrets on your ships that require gunnery).

So even if gunnery is recursively required, it must be explicitly required by EACH turret that is affected by the implant.

also the skill by itself has an effect that is applied to the locations that require it.

It’s the same for mining, and mining drone operations. And drones.

Now, it does not mean that those requirement MUST be shown on the “requirement” tab. What does mean it, is that some skills may be required by two requirement. eg the type needs skill A and B, and each of them needs skill C. This in turn means, there may not be a correct way to show the full dependencies, and so why bother ?

suggestion : block and clear person in chat(s)

When you block someone in a chat, it would be nice if we could also clear all they wrote in the chats. This way I can tell who else I need to to block.

This would be especially useful in Jita, with hyper spam and all other usual scammers that bring nothing to the discussion.

7 Likes

Suggestion: Ability to drag corporations in the contract ‘private’ field

Keywords: ui, contracts
Note: Useful to prevent making typos, and a timesaver on long corpnames.

When creating contracts, you can drag character names into the ‘private’ field and it will auto-type their name in there. When you try the same thing with a corporation or an alliance however, it does nothing. Can we see the same functionality for a corp or alliance please?

Thanks Karkur for whatever you and your team does! To see things in this thread actually go in the game makes us feel like valued and understood players :wink:

4 Likes

as an interim measure, you can click the gearwheel in the top left of the chat box and then “word filters”- set your character name up to be highlighted. Will help for visible channels, at least.

1 Like

Suggestion: Make combat refits easier

Keywords: ui, ship fitting, refitting
Note: Make combat refits more user friendly as the current process can be simplified.

To combat refit, you have to have both your ship fitting and your inventory window open. You then have to drag the modules in between the two windows, which may not be next to eachother. With EVE screen real estate already being at a premium, i can’t help but feel this can maybe be optimized.
This can be fixed by either allowing us to resize the ship fitting window to a smaller size, or by giving us easy access to our refit modules while in the ship fitting screen. A possible solution could be an extra selection sidebar (next to skins and fitting browser) as shown in this example. Making this easier could allow for more options in the current meta. I feel like that is something that has been lost since the era of triage carriers.

1 Like

proposal : ‘library’ standard containers

Those would have a capacity of 10m³, volume of 10. Those would be dedicated to moving BPOs. The BPO would have same stats as small standard container.

the reason is : it’s annoying to move 10 containers of 100 m³ each while they only contain 1000*0.01 = 10 m³
Also moving all those bpos in the ship would take ages (my eve client dies for just one can) and actually just impossible due to the limit of 1k items.
The best solution is therefore to have small can dedicated to holding the bpos.

2 Likes

When showing the loyalty points under the wallet, it shows us the closest loyalty point store. Could the number of jumps be added as a column and allow us the toggle that column as a search.

Additionally something that has been mentioned before, remove or allow us to hide NPC corps that we have 0 LP with

1 Like

Range/DPS stats in guns/missiles reload pop-up.

Very simple… when you have 9 ammo types and your position changes, you need to know exactly which ammo type to be using for max dps. For us with gradually failing memory :wink: Googling the charts can be life and death.

1 Like

Suggestion: create a Link of the “system name”
Keywords: sov notification - “entered reinforced mode”
Note: can you link the system name, the same way like by the notfication/mail of “is being captured”

@CCP_karkur
Can we please get velocity on the show info window or the in space bracket. It is such a important piece of information that is currently only shown on the overview.

If your in a fleet fight finding this information is awkward at best. If it is a allied ships velocity you need to see you have to change overview tabs which is never a good thing in a tidi fight.

Curently if I want to know how fast my FC is going, I have to change overviwe tabs , arrange by name to find there volocity. PITA, don’t you agree.

1 Like

Suggestion: In Wallet > Market Transactions, double-click on entries opens market details
Keywords: ui, wallet, market
Note: Handy shortcut for getting more info on the transactions in your wallet

One of the first things I usually find myself doing upon login is look over the recent transactions in my wallet to get an overview of which of my buy/sell orders are getting fulfilled and which have been undercut by other orders. Currently that means a lot of right-click > view market details on wallet entries I would like more info on.

The Market Orders window already functions like this, but I often use the Wallet window instead of the Market Orders window if I just want a quick status of what has been going on recently. Since double-click currently does not have a function in the Wallet window, I think using it as a shortcut to view market details from here as well would make sense.

3 Likes

Proposal : allow entry/show of suffix for price fields and presentations.

example :

• 999t9 for 999 900 000 000 000 isk.
  • 1b5 for 1 500 000 000 isk.
  • 34m27 for 34 270 000 isk
  • 100k2 for 100 200 isk
  • 133.7 for 133.7 isk

I put the letters in lower case but of course 1B=1b for the sake of usability, EVEN THOUGH 1M and 1m are totally different in the international system.

The idea is actually two-fold :

1. allow everybody to enter prices in this syntax.
  2. allow people to activate the presentation of prices this way (deactivated by default)

The first step also implies the ability to manipulate the prices this way, so if I write “1b9” as the price and I press the arrow_up key, then the price is changed to “1b901” , NOT 1 901 000 000 : the input format is preserved.

1 Like

When renting an office, if its astronomically above NPC office rent, give a warning…

Unsuspectingly rented an office in Hek for 94 mil thinking it was 94k from what I thought was an NPC station (just returned to game)

Give a warning like when we buy things on market that its X % above regional average…

Edit 1. It was an NPC station. A trade hub.

1 Like

the whole rental price, and office limit, needs to be reworked. It’s been in the structures, now there is no reason to limit the number to an arbitrary quantity in station, nor to charge 1B isk to set up an office in Jita. Per month.

2 Likes

Suggestion: Allow the starting of industry jobs by double clicking on BP/Formula.
Keywords: UI, industry, job start
Notes: Instead of moving the mouse up and down from an ever greater distance from the Start button and maybe fumbling with the mousewheel that messes up your runs, you should be able to just double click on the BP/formula to start the job with the set specifics.

Suggestion: All the starting of several jobs simultaneously.
Keywords: UI, industry, job starting
Notes: You can already highlight a number of BP/formula and press Start, but that only starts 1 job. It should start as many jobs as you have highlighted BP/formulas, with a warning notification that you start X number of jobs.

Remote Manipulation of Deliveries and Deliveries in NPC Stations

Deliveries is nothing more than a way to move something to an alt or another EVE player without all the mindless clickfest that is contracting. Currently it’s a royal pain when you deliver to an alt only to come back later and the alt is in another region and you can’t do anything with the assets because they are hiding in the ether somewhere until you drive your butt to the station and drag them from deliveries to hangar. This is nonsense and it would be greatly appreciated if someone could flip the toggle that allows deliveries to be viewed and contracted or redelivered via Personal Assets.

Thank you for your consideration.

2 Likes

proposal : do not use distance for DELIVERY

only use distance limit to START a job. it’s just stupid to be told “you are too far to DELIVER that job”. FFS I can contract from any distance, but I need to come closer to deliver a job so that I can contract the item ?

Suggestion: Hotkeys for default behaviour of drones 1 through 5

Keywords: drones, combat, mining, ui
Note: Hotkey to assign commands to individual drones

Due to my disability I have difficulty with some interfaces, especially right-click menus. I would like additional options under hotkeys to individually control drones (similar to the F hotkey for “All Drones: Engage”), even if it’s just to engage the default behaviour of the selected target (attack, mine, salvage, rep…). Being able to map these to keys or key combinations would greatly help my game play. I’m aware some will consider this an aid to botting, but to be honest, bots are already able to click on the interface - this would assist players with micro-management tasks.

Alternatively have the default hotkey only affect currently selected drones and add hotkeys to select/unselect drones individually?

2 Likes

But why do you want to control drones separately?